• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, dawg. The shit he said was pretty fucked. Basically a Bachman-level talking point.

I didnt even understand his point. Muslim's say Allah Akbar before they kill someone so that is bad, but Christians dont say they are good? tons of religious people will say things like "may god have mercy on your soul" before executing someone, I dont get the distinction. His whole premise seems faulty to me.

Talon

I didnt even understand his point. Muslim's say Allah Akbar before they kill someone so that is bad, but Christians dont say they are good? tons of religious people will say things like "may god have mercy on your soul" before executing someone, I dont get the distinction. His whole premise seems faulty to me.
There's nothing to understand. Homeboy was just being ignorant.

Former NFL Scout Greg Gabriel says Lewan and Ebron won't be there for the Giants at 12. He has them taking Mike Evans.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/3/2...t-giants-taylor-lewan-eric-ebron-aaron-donald

"He won't get to the Giants," Gabriel said. "The guy is a top 10 tackle. He's better than the guy who went first in the draft last year [Eric Fisher], so why is he gonna go below 10 in the draft this year? It's not gonna happen."

"Realistic [that the Giants would select him] if he gets there. I don't think he gets there."

In the past two decades only four tight ends have been selected higher than 12th overall, and the average for the first tight end off the board is pick No. 25.

"The game has changed, so you've gotta almost throw that stat out. People are looking for the big, athletic tight end that's a difference-maker as far as being able to play in space," Gabriel said.

"They're big wide receivers and they create mismatch problems. That's what Ebron does, but on top of that he can block at the ‘enough' level. He's not a great blocker, but he's not a push. He's gonna give you something. He's not a conventional ‘Y' tight end blocker, but he's good enough to get the job done."

Wanna watch my guy, but don't know if I can handle all the espn Programing
Gordon to spend the day with ESPN

By Pat McManamon | March 27, 2014 8:30:35 AM PDT
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon will run the ESPN gauntlet on Thursday, as he spends the entire day bouncing from show to podcast to show on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN Radio and ESPN.com.

His day starts at 10:20 a.m. and ends after 4 p.m., with one break for lunch. The "car wash" experience for the Browns young and promising receiver is "about as busy a schedule as you could imagine for a visiting athlete," Bill Hofheimer, ESPN's senior director of communications, wrote in an email. Gordon will be on "SportsCenter" multiple times, do three podcasts and one online chat and take part in two radio interviews. And that's just part of the day.

The entire schedule breaks down this way in case anyone wishes to tune in at a certain point:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=cleveland-browns&id=4787&src=desktop

Talon

I mean, I would love for a division rival to waste a draft pick on a TE in the top 10, but I can't see it. That would be hilariously daft.

bionic77

Look at his Lions posts. Dude never had his head on straight to begin with.
He is obviously planning to kill someone (probably a Muslim child based on his post history).

He will then use his posts about the Lions and Fatford as evidence in support of his insanity defense. And I think that is going to be a strong defense.

Pretty diabolical plan.

Seriously awesome!
I am an anti-Patriot bigot for sure. I am completely and totally intolerant of the belief that they are acceptable to cheer for or admire.

He is obviously planning to kill someone (probably a Muslim child based on his post history).

He will then use his posts about the Lions and Fatford as evidence in support of his insanity defense. And I think that is going to be a strong defense.

Pretty diabolical plan.
hahahaha

Okay, that one got me.

I Don't see a TE as a waste in top 10, if you need offensive weapons why not take a player that can cause great mismatches and is a great pass catcher. Guys like jimmy and Gronk have huge impacts on games.1000 plus yds and multiple tds a year? I'll take that. I think a lot of people still have old concepts of what a TE can be for a offense.

Dragon

Banned

Kas seems like a nice guy when he isn't in kas mode so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he just got confused and typed the wrong thing. Because what he typed is pretty damn bigoted.

LJ11

I mean, I would love for a division rival to waste a draft pick on a TE in the top 10, but I can't see it. That would be hilariously daft.

Why?

Look at all the picks "wasted" on LT in the top 10. Are any of those guys difference makers? Are they winning you ball games consistently?

I Don't see a TE as a waste in top 10, if you need offensive weapons why not take a player that can cause great mismatches and is a great pass catcher. Guys like jimmy and Gronk have huge impacts on games.1000 plus yds and multiple tds a year? I'll take that. I think a lot of people still have old concepts of what a TE can be for a offense.

Not everyone is Jimmy or Gronk, but I agree with you. The retort will be, well Jimmy and Gronk weren't top 10 selection, well whose fault is that? Failure of scouting? Failure of old school FOs placing "value" ahead of skill with regards to certain positions? I mean we all know these old school guys hate taking LBs, even though a rangy LB gives you a tremendous advantage on the field, as does a rangy FS.

I won't dismiss any position in the top 10, I want guys that can make a difference/impact/give me a numbers advantage, who doesn't. If we look at receivers that score in the redzone, more often than not it's the big tall physical guys who can go up and get it. Bigger receivers statistically have a larger impact on the game because they score more.

Wes

venison crêpe
@mortreport 8m

Johnny Manziel plans provide a little twist to his Pro Day for NFL eyes: He will wear helmet and shoulder pads when he throws.

squicken

I don't either. Vernon Davis isn't a wasted pick. Winslow was but he was a bad pick at any slot. That said, I doubt Ebron goes in the top 10, but it could happen depending on Lewan's off field stuff and the QBs

bionic77

You guys must not know Kas in political threads. He's very AM talk radio.
Political threads are garbage.

Not surprised that an AM radio guy is a bigot. Not surprised that he is stupid either. He is probably poor and concerned about welfare for blacks, and taxes on the rich while he lives off of Social Security Disability for a fake injury.

I would take Gronk first overall if I could.

#GRONKGRONK #JackedCentral

@mortreport 8m

Johnny Manziel plans provide a little twist to his Pro Day for NFL eyes: He will wear helmet and shoulder pads when he throws.

There is a thread for this, Wes. Come on.

I think it all depends on the player. How easy is it to look at a guy and say for sure that he'll be the next Jimmy Graham or (excuse the rarity of this) healthy Gronk (RIP)? But yeah, I'm with you. A top 5 TE is probably as valuable as a top 5 WR these days. They can be TD machines, especially in the red zone.

Dragon

Banned
Political threads are garbage.

Not surprised that an AM radio guy is a bigot. Not surprised that he is stupid either. He is probably poor and concerned about welfare for blacks, and taxes on the rich while he lives off of Social Security Disability for a fake injury.

I knew a guy who complained about people who lived on welfare and cheated the system and social systems in general. Then he collected unemployment and I laughed at him.

Good Morning yall

It's one day from Friday, which means its one day from Dancing Time!

mickael-pietrus-dancing1.gif

Narag

You guys must not know Kas in political threads. He's very AM talk radio.

Always weird to see a community member in a different light when other opinions come out. Kinda like when tndorsey (I think) started wearing his John rocker for president avatar.

Why?

Look at all the picks "wasted" on LT in the top 10. Are any of those guys difference makers? Are they winning you ball games consistently?

Not everyone is Jimmy or Gronk, but I agree with you. The retort will be, well Jimmy and Gronk weren't top 10 selection, well whose fault is that? Failure of scouting? Failure of old school FOs placing "value" ahead of skill with regards to certain positions? I mean we all know these old school guys hate taking LBs, even though a rangy LB gives you a tremendous advantage on the field, as does a rangy FS.

I won't dismiss any position in the top 10, I want guys that can make a difference/impact/give me a numbers advantage, who doesn't. If we look at receivers that score in the redzone, more often than not it's the big tall physical guys who can go up and get it. Bigger receivers statistically have a larger impact on the game because they score more.
I'm not against a Tight End being a top 10 or 5 talent, i'm wary of Ebron being that top 10 guy. Particularly in a draft where there are seemingly no shortage of game changing athletes to go around. Ebron is a weak blocker, and hasn't impressed with his frequent drops. That's a big risk for a top 10 pick for me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Always weird to see a community member in a different light when other opinions come out. Kinda like when tndorsey (I think) started wearing his John rocker for president avatar.

Just imagine how people would look at us if they read the anime thread.

Anyway, glad Johnny Day is finally here. Throwing with his pads and a helmet on. Bridgewater is a chump.

LJ11

I'm not against a Tight End being a top 10 or 5 talent, i'm wary of Ebron being that top 10 guy. Particularly in a draft where there are seemingly no shortage of game changing athletes to go around. Ebron is a weak blocker, and hasn't impressed with his frequent drops. That's a big risk for a top 10 pick for me.

No problem at all with that. If you don't like the player, or like others better, fine. I just don't know if I would outright dismiss a position, unless it's a RB (even though I do like my RBs).

Josh Gordon dropping Browns secrets on espn.
After the draft I'm going full :kas mode of Gordon
Edit: also espn actually talks browns!

Chip Kelly on Lazor:

“I think everybody’s product of what you see on the field and, obviously, Nick deserves credit because Nick’s the one who’s playing,” Kelly said. “But Billy was the guy that got him prepared to play, so I think Billy did a great job with him. I think he’s got great experience in terms of being a coordinator at the college level but has also coached with the Seahawks and the Falcons and the Redskins. … I thought it was a great opportunity for him and I think he’s going to do a really good job down there.”

“Billy’s very, very intelligent. I think one of the first things that struck me when we first interviewed him was his intelligence just kind of jumps out at you,” Kelly explained. “He’s an Ivy League guy that has a great way of teaching and has great knowledge in terms of the game. He did a great job with our quarterback position.”
Brace yourselves, AFC.

ryan_tannehill_35.jpg

lazordolphinslogo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom