• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hilarious is it that Patriots fans are hinging their hopes and dreams on the potential signing of Darrelle Revis? I'm loving this.

Do the Dolphins even know what hope is?

Maybe you guys can try to sign Eric Decker for pay back.

EDIT - Oops. Looks like he's meeting with NY Jets. Gets even worse for you guys.

There's always Revis :lol

Why would we want Decker?

Maybe we can sign Miller of Demarius Thomas in a year or 2 when you guys are in cap hell because of the deals you're handing out now?

Tabris

Do the Dolphins even know what hope is?

Why would we want Decker?

Because Julian Edelman was your best WR last year.

Maybe we can sign Miller of Demarius Thomas in a year or 2 when you guys are in cap hell because of the deals you're handing out now?

I don't think so. Maybe. Most likely thing to happen is Peyton retires in 2-3 years and they draft & sign a rookie QB for nothing.

Dragon

Banned
Maybe you guys can try to sign Eric Decker for pay back.

EDIT - Oops. Looks like he's meeting with NY Jets. Gets even worse for you guys.

There's always Revis :lol

Hmm let me think how I can laugh at you:

Oh wait, there's the Super Bowl this past season, where your team got its ass kicked so hard that you found an igloo to hide in. Err....oh wait, there's also your city rioting because their poor little Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Have fun with your free agency championship really, if you can figure out who these players are.

ShaneB

I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks and drinking a lot of alcohol :/

Playing a Nice amount of soccer though, should compensate for that a bit.

I justify eating things like that by implying that I'm trying to bulk, so I can binge here and there, but it doesn't work without the Gym part. lol

Never clicked with me that ATL Gregg Rosenthal was PFT Gregg Rosenthal once upon a time. Felt pretty dumb. That's my Gata moment of the day.

I keep meaning to ask him on Twitter if he's related to baseball analyst Ken Rosenthal. They sound so alike.

Tabris

Hmm let me think how I can laugh at you:

Oh wait, there's the Super Bowl this past season, where your team got its ass kicked so hard that you found an igloo to hide in. Err....oh wait, there's also your city rioting because their poor little Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Have fun with your free agency championship really, if you can figure out who these players are.

How did the Patriots do last year? :p

Only going downhill for you guys.

EDIT - And I know who Talib is. He's the one Welker took out :) Hit him so hard that Talib could only respond by wanting to sign up!

Tabris

Edelman is 10 times the receiver Decker is. If we pay somebody, better be him.

Julian Edelman - 2013: 1,056 yards 6 touchdowns
Eric Decker - 2013: 1,288 yards 13 touchdowns

We can compare 2012 stats if you want too :)

spyder_ur

That Talib contract is an atrocity. $26M guaranteed - no way Pats would match that. Good for him though, played hard and well in NE. This CB market has gotten absurd.

MechDX

The great @McClain_on_NFL says he "no longer expects Matt Schaub to be cut anytime soon." I'm a little horrified. #Texans

Shoot me. Please for the love of Tebow! I'm done!

Dragon

Banned
How did the Patriots do last year? :p

Only going downhill for you guys.

EDIT - And I know who Talib is. He's the one Welker took out :) Hit him so hard that Talib could only respond by wanting to sign up!

See that doesn't work. Because you're the one talking trash. I'm not talking trash about the Patriots. There aren't many Pats fans that do (unless you call Lunchbox a fan). I do look forward to your utter disappearance after Peyton retires and Eli continues to Eli.

And Wesley Woodyard

Finally someone not named Phil Costa!

squicken

The great @McClain_on_NFL says he "no longer expects Matt Schaub to be cut anytime soon." I'm a little horrified. #Texans

Shoot me. Please for the love of Tebow! I'm done!

I just ... I mean ... Does BoB not watch football? Did he not see the fan reaction to the last start. He will be booed mercilessly. BoB better start getting ready for that silent count

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just ... I mean ... Does BoB not watch football? Did he not see the fan reaction to the last start. He will be booed mercilessly. BoB better start getting ready for that silent count

In some ways I think it shows that he's going to draft Clowney. Unless you honestly believe that he'll sit Bortles, Bridgewater, or whoever behind Schaub for a season.

edit: I think it's the smart move long term and I've been saying this since day one. Take Clowney this season, win 4-6 games on the back of Yates or Schaub handing off to Arian Foster, then draft your franchise QB next year. I'd also say it's time to trade Andre Johnson.

Tenumi

Banned
Nightz, Hart951, ChargersGAF whats going on with the Qualcomm Stadium situation? I'd hate too see San Diego lose the Chargers(I don't want them in L.A. Chargers are San Diego, Raiders are L.A. and soon the Rams) but Qualcomm Stadium is pretty shitty and the city needs to upgrade to a new stadium.

The Chargers have a new state of the art stadium
in the GAF Madden league.

Seriously though, not much happening at this point. A lot of it has to do with the instability with whoever San Diego's mayor is. Filner said he was willing to work with the Chargers on a stadium, but he had his whole scandal and nothing ever materialized with the stadium. Hopefully the new mayor wants to work with the team to get something done.

As far as the team, it seems that they want to stay in San Diego. They're currently focused on a downtown site near Petco Park and want to get something on the ballot soon I believe. Funding is still the main hurdle. They've been trying to get a new stadium for over 10 years now...I feel like something will happen soon, not sure if that necessarily means the Chargers will be staying in SD. Hoping for the best though.

All I ask is that whenever and whatever new stadium the Chargers get, they keep the team flags. I've always found that to be a really cool touch.

squicken

In some ways I think it shows that he's going to draft Clowney. Unless you honestly believe that he'll sit Bortles, Bridgewater, or whoever behind Schaub for a season.

LZ was saying he had a Broncos source that said Ortwaller had been told the Texans had some talks with his agent. They are definitely looking for a vet QB. It's either Bortles or Clowney according to LZ, and McClain says they will absolutely take a QB.

idk. Hard to tell what is a smokescreen or not. Maybe teams are changing and will just try and find a QB in later rounds when there are no Andrew Lucks at the top of the draft?

Wes

venison crêpe
Joe Haden ‏@joehaden23
Me @jabaalsheard and @JOSH_GORDONXII welcoming @DonteWhitner and #dansby 2 the team! #GoBrowns pic.twitter.com/fj1wnViNn6

BihmjuaCIAEzA9d.jpg:large

I love Haden.

TheFatOne

Great move by the broncos. When healthy talib is a freak. One thing to watch out for broncos fans is a hip injury. Even if it's minor it will be a major problem. Only knock I have on him. He matches up better against the big receivers. Like I said if there is any news of a hip injury during the season worry. Other than that he's great.

Great move by the broncos. When healthy talib is a freak. One thing to watch out for broncos fans is a hip injury. Even if it's minor it will be a major problem. Only knock I have on him. He matches up better against the big receivers. Like I said if there is any news of a hip injury during the season worry. Other than that he's great.
Bringing in Talib is one thing, giving him that contract is another. To me it seems pretty clear that the Broncos FO was willing to do whatever it took to bring him in because they are going all in for this season. That deal is downright terrifying for the team long-term.

squicken

This was my sense all along. He wanted out but his family is playing a PR game to make him look like the good guy. Maybe there was bad blood from not getting an extension earlier in the year, but it seems like even then they weren't listening

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The nice part of free agency is that I get to hear about a bunch of quality players that I never knew about before because they're stuck on teams like the Raiders or wherever.

Things husbands have never said at the dinner table.

:jnc

TheFatOne

Bringing in Talib is one thing, giving him that contract is another. To me it seems pretty clear that the Broncos FO was willing to do whatever it took to bring him in because they are going all in for this season. That deal is downright terrifying for the team long-term.
Long term doesn't really matter for teams like the broncos. They have a shot for the next few years. Without Manning they will be garbage just like the pats. Better to try and win now.

Long term doesn't really matter for teams like the broncos. They have a shot for the next few years. Without Manning they will be garbage just like the pats. Better to try and win now.
Ideally you'd want to set up for both like the Seahawks but I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom