• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 1m
.@josephperson confirms CB Antoine Cason will visit with the Panthers tonight

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 13m
Next up for #Panthers in free agency, CB Antoine Cason and WR Tiquan Underwood. Just Google them.

Getts doing thangs

Ri19q.gif

Sarcasm, right? :\ Cason has sucked for years and Underwood is barely worth mentioning. :x

MechDX

Keep going grover! If you don't believe that your team will win it all in March then you are not a true fan. Don't give me that nonsense "Im a realist", "I don't want to set myself up for disappointment" bullshit.

You either believe in your team or you don't but you have the definition of fan all wrong.

Panthers vs Texans Super Bowl!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Gata: You spend all this time acting tough and standing up to everyone, but you gotta realize none of it matters.

Besides, everyone is giving you a perfect out once Brady gets too old to play and the Pats collapse, while Gus Bradley is turning the Jags into a contender!

Gata: You spend all this time acting tough and standing up to everyone, but you gotta realize none of it matters.

Besides, everyone is giving you a perfect out once Brady gets too old to play and the Pats collapse, while Gus Bradley is turning the Jags into a contender!
I cannot let these savages slander the good name of the Patriots.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets trying to get Desean? Sweet. Easily worth a first rounder but it seems like the Eagles are desperate to get rid of him for whatever reason so haggle on their asses.

Jericho Cotchery Contract

Total: 5 YR/ $8.015M

Breakdown:
$2.25M signing bonus, prorated over five years = $450K per year.

2014: $1.25M + $450K = $1.7M cap hit

2015: $1.45M +$450L = $1.9M cap hit

Note: Years 2016-18 are voidable years. Meaning, yeah... he wont be with the team.

2016: $1M + $450K = $1.45M cap hit

2017: $1M + $450K = $1.45M cap hit

2018: $1M + $450K = $1.45M cap hit

squicken

At his peak, Schoob was better than Fitzy. But right now, I'd rather have Fitz. This lets them draft Bortles and not have to hurry and start him

MechDX

At his peak, Schoob was better than Fitzy. But right now, I'd rather have Fitz. This lets them draft Bortles and not have to hurry and start him

PDS Texans blogger seems to believe this is just the beginning of changes. Weird if true and they waited so long

squicken

PDS Texans blogger seems to believe this is just the beginning of changes. Weird if true and they waited so long

Sanchez has a roster bonus due on the 25th. I think his release is a domino that needs to fall for the Texans to trade Schoob. Once Sanchez is gone, and with Fitz off the market, Schoob is the last "bridge" QB left. The Texans can wait with Schaub, even if they kind of screw him over in the process

MechDX

Sanchez has a roster bonus due on the 25th. I think his release is a domino that needs to fall for the Texans to trade Schoob. Once Sanchez is gone, and with Fitz off the market, Schoob is the last "bridge" QB left. The Texans can wait with Schaub, even if they kind of screw him over in the process
I think its the trigger and a trade is in place already after McKenzies comments yesterday,

tumblr_m2c6w33gk91rtdslpo1_400.jpg

460x.jpg

So it is written,
So it shall be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom