• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

RBH

According to an NFL survey, the Jacksonville Jaguars rank ninth among NFL teams in popularity outside the United States. That's a huge jump from the previous year, when they ranked 31st.

"In a little over a year we've had that much visibility and improvement and I think it's very, very important for the Jaguars," owner Shad Khan said.

The NFL compiled the results by culling a database of several hundred thousand fans. Each fan that registers selects his or her favorite NFL team and the Jaguars were the team that gained more fans last year than any other in the United Kingdom.

The surge is obviously related to the fact the Jaguars played a game in London last season and will do so for the next three years, as well as how aggressively the Jaguars have marketed their brand in the UK. The NFL has granted the team extended territorial rights in the UK to allow them to take advantage of their four-year presence overseas.

The result is that no other team had a surge in popularity as big as the Jaguars' move of 22 spots, said Chris Parsons, the vice president of NFL International. Parsons said New England was No. 1. Darlene Caprio, the NFL's senior manager of media relations and international communications, said the league will not release the complete list.

"Either new people coming into the database or the database itself has a lot more people [listed as] fans of the Jaguars," Parsons said. "It's certainly representative of the fact that the Jaguars have done a tremendous amount of work in the market to build their fans and their reputation. As new fans come into the game why not follow a team that's done that work and is playing a game there for four years?"

The Jaguars have two full-time employees in the UK and send cheerleaders, mascot Jaxson de Ville, and players on numerous trips to London throughout the offseason. The Jaguars' fan club in the UK -- Union Jax -- has more than 23,000 members and the impact that those and other fans in the UK have had on the team's bottom line is significant, Jaguars president Mark Lamping said.

The team's local ticket revenue was down 18 percent in 2013 from the previous season but adding in the London ticket revenue brought it back up to the same level. The Jaguars' domestic sponsorship revenue rose 14 percent in 2013 but that number swells to 29 percent when the London sponsorship money is added.

Overall, London accounts for 15 percent of the franchise's local revenue, Lamping said. The London game counts as local revenue since it's technically a home game for the Jaguars.

"They're certainly involved in an entrepreneurial approach to what they're doing in the UK and I think that definitely has been a great advocate for the NFL," Parsons said. "They've invested both with people and dollars to build their brand in the market."
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonvill...ags-popularity-surges-in-uk-london-beneficial

nfl_u_jagsfans_ap_600.jpg

Which one is Gata?

cajunator

Banned
Cajun food around here will be nowhere near as good. But fuck you, can you get avocado year round? California has produce year round that other states wish they could even sniff.

Then I wont like it there.
As for avocados, I havent had trouble finding those at any time. Sometimes of year they are better quality though.

I really like loquats though. Have you had those?

Tom Penny

Gino expects to be top 5 very soon. Jets future looks bright.

“The thing about it is, you have to climb up,” Smith said, via ESPNNewYork.com. “If I’m No. 32, by this time next year or the year after, I expect to be in the top 5.”

I didn't realize he was just copying his other teamate

"The best corner in the league? Me," Milliner told the Daily News in an interview Saturday. "I ain't gonna say that somebody else is better than me."

MRSA

Banned
Then I wont like it there.
As for avocados, I havent had trouble finding those at any time. Sometimes of year they are better quality though.

I really like loquats though. Have you had those?

We had loquat trees growing in the backyard of a house we had when I was a kid and some avocado trees in the front yard.

MRSA

Banned
MRSA, are you up near Sacramento? We've got a pretty bad fire going up here, just been going on the past 2-3 days.

I'm in Orange County, truth be told, I have never seen a structure fire in my time of living here. Brush fires yeah, but not an actual building on fire.

cajun, I fuckin hate durian. I actually hate most Asian fruits. Logan, lychee, durian, all that stuff taste like crap to me.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of avocados whats up with their pricing, why it raise so much this past month? I bought some at save a lot just before the 4th for 99 cents a piece and seen them at wal mart for even lower at iirc 78 cents a piece. This past friday I go to wal mart and they are 1.50 a piece. fuckers.

eznark

Banned
Speaking of avocados whats up with their pricing, why it raise so much this past month? I bought some at save a lot just before the 4th for 99 cents a piece and seen them at wal mart for even lower at iirc 78 cents a piece. This past friday I go to wal mart and they are 1.50 a piece. fuckers.

Thanks Obama

MRSA

Banned

I bought 2 avocados for $1. California grown Hass avocoados.

Drew Brees ‏@drewbrees 2h
On Friday I said I thought I could play til age 45. I have been “randomly” selected for drug tests the last 2 days. What’s up with that! Lol

06h5FxC.png

ShaneB

Figure this excerpt from "Fantasy Life" would make a few folks chuckle.

I have to tell you, doing a draft with a bunch of 11- and 13-year-olds who know nothing about fantasy football is hilarious.
The kids grew up in Connecticut, so they’ve mostly watched just the local teams. That led to this exchange in the second round.
KID 1: I’ll take Mark Sanchez.
KID 2: Aw, man! I wanted him. He’s so good.
KID 1: I know. I can’t believe he didn’t go in the first!

Totally genuine. (If you’re reading this book years after it was written, understand that New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is terrible, both in real games and especially in fantasy. He would never be drafted in any eight-team league, let alone early.)

Watch other locations will be DLC

They definitely will, they already announced Eurpoa and Old Chicago, neither or which are in the retail game. I hope they drastically increase the level cap and allow item trading at some point as free updates. Yesterday my wife got to try the beta and she said she wants to get the game but I am very wary about the lack of content and some of the other decisions Bungie is making.

jakncoke

Banned
Man.. so pissed atm. Garbage wasnt even ours, it was the neighbors. Fuckers. Lock your shit up. I now know they like booze a lot now too though(about 5 jameson bottles and Smirnoff vodka bottles) and they throw change away. About 2 dollars in change. Picking up garbage from my yard thats my neighbors because of a bear on top of all the events that taken place over the past 2 years or so. Can my life get lower, may as well go to doctor see if I got cancer or something only way it could get worse aside from more fam passing.

cajunator

Banned
I'm in Orange County, truth be told, I have never seen a structure fire in my time of living here. Brush fires yeah, but not an actual building on fire.

cajun, I fuckin hate durian. I actually hate most Asian fruits. Logan, lychee, durian, all that stuff taste like crap to me.

Awww. I love some asian fruits. Durian, lyechee, loquat, mangosteen, rambutan, longan, mango, asian pear so gooood

Drew Brees ‏@drewbrees 2h
On Friday I said I thought I could play til age 45. I have been “randomly” selected for drug tests the last 2 days. What’s up with that! Lol

06h5FxC.png

LOL. He wont play till hes 45. Maybe 40. It will be several more years.

Man.. so pissed atm. Garbage wasnt even ours, it was the neighbors. Fuckers. Lock your shit up. I now know they like booze a lot now too though(about 5 jameson bottles and Smirnoff vodka bottles) and they throw change away. About 2 dollars in change. Picking up garbage from my yard thats my neighbors because of a bear on top of all the events that taken place over the past 2 years or so. Can my life get lower, may as well go to doctor see if I got cancer or something only way it could get worse aside from more fam passing.
Hey at least you found some money

jakncoke

Banned
Awww. I love some asian fruits. Durian, lyechee, loquat, mangosteen, rambutan, longan, mango, asian pear so gooood

LOL. He wont play till hes 45. Maybe 40. It will be several more years.

How bad does durian really smell. Always see people on yt nearly puke as they smell it.

cajunator

Banned
How bad does durian really smell. Always see people on yt nearly puke as they smell it.

I think it depends on a person's chemical make up because some people interpret the smell as gym socks or garbage but actually its just a really strong pungent fruity smell. To me it actually smells fairly good.

I call this early manipulation by the league to justify moving the team over there in a year or two. How convenient this increase in popularity is happening to only the Jaguars.
The Jaguars are not moving anywhere. I could see them agreeing to playing one home game a year in London beyond the next 3 years.

GQman2121

Banned
I call this early manipulation by the league to justify moving the team over there in a year or two. How convenient this increase in popularity is happening to only the Jaguars.

It likely has more to do with the fact that Jags owner, Shad Khan, also owns Fulham FC in West London. Though if a club were to be relocated, I can't think of a better candidate than Jacksonville. So maybe you're on to something.

jakncoke

Banned
The new lease signed in like 2012 that extends till i think 2025 made it pretty costly to move. Unless they got through a loop hole that cancelled the move fee if they lose money for a year or 2 in a row which is basically impossible for a nfl team and something else that i cant recall

RBH

Gata's on the far left, Gata's cousin is on the far right.

Poor Gata. When it seems like he's close to finally knocking down them sugar walls, his asshole male cousins had to come in and cockblock him.

Maybe they're down for sharing like Gata is?

What's the story behind Gata's cousin?

Top Bottom