• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck then and hope you get a cute one!.

Thanks a pileup involving two lorries and a couple of cars somewhere up ahead on the motorway I'm stuck here in traffic with the engine off blasting Chief Thunder and Orchids theme at full volume for whichever poor bastards are stuck next to me for three hours.

So obviously I've missed my appointment and I'll bet she was the woman i was destined to marry:(

And i really need a piss.

It seems like I every movie with stock brokers is great.

And they can be as over the top as they want to be and yet it is still believable.

Because stock brokers are great people, just look at economics students. Law students on the other hand have the tendency to be massive, cocky cunts.

Hi guys. Vikings fan here. Long time lurker, first time poster. SKOL VIKES!

I feel a certain connection with you already.

bionic77

12 hour workdays arent too bad.
Depends on the job and person.

If it's a dangerous and physical job like fracking or drilling and you are one of those poor bastards working 14-16 hours a day that is tough. All of those guys seem to get hookers and drugs on their days off.

I work in a white collar job and I can't complain even if I am working 16 hours straight.

squicken

Lance Zierlein's NFL 2014 Mock Draft 2.0

Interesting stuff is at the bottom. League chatter and rumors

Word around league circles is that the Cleveland Browns interest in Derek Carr is very real. If this is the case, then I don’t think they can wait to grab him at 26 since the Vikings could also be targeting him at #8. Instead, I’ve got the Browns jumping on Carr early in the draft.

You might be surprised by the Jets taking Teddy Bridgewater and I was surprised I ended up putting him there, but keep in mind that the Jets just fell into Geno Smith in the second round and they might not be married to him after watching him for a year. It’s all about getting the QB position right and if the Jets like Bridgewater, they could take him over one of their primary need positions.

The Eagles love speed and with Trent Cole getting up there in age, I could see Chip Kelly and the Eagles locking in on one of the quickest pass rushers off the edge in this year’s draft – Dee Ford.

The more I dig around on the CB position with scouts and front office men around the league, the more I’m hearing that Darqueze Dennard could fall much further than most people think. I put him with the Saints in that spot, but that could easily be Kyle Fuller there with Dennard falling to the back end of the first or even out of the first round.

The Broncos might be thrilled to see C.J. Mosley fall to them at 31. However, with some medical concerns out there surrounding Mosley, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him fall out of the first round into the early part of the second. In this scenario, I’ve got the Broncos going with a huge need selection at CB with Kyle Fuller.

The Seattle Seahawks really don’t care how you do things because they have their own way of drafting. While I wouldn’t take Joel Bitonio this highly, he is a good athlete with outstanding tenacity who can likely fit into the RT or LG positions for the Seahawks. The Seahawks need to improve their pass-blocking and overall consistency on the offensive line and Bitonio might be their kind of fit.

I ended up having some “name” players fall out of the first round. Alabama LT Cyrus Kouandjio has medical concerns and didn’t play as well in 2013 as he did in 2012. I’ve already covered C.J. Mosley’s potential fall out of the first. I was told by a source inside the league that Florida State DT Timmy Jernigan could “fall like a rock”. I didn’t question the source, I just left him out of the first round. Missouri DE Kony Ealy could end up going in the first round, but he doesn’t have the strength to make it as a 3-4 DE yet and I don’t see the edge speed that would excite teams looking for a first round DE.

bionic77

Because stock brokers are great people, just look at economics students. Law students on the other hand have the tendency to be massive, cocky cunts.

I feel a certain connection with you already.
I studied Econ in college and got a masters in it too. Most Econ students don't become stock broker.

A lot of law students are cunts though. But I think the same is true of most professions.

I quit my job to to go and study law and i can confirm that I am a cunt and I may or may not have a massive cock.

My belly kind of obscures my view of it nowadays

I studied Econ in college and got a masters in it too. Most Econ students don't become stock broker.

A lot of law students are cunts though. But I think the same is true of most professions.

I'm sitting in the library of the Law facility as we speak. My experiences with other libraries tell me that Law students are indeed the biggest cunts.

I quit my job to to go and study law and i can confirm that I am a cunt and I may or may not have a massive cock.

My belly kind of obscures my view of it nowadays

I...uuuuuh...not really an image I wanted in my head.

Also :

Gronk said:
“@Chan95Jones: But the grind does not stop!!!” Sure doesn't! #RISEandAlwaysGRIND Let's get it today boy!

#Motivational #GOAT #JackedCentral

squicken

God the 80s were awesome

BksO2vpIMAAOa5x.jpg

Crisco

Banned
Avant is no stud, but he's probably an upgrade over LaFell. Overall, our WR corps are no worse than they were last year, with the exception of a Steve Smith replacement. If we get the right guy in the draft, it's as good a unit as Cam has had to work with in Carolina. Getts is not to be doubted ever again, dude knows his craft.

Avant is no stud, but he's probably an upgrade over LaFell. Overall, our WR corps are no worse than they were last year, with the exception of a Steve Smith replacement. If we get the right guy in the draft, it's as good a unit as Cam has had to work with in Carolina. Getts is not to be doubted ever again, dude knows his craft.

He told us he had a plan but people wouldn't listen. #GettsBeKnowing

I don't think he expected a team to overpay for Ted Ginn though. I think that's one move (along with Gross and possibly Wharton now retiring) he didn't forsee.

Lance Zierlein's NFL 2014 Mock Draft 2.0

Interesting stuff is at the bottom. League chatter and rumors

This is the craziest mock ever. Here is what the NFL.com draft profile says about Dee Ford:

Weaknesses
Undersized -- thin-framed, lacks bulk and anchor strength to dig in vs. the run. Cannot convert speed to power and gets stalled if he cannot work half of a blocker. Struggles to discard blockers when locked up and gets inverted. Not comfortable moving in reverse. Has consistently been dinged with injuries and has never made it through a full season healthy.
Draft Projection
Rounds 4-5

Bottom Line
High-motor college left defensive end better suited for a rush linebacker role in the pros. Has added more than 50 pounds to his frame since arriving on campus and has demonstrated the desire, work habits and competitiveness to develop into a Trent Cole-like edge rusher if he can stay healthy.

I can only assume that Lance Z say the name Trent Cole mentioned and just decided that the Eagles would take him. Chip has said repeatedly that speed isnt that important to him and big people beat up little people, and now he is going to take an undersized DE that is always hurt in the 1st, no fucking way.

squicken

http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/lance-zierleins-nfl-2014-mock-draft-2

Lance's shitty site didn't update properly, so I'll edit my post. But that link above is his most recent mock. The guy he seems most adamant on is Roby at 10

I'd off myself if the Bills took Lewan at 9, dude is just a guy if you ask me.

I get the sense the Rams like Lewan and Matthews more than GRob. No sure thing GRob will be able to handle pass protection, even if he has the upside to be great.

brentech

This is the craziest mock ever. Here is what the NFL.com draft profile says about Dee Ford:

I can only assume that Lance Z say the name Trent Cole mentioned and just decided that the Eagles would take him. Chip has said repeatedly that speed isnt that important to him and big people beat up little people, and now he is going to take an undersized DE that is always hurt in the 1st, no fucking way.

i think you take a mock draft way too seriously / personally to the team.
Any random mock has about as much value as our own gaf mock draft

i think you take a mock draft way too seriously / personally to the team.
Any random mock has about as much value as our own gaf mock draft

I am just shocked to see someone that gets paid money to cover football saying such ridiculous things. There is no way any team takes Dee Ford in the first round.

Wes

venison crêpe
More high profile games on Thursday at the expense of the lineup on MNF? Chances the Browns play on Monday this year have gone from slim to less slim!

Wrayfield

Gonna go watch Winter Soldier tonight. Actually watched the first one since yesterday I missed it (wasn't that interested). Hear it's good, yes?

Wes

venison crêpe
who do we blame for the draft being in May again?

Radio City Music Hall. Supposedly - conflicting schedule. I think it's going to be in May for the next 3 years.

That said, this May 8-11 weekend is going to be awesome:
- NFL Draft,
- Spanish Grand Prix,
- Final Premier League games of the season, all kickoff at same time,
- Eurovision Song Contest.

Radio City Music Hall. Supposedly - conflicting schedule. I think it's going to be in May for the next 3 years.

- NFL Draft,
- Spanish Grand Prix,

Wes pls

Drakeon

Gonna go watch Winter Soldier tonight. Actually watched the first one since yesterday I missed it (wasn't that interested). Hear it's good, yes?

I'd say excellent. Probably one of Marvel's best films after Avengers and Iron Man 1. I saw it Sunday, but it really surprised me, really really enjoyed it.

This is coming from someone who enjoyed the first Captain America, but didn't outright love it.

gutshot

- NFL Draft,
- Spanish Grand Prix,

Most 'Mericans only care about one of those things. A small percentage care about two.

Wes

venison crêpe
You really like it? As in you're not joking?

How can you not like it? It's an institution of being European. The geopolitical mockery of the voting system, the absurdly bad songs, the terrible jokes by the hosts. It's the best TV of the year, every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom