• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

ed: Happy Birthday TheBatman!

HNh5t3X.jpg

Suh in shape to impress the next team he'll be on when the Lions inevitably cut him in the offseason rather than cut everybody else to pay him.

You would think that people would eventually realize that, but they never do.

The sole purpose of that show is to rile people up and get them talking. They don't care if people are just talking about it to shit on it, they're still watching and giving them views.

Don't like the content, watch something else.

ESPN is just following the FOX model of saying stupid shit, get views.

Yay lets celebrate over hyped nostalgic glassed games because of nerd rage at another corporation!

2K5 was great, I had that and Madden and they both got significant playing time depending on what mood I was in at the time or which friends were over at mine.

The passing game always sucked though, even back when the game was new. The blocking and inside runs were where the game shone and if there were three or four of us then we always played 2K3 over Madden because it was so much better playing 2 v 2. The ability to control linemen and run around cut blocking defenders to clear room for your mate was awesome.

Madden 2005 was a better game.

jakncoke

Banned
2K5 was great, I had that and Madden and they both got significant playing time depending on what mood I was in at the time or which friends were over at mine.

The passing game always sucked though, even back when the game was new. The blocking and inside runs were where the game shone and if there were three or four of us then we always played 2K3 over Madden because it was so much better playing 2 v 2. The ability to control linemen and run around cut blocking defenders to clear room for your mate was awesome.

Madden 2005 was a better game.

Its going to be funny in like 2024 people will be begging for 2k to make another football game

Also happy bday degenerate browns fan. are you a massive old like the rest?

Man, watching the Lions Q&As from camp today and it has become even more clear of how big of a fuck up Jim Schwartz was. The players are being polite but you can tell that they're glad to have some accountability again. Schwartz didn't give a shit about turnovers or lazy play - his focus was on winning at any cost. The problem was that the turnovers and lazy play made winning nigh impossible, yet he never "got" that.

Stafford was never taken to task under Schwartz after his rookie season. No one said anything to Suh about his dirty play harming the team. I realize Caldwell is not the greatest coach, but the fact that everyone has said that he's charting mistakes/turnovers, treating everyone the same, being hard on Stafford, etc has me excited.

I'm not going to claim Stafford will throw for 6k yards and 60 TDs. But if he can put things together, we have the weapons to be good. If not, we're going to suck. Our secondary and defense was way worse in 2011 when we won 10 games and went to the playoffs....but we 10 games and went to the playoffs due to Stafford having an insane season. Everything is on his shoulders. Am I doubtful of him? Sure. But he has good teachers and great weapons...if he can't put it together he's a fuck up who will never do anything of worth in the NFL.

squicken

@DanHellie Jerry Jones: It was a hard decision not to draft Manziel and it's probably one I will think about for the rest of my career

Would've been awesome. Now he's with the whiny ass Browns who get all bent out of shape over a little rolled bill

Syrinx

Overcoverage of Manziel is bad enough as is; him on the Cowboys would only have increased that tenfold. Would have been too much for me to handle.

ShaneB

Of course pm me your email

If you still a spot eventually, maybe I'll join. Having never played before, I'll probably be overwhelmed just being in the Stafford is Fat league, but couldn't hurt to join another if needed I suppose.

Think I'm going to quit my Madden league. I'm tired of being angry all the time.

And there was just some loud as hell thunder. Dang.

If you still a spot eventually, maybe I'll join. Having never played before, I'll probably be overwhelmed just being in the Stafford is Fat league, but couldn't hurt to join another if needed I suppose.

Think I'm going to quit my Madden league. I'm tired of being angry all the time.

And there was just some loud as hell thunder. Dang.

Hey no worries there are a few first timers in my league already and I'm not an expert my any means. I'll save you a spot and once I get a full league I'll check with you if you want to take the final spot.

ShaneB

Hey no worries there are a few first timers in my league already and I'm not an expert my any means. I'll save you a spot and once I get a full league I'll check with you if you want to take the final spot.

Sounds good to me, would appreciate a spot being held just in case, but no worries either way!

Top Bottom