• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

I decided to buy my younger brother Dark Souls II for his birthday, which isn't until Mid April. I decided to take the day off of work because I had to run the job site without my pops for a week due to a family emergency. Thought I could do it but it was a lot harder than I had imagined.

However tomorrow I go back to the grind of things and helping take over the construction business. For today though I'm buying my younger brother Dark Souls II and watch him play. I think this is the first time we've ever done that. As an older brother from the SNES/Super Mario World bundle and forward I would always play the game first and he would watch. Now we're in our mid 20's both hyped as fuck for DSII and I going to watch him play it instead.

/livejournal

Good post Kas =) My brother and I never really bond over much, but it was fun to be home for Christmas and at least play some Madden with him. I always like the posts where Fathers talk about gaming with their sons too.

Dark Souls II just got picked up. There is no manual in the regular version of the game. I can't tell you how much this shit pisses me off. Demons Souls had a nice, long color manual. Dark Souls I had a nice sized manual.

I can understand a game like Madden not needing a manual but an RPG as deep and complex as DSII, AND I spend $60? Bullshit. We picked it up at Gamestop if that makes a difference, but it was in shrinkwrap as I always demand when I buy a new game.

Hey, there’s a reason the thread is already at like 8k posts or something!

FA!
ibogJ2oD1ne6eO.gif
Only the best fans tailgate FA! Browns fans!

As long as we quit treating the position like Bestbuy treats their holiday employees, then I'm fine with that.
They've been treating the whole group like Best Buy employees since Rodgers has been QB.

If they can get a solid C, next year will be the best squad he's had in forever. On paper, at least.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
Would be really surprised if #Redskins were in on Jairus Byrd, from what I’m hearing. We’ll see his market. Return to Bills still possible

Wait, what? Going back to the Bills sounds totally nuts.

MechDX

Patriots and WR Julian Edelman were unable to reach a deal today and he will test the market.

--schefter

patssouth

squicken

Back to the days of Florio being the most up to date place with news

Still, the thinking is that the Raiders don’t regard Veldheer as a top left tackle. One league source told PFT the Raiders believe he’s better suited to the right side.

As to defensive end Lamarr Houston (pictured), they can’t justify paying $7 million or more to a defensive end who is regarded more as a run-stuffer than a pass-rusher.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

TheFatOne

Edelman turning down the offer isn't a surprise. Why not test free agency since you might only get 1 or two chances at it. Pats don't have a choice, and they have to resign him. If they don't it's going to be a long season offensively even with a healthy Gronk.

Trey

It would definitely be surprising. I wonder if the Bills offere is even on the table? Didnt they give money to the other safety they had becasue they didnt sign Bryd?

Offer is still stranding. Both the Bills and Byrd's camp said that "the door is still open."

I still think he walks.

Not surprising. Eagles screwed up the market outbidding themselves on Cooper. It's autmatic any decent WR wants 6+ M.

How could they know what the market would have been. There has never been an overt racist like him. The Pats fanbase might have forced the team to overpay for a guy that fits their beliefs so closely.

squicken

Good for Edelman. Patriots can keep winning that offseason value shopper belt while they waste another year of Brady's prime

Colasante

Edelman turning down the offer isn't a surprise. Why not test free agency since you might only get 1 or two chances at it. Pats don't have a choice, and they have to resign him. If they don't it's going to be a long season offensively even with a healthy Gronk.

Welker left, everyone freaked out, Edelman stepped up. If Edelman leaves, everyone will freak out, then someone else will step up. I'm not worried.

TheFatOne

Good for Edelman. Patriots can keep winning that offseason value shopper belt while they waste another year of Brady's prime

Don't think it's going to come to that. Pats don't have a choice. They have to resign him and Talib. Anything less is a complete failure this offseason.
Welker left, everyone freaked out, Edelman stepped up. If Edelman leaves, everyone will freak out, then someone else will step up. I'm not worried.

Not that simple. They got incredibly lucky with Edelman. Who's going to replace him? Amendola,Dobson, Thompkins? None of those guys can do it as of right now. The chances that Amendola make it through one full season is slim, and the other two guys have a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom