• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

The must-have gift for the Jags fan in your life

BifzHf5IAAAV5zu.jpg:large
If there was a similar one for Greg Schiano, I might buy it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kind of glad Detroit isn't going crazy in free agency. This Suh contract is kind of holding them hostage right now and the contracts being given out to safeties are insanely high. Another good draft this year will go much farther if Mayhew can make it happen.

I do have a terrible feeling he's going to trade away 2 1sts and a 3rd to move up for Watkins, though.

Everyone that is of any worth on the Free Agent market won't be touched by the Eagles. They don't want to spend. The Eagles will stick with their absolute shit defense another season and waste prime years of this O-Line being together and Foles making the league minimum.

Eagles will just continue to sign project players that could boom or bust and gamble our seasons away on nothing. Signing players with actual talent scares Howie Roseman, because one time Nnamdi Asomugha didn't work out and the Eagles fell apart.

The Eagles aren't going to improve at all this season. Better hope they can draft a hidden gem on the defensive side of the ball. The Eagles pass rush is lacking and their secondary is still atrocious as it currently stands. They spent money on Jenkins, but they have still yet to push the marker forward on this team being a legit contender this season.

The time is running out on adding players with proven track records. Roseman is gun shy.

Great post my man. I agree with you 100% So bullshit that they let Nnamdi not working out scare them off from good players who can help them. I would have matched that contract Bryd got in a second. I am so disappointed right now in what they are doing.

You guys kill me. You want Dream Team v2.0? They are doing this the right way now and people still bitch and moan.

I want the Eagles to improve, I dont give a single fuck about silly labels like dreamteam. Spend money and sign good players, not total fucking garbage like Jenkins. It is okay to be upset with some moves your team makes, you dont have to defend them all.

Kind of glad Detroit isn't going crazy in free agency. This Suh contract is kind of holding them hostage right now and the contracts being given out to safeties are insanely high. Another good draft this year will go much farther if Mayhew can make it happen.

I do have a terrible feeling he's going to trade away 2 1sts and a 3rd to move up for Watkins, though.

Nobody would be that dumb.

TheFatOne

Tannehill's career has been a mixed-bag. You got me. Still doesn't change the fact that Brady is past his prime mentally and physically, but feel free to keep changing the subject.

Which is meaningless since he's still good enough to win a super bowl. In a few years yea you have a point.

Which is meaningless since he's still good enough to win a super bowl. In a few years yea you have a point.

If he is still good enough to win a SB why hasnt he ever done so without camera aid? He has had 10 years of chances, and nothing to show for them. If you really believe Brady was good enough to win a SB last year then I really dont know what to say to you.

MechDX

In some ways I think it shows that he's going to draft Clowney. Unless you honestly believe that he'll sit Bortles, Bridgewater, or whoever behind Schaub for a season.

edit: I think it's the smart move long term and I've been saying this since day one. Take Clowney this season, win 4-6 games on the back of Yates or Schaub handing off to Arian Foster, then draft your franchise QB next year. I'd also say it's time to trade Andre Johnson.

Cut schaub and run with TJ or Case. Period, end of story.
I agree trade Dre. A contender would love to have him.

Pats, Niners, Seahawks, Broncos because everyone else is going there

Sanjuro

Denver got Talib! Aw yis.

Finally that fucking cancer is gone. Hopefully the Herald has a piece about him beating his girlfriend while addicted to prescription medication to make things business as usual.

eznark

Banned
Denver got Talib! Aw yis.

Finally that fucking cancer is gone. Hopefully the Herald has a piece about him beating his girlfriend while addicted to prescription medication to make things business as usual.

Doubt he rates the hit piece. I'm sure there are a plethora of white corners that the people of Boston want Kraft to sign now though.

Crazy Shit about Veldheer's Negotiations with Oakland

According to Middlekauff, the negotiations between the Raiders and Veldheer got incredibly emotional and it played a major role in the deal not getting done. He said that Veldheer’s brother was “impossible to deal with” from what his sources were telling him. He went on to say that he felt like there was a decent chance that Veldheer would still be with the Raiders if had a normal, third party agent who was not emotionally involved.

Crazy stuff.

squicken

ESPN's Field Yates said Veldheer took less money to leave. He just wanted out. Seems the same with Houston. Guy on the radio here made the point that if they franchise tag him, and you don't want him to stay, but do it for leverage on a trade, what if he signs the tender?

At this point I'm more interested in the Houston angle. I guess they just felt he wasn't a pass rusher so wasn't worth that on a franchise tag?

squicken

Bills signed Chris Williams to a decent deal. Rams wanted him back but not for that money. And they wanted back as a backup. As a starter he was upgradable. Same with Shelly Smith, except they didn't want him back

For Giants fans:

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina · 1m

Reports of Stevie Brown's 1-year deal being $4M are not accurate, I'm told. Deal is closer to $2.75M per a source.

His base salary for the season is 1.75 million. I know there were fans freaking out about the 4 million number that was thrown around yesterday.

ESPN's Field Yates said Veldheer took less money to leave. He just wanted out. Seems the same with Houston. Guy on the radio here made the point that if they franchise tag him, and you don't want him to stay, but do it for leverage on a trade, what if he signs the tender?

At this point I'm more interested in the Houston angle. I guess they just felt he wasn't a pass rusher so wasn't worth that on a franchise tag?

I've heard mixed things about Lamarr too. I heard he started acting pretty belligerent when he wasn't going to be paid to stay, and then when they offered him more, he decided he wanted out.

These things are rarely as black and white as folks make them seem to be.

Tom Penny

If he is still good enough to win a SB why hasnt he ever done so without camera aid? He has had 10 years of chances, and nothing to show for them. If you really believe Brady was good enough to win a SB last year then I really dont know what to say to you.

Well if Manning wasn't good enough win with the Broncos offense my guess is Seattle would have beat the Pats too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom