• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their dire needs are WR, FS & TE, and I'd argue CB & OLB. I wouldn't be shocked to seem them move on from Hali and Flowers after next season.

CB, FS, TE, and WR, in that order.

Yes, we need good wideouts, but our gameplan works with a more limited toolset (so long as Charles stays healthy). Our secondary needs a lot of help.

Striker

Maybe it's just me, but I feel they've done a super bad job of getting Cam weapons besides Olsen.
Their cap is roped by the DE and RB positions. The previous regime's contract on Stewart is killing them now and they have two DE's making a boatload.

Trying to find out more about who the Giants are keying in on and possibly signing at 4:01. I keep seeing EDS and Geoff Schwartz.

Brendan Leister ‏@BrendanLeister 2m
DQJ: 42nd out of 55. RT @ConradKazNBA: Karlos Dansby was the 5th ranked ILB by @PFF last year. DQ Jackson was 37th. That seems significant.

Fox318

Their cap is roped by the DE and RB positions. The previous regime's contract on Stewart is killing them now and they have two DE's making a boatload.

Trying to find out more about who the Giants are keying in on and possibly signing at 4:01. I keep seeing EDS and Geoff Schwartz.

Panthers had the strategy to pay RB top dollar and never use them.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, don't get your hopes up on Sammy. He posted a Bucs one a week or so ago. I think there fan submissions he's just retweeting.

I saw the Bucs one but this is the second Lions one and I know he`d rather be in Detroit. A trade up to the Raiders at #5 could work out like Mackenzie said if you guys pass up on him.

Also Titanfall looks awesome, but fuck it I`m playing Dark Souls II right now. And I can indeed confirm it is Dark Souls and it is awesome.

Carolina looks in such bad shape. I know it is just March but it seems so unlikely they can patch enough of the holes to get back to 10 wins this year

They overachieved IMO to get to 12 last year. I predicted before the season that they would be 7-9 at best based off of the talent they had compared to their schedule. But I didn't see the Falcons falling out of the sky, Tampa Bay staying bad, and the Panthers suddenly winning every close game. I'll gladly take that L.

I think we would have seen a regression back to the mean even if they had brought the same team back, but it looks like they're going to lose their starting RT, possibly both of their RGs, all of their WRs, their starting FS, and their only good cornerback. We could see a precipitous fall.

But this is Gettleman playing the long game. He would rather take 1-2 faux rebuilding years and build a team that can last around Cam, Kuechly, Hardy, Lotulelei.

Before FA officially starts, how's TitanFall? For xbox owners

So so good. It is such a fun and fresh game. The way you move around the environment is so well done. I also love taking down titans as a pilot. Burn cards are such an improvement over kill streaks, hopefully more games will copy that system. All games need to add the auto-run for sure. I really cant recommend it enough, even if you dont have an XB1 get it on PC.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1m

When the #Browns reach a deal with Donte Whitner, I’m told it’s expected to be four years for an average of $7M per year.
Should set the market for safeties right off the bat.

"There's definitely some good news coming out of Alameda today...but I'm not gonna spoil it..." -Marcel Reece

I think Houston is gonna re-sign. His market seems to have died down.

How much longer are they stuck with Stewart and Williams?

Running back signings should be interesting.

So so good. It is such a fun and fresh game. The way you move around the environment is so well done. I also love taking down titans as a pilot. Burn cards are such an improvement over kill streaks, hopefully more games will copy that system. All games need to add the auto-run for sure. I really cant recommend it enough, even if you dont have an XB1 get it on PC.
Don't have a PC to run it, wish it was on ps4 -_-..... Oh well, infamous soon!

You could wait and see what happens with the 360 version.
That's what I'm doing. No time to play it right now with Dark Souls II plus I don't have a XBO or capable PC, and this game alone isn't enough to convince me on a XBO. I wish they would hurry up and show the 360 version.

My impressions from what I've seen are that it'll be a fun CoD-ish style game with some interesting wrinkles but not quite top-tier for me, as I generally prefer FPS that are a little more objective and class-based like KZ and BF. I also think random spawns are generally a negative.

Teams are desperate for safeties plus he is a hard hitter which is even harder to find.
Whitners pretty similar to Ward, and for a cheaper price. Wards probably a better run stopper but Whitners better at Pass protection, and whitners had a healthy career so far.
You could wait and see what happens with the 360 version.
I've got a beef with the xbox division of Microsoft I won't go in to :lol

squicken

But this is Gettleman playing the long game. He would rather take 1-2 faux rebuilding years and build a team that can last around Cam, Kuechly, Hardy, Lotulelei.

It's the right idea, just sucks to go through the dig out years. Houston is doing a similar thing. Lots of holes and not enough picks or money to patch all of them. Dallas and maybe Pittsburgh will have a Raiders situation soon where they have to waste two years just getting out of the bad deals

But CAR's schedule should be a littler easier, and NOLA seems like they might take a step back too. At least it is a good WR and OT draft

Colasante

I think DeMarcus Ware to the Broncos makes a ton of sense. Won't necessarily get top dollar, but he'd be a beast opposite Von Miller and would have his first shot at a ring.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Byrd to the Eagles always seemed like the right fit. Fills a huge need and we have the cap space to do it. Would let us take the best value in the first round during the draft instead of almost having to go Safety.

fairly-odd-parents.jpg

Happy New League Year!

Redskins update:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 43s

The Redskins have re-signed WR Santana Moss. One year deal.

Dansby deal is done:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 33s

Former Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby reached agreement on a 4-yr, $24M deal including $14M gtd with Cleveland, per ESPN sources.

Fox318

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5s
Former Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby reached agreement on a 4-yr, $24M deal including $14M gtd with Cleveland, per ESPN sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom