• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

If you morons ruin this page I will gata you and won't even care to hide it like he does

ibbANxhLHtSkSv.gif

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nito-im-100-percent-into-playing-for-raiders/

Incognito recently got out of treatment for mental health issues and told Michael Silver of NFL.com that he’s open to the idea of continuing his NFL career in Oakland.

“I’m 100 percent into that,” Incognito said. “I think that would fit my personality the best. It makes so much sense. I know [offensive coordinator Greg] Olson and [offensive line coach Tony] Sparano, and I’m a loyal guy, and I’d love to play for them again. And, of course, the Raiders have that aura.”

Oh damn! Incognito and Antonio Smith on the same team......it would be the most awesome thing ever!

tmdorsey

Those three plus Watkins are the 4 best non-QBs. Mathews is a notch below but close. If teams pass on the QBs in the top 5, or trade down, those guys could all be gone. I would expect at least Mathews to be there, but those other 3, very unlikely

That's what I'm thinking and am afraid of. I don't think I'm gonna be happy if we don't get one of the top pass rushers in this draft or Robinson.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 1m
.@josephperson confirms CB Antoine Cason will visit with the Panthers tonight

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 13m
Next up for #Panthers in free agency, CB Antoine Cason and WR Tiquan Underwood. Just Google them.

Getts doing thangs

Ri19q.gif

That's what I'm thinking and am afraid of. I don't think I'm gonna be happy if we don't get one of the top pass rushers in this draft or Robinson.

I think we'll try our best to land either Robinson or Mack. With the moves we made, I don't see us going after Clowney unless the staff believes that he'll be fine standing up.

MechDX

Next up for #Panthers in free agency, CB Antoine Cason and WR Tiquan Underwood. Just Google them.

Getts doing thangs

http://i.imgur.com/Ri19q.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

[quote]Joe Person ‏@josephperson · 4m
Panthers WR bonanza continues: former Texans wideout Lestar Jean visiting/working out w/ CAR tonight and tomorrow, per league source.

[/quote]

Lestar!! Good speed, great size....just drops a lot of balls.

tmdorsey

I think we'll try our best to land either Robinson or Mack. With the moves we made, I don't see us going after Clowney unless the staff believes that he'll be fine standing up.

I hope you're right and go for Robinson instead of Matthews. Eventhough Matthews is supposed to be the better pass blocker, I like what Robinson could bring for helping the run and screen game.

Getts doing thangs

What does the signing of Crotchery mean for McNutt his stats next season? I already decided that I was gonna draft him in the Shirtless League. Cam going elite next season.

What does the signing of Crotchery mean for McNutt his stats next season? I already decided that I was gonna draft him in the Shirtless League. Cam going elite next season.

I know you are joking but I expect Mcnutt to have a really good season next year. I was sad when the Eagles let him go, he has a ton of talent.

Only enhances them. Cotchery will take Jerry Rice Jr. under his wing and teach him the ways of the game. Liken it to Yoda teaching Luke.

At this point, I would project 1700 YDS/ 13 TDS for JRJ

Grover caught the :kas virus.

RIP in piece Grover.

Derek Anderson + Stewart/Williams/Tolbert + Jerry Rice Jr. + Steve Smith Jr. + Better Brandon Lafell + White Tony Gonzalez + Black Yoda= Championship

That's not even considering that we have not one, but two of the best defensive ends in the game, THE best MLB, and a kicker who doesn't miss.

Restore the Roar 2014

Tenumi

Banned
At this point, I don't even have a clue where the Lions will go with their pic. Only positions that I can say they won't draft at #10 with any sort of confidence are Tight End, Kicker, and Punter.

Hoping for a safety, all honesty.

We should trade Greg Little to the Panthers. Would be less of a disaster than that last page.

Wes, you got Emma Watson her number for me?

Only enhances them. Cotchery will take Jerry Rice Jr. under his wing and teach him the ways of the game. Liken it to Yoda teaching Luke.

At this point, I would project 1700 YDS/ 13 TDS for JRJ

Gotta take Gronk in the first, hope he's there in the second round. Probably a long shot.

harSon

Banned
What the hell are the Steelers doing? We're going into the off-season with Wheaton as our #2 receiver? It's not like it would have cost a ton to keep Cotchery, unless he just didn't want to stay with Pittsburgh. Restructure some contracts, extend people like Ben/Worilds/Timmons, and fill some fucking holes. We're basically forced to take a WR in the first round at this point, unless we're content with Wheaton and Moyes.

squicken

Raiders want Schoob

General manager Reggie McKenzie has a "really good idea" who his next quarterback will be, but he's not giving away any hints.

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver may have just cracked that code.

The Raiders want Schaub, Silver noted on Thursday. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport had previously reported that the Houston Texans quarterback is on McKenzie's radar.

Schaub is being shopped by the Texans, per Rapoport, but interested teams such as the Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New York Jets are not likely to take action until he's released.

Around The League's Marc Sessler recently sent Schaub to Oakland as one of the best remaining fits in free agency. If Schaub ends up reuniting with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan in Cleveland, though, McKenzie could turn to Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez.

Texans and Jets should just swap QBs

Phew, Allen is still "mulling" the chickens offer. He stated previously that he wanted a deal that reflected his value, multiple years and was perfectly willing to retire if he couldn't get it. Hopefully he holds true to this as I'm sure SEA gave him a low offer and are just trying to woo him with contention for a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom