• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
christian-ponder.jpg

nicholascagelaughing.gif

MechDX

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags · 14m
1 am on the east coast and phone is buzzing. Few men/women in any of the league's 32 front offices are sleeping tonight.

Happy New League Year eve!

I've had the Pinnacle whipped and chocolate whipped, so it was only right that I have pumpkin pie

the owner of the bar hated everyone, but it happened

Whenever someone at the bar offers to buy a drink for everyone I always tell the bartender to take the cost of the drink and take that as a tip. If I dont know the guy of course.

If you are a regular you can bet you will be reaping way more benefits down the line compared to a single drink.

Greg

Whenever someone at the bar offers to buy a drink for everyone I always tell the bartender to take the cost of the drink and take that as a tip. If I dont know the guy of course.

If you are a regular you can bet you will be reaping way more benefits down the line compared to a single drink.
everyone paid for their own shit, I just convinced them to drink it

I expect a cut the next time I see him!

Hartt951

T-minus 14 hours ladies and gentleman.

We have absolutely no money to do anything this free agency, but I am so happy to finally have some resemblance of NFL excitement again.

Would love to see Byrd with Denver but I think his price might be too high for us. I haven't heard much buzz on Decker, which is odd.

Hammer24

Banned
Oh my, I really hope Lovie has a good backup plan. All the other CB´s on our roster sucked donkey balls last season.

squicken

Colts would be a good spot for Decker. He can be a good compliment there w/Hilton and Wayne and hopefully Allen. Nicks should take the minimum and go to Denver, and actually get in shape and try

ATL Podcast was talking about Verner being a big NYC guy. Likes the culture of the city. Loves Broadway. Seems like he might take less to play for the Giants or Jets, Really hope the Rams don't sign him. Doesn't sound like a guy who would be happy in STL. Would always want to be somewhere else

Wes

venison crêpe
OBR says Dexter McCluster has started following the Browns on twitter. Isn't following another team. Whitner also following us.

I like McCluster. Wouldn't be unhappy with picking him up at all.

Spades

I'm pretty happy with signing Delmas - he's a big hitter. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Excited to see who else Miami bring in considering the cap space we've got.

Tom Penny

Colts would be a good spot for Decker. He can be a good compliment there w/Hilton and Wayne and hopefully Allen. Nicks should take the minimum and go to Denver, and actually get in shape and try

ATL Podcast was talking about Verner being a big NYC guy. Likes the culture of the city. Loves Broadway. Seems like he might take less to play for the Giants or Jets, Really hope the Rams don't sign him. Doesn't sound like a guy who would be happy in STL. Would always want to be somewhere else

Nicks don't seem like a league min taker to me as most players aren't.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
OBR says Dexter McCluster has started following the Browns on twitter. Isn't following another team. Whitner also following us.

Now talks we're in serious for Karlos Dansby as well.

Crisco

Banned
QCsportsreport
‏@QCsportsreport
Told that Steve had a goodbye dinner at Jerry's, will be cut 2morrow. Likely will go to Tampa, Baltimore, New England or Philly. @Panthers

Naw

Hell naw

Hell muthafuckin naw

Just fucking shoot me now

Welp, time to the run the triple option with Cam, Williams, and Stewart Tolbert! But seriously, this had to happen even it was not the right way to do it. Like the Beason deal, it was about clearing cap in 2015, we're still pretty fucked for this year. Undoing Hurney's damange one bad contract at a time.

gutshot

@AdamSchefter said:
Two teams to watch on CB Darrelle Revis once Tampa releases him: Philadelphia and New England (Jets fans shudder).

Wow. I would be surprised if the Eagles get Revis. But I'll take him!

Wes

venison crêpe
Wow. I would be surprised if the Eagles get Revis. But I'll take him!

@Jeff_McLane 5m
#Eagles won't trade for Darrelle Revis unless it's peanuts. Would look into signing him off market, but agents very difficult to deal with.

gutshot

@Jeff_McLane 5m
#Eagles won't trade for Darrelle Revis unless it's peanuts. Would look into signing him off market, but agents very difficult to deal with.

Yeah, there's no way they trade for him. No one will, not with his current contract. Everyone is just going to wait until he is released and then the bidding will start.

Well we have to get someone at ILB! He's getting on a bit but good for a stop gap for two years do you think?
Dansby is a solid player, he would probably be a great stop gap for you guys. He is getting older but his performance was still superb last season so even if he declines a bit he should still have a few respectable seasons left in the tank. Great instincts, particularly against the run.

KingGondo

Banned

Now talks we're in serious for Karlos Dansby as well.
Cleveland is a free agency destination!

I'm honestly fine with them signing Schaub as well. If you look at his numbers, last year appears to be a pretty big aberration. Sure, it's entirely possible that he's simply on the backside of his career. But he'll still probably be better than any QB the Browns have had since Anderson's fluke season.

On a related note, I am not on the Hoyer bandwagon. I'm convinced the hardcore fans love him just because he's from Cleveland.

jbug617

Banned
@AdamSchefter: Two teams to watch on CB Darrelle Revis once Tampa releases him: Philadelphia and New England (Jets fans shudder).

I wonder what happen to the supposedly close deal for Talib the Pats had.

jbug617

Banned
Fox they can extend Vince to bring his number down, cut Conolly and Soapaoga to free up more money

Right now the Pats are at $14.94 million in cap space

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Well we have to get someone at ILB! He's getting on a bit but good for a stop gap for two years do you think?

Yup I still think if possible we end up drafting someone who Dansby could mentor if we do sign him for a few years.

Cleveland is a free agency destination!

I'm honestly fine with them signing Schaub as well. If you look at his numbers, last year appears to be a pretty big aberration. Sure, it's entirely possible that he's simply on the backside of his career. But he'll still probably be better than any QB the Browns have had since Anderson's fluke season.

On a related note, I am not on the Hoyer bandwagon. I'm convinced the hardcore fans love him just because he's from Cleveland.

Yeah the fans do love him because he's from Cleveland but also that he actually looked credible in the few games he played.

Only reason I don't want Schaub is because I'm not sure I can take Mech's trolling all off season.

Wes

venison crêpe
Yup I still think if possible we end up drafting someone who Dansby could mentor if we do sign him for a few years.

Yeah that would be ideal I agree. Things are looking up!

Also, this shit should begin at 4pm GMT. come on already.

Wes

venison crêpe
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
As of this AM's league cap report, most room: 1. Oak $59.9M, 2. Cle $49.0M, 3. Jax $46.6M, 4. Jets $39.5M, 5. Min $38.4M

And the five teams tightest to the cap: 1) Dallas $1.9M; 2) Pittsburgh $2.3M; 3) New Orleans $2.4M; 4) Detroit $7.5M; 5) Chicago $7.9M.

Patriots are, officially, at $14.94 million.

Two things ... 1) Some deals/cuts not filed, so they're not counted in. 2) I'm not arguing the numbers. Those are the official ones.

squicken

I think cutting Smith is more than just money. Rivera and Gettlemen are doing what Ozzie and Worstbaugh did with Ed Reed last year. Their team and locker room, and Smith isn't worth the headaches any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom