• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Nothing stopping the Pats from giving him a franchise tag next offseason

@AlbertBreer: Important note: Darrelle Revis' 1-year, $12 million deal w/the Patriots doesn't contain anything preventing NE from franchising him in '15.

Wes

venison crêpe
Raiders have to go OT with their first rounder now don't they? There's no one above average left. So might see them make a play for a QB in free agency or trade instead?

Tom Penny

Based on the way both guys played last year? Yeah pretty much.

Hardly. I love Revis but he wasn't that great last season. I wish him well, I just think the Pats would have been better off franchise tagging Talib.

This would make sense if Talib didn't miss games play average the 2nd half of the season and overall play worse than Revis last year but sure.

What the fuck has Reggie done in his 2+ years to make the Raiders the slightest bit better? Where is a cornerstone player? All he has done is gut the roster so that it's the worst in the league, anyone could have done that

MechDX

yo for real? were we both born on march 13th?

but yes get it, i want one so badly.

Yeah March 13th for a lot of years. ;) I knew we were kindred spirits!

Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanCablinasian · 8m
#SchaubTradeCandidate #10MillionReasons RT @BKSportsTalk: Seriously, though... Who are the #Raiders going to sign to get to the cap floor?

Do it Raiders. 10 million reason why you should.

ShaneB

The ATL podcast is on fire tonight.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

squicken

What the fuck has Reggie done in his 2+ years to make the Raiders the slightest bit better? Where is a cornerstone player? All he has done is gut the roster so that it's the worst in the league, anyone could have done that

The Rams know his injury history better than anyone and offered $5m/yr that could have gone to $7.5m/yr if he hit playing time incentives. I don't trust your owner. I think he's the kind to get cold feet and use a physical as an excuse

Hope the Rams get him for what they originally offered him

MechDX

The Rams know his injury history better than anyone and offered $5m/yr that could have gone to $7.5m/yr if he hit playing time incentives. I don't trust your owner. I think he's the kind to get cold feet and use a physical as an excuse

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m
After a disagreement in OAK on OT Rodger Saffold's physical condition, he is returning to STL to sign a 5-yr contract with the Rams. Wow.

Here is how it all went down:

- Bill was sitting in his secret HQ, an active volcano in Hawaii, petting his baby Great White Shark.

- He heard how unhappy Revis was in New York, but he also knew the Jets would never let him go to New England. So he had to come up with a plan.

- He called his favorite minion, Greg Schiano, into his office and send him to the Buccaneers.

- There Schiano traded for Revis as instructed by Sith Lord Bill, to then sign him to a ridiculous deal. Knowing that the Bucs couldn't keep him long term.

And as soon as Bill got his boy Schiano out of Tampa, Revis got cut and boom: Revis The Patriot.

If the owner is doing some conspiracy bullshit like going behind his GM's back to fail a players physical because he didn't like the signing, why the hell is Reggie still the GM?

squicken

I've been defending the Raiders but that is done. Glad we got Saffold back. Raiders fans are great. The turd owner can keep owning a shit franchise forever and ever

Also, we replaced Mendy with Dwyer. At least Arians namely only takes RB leftovers from the Steelers, unlike Whiz. Elly is our main man there so doesn't really matter.

So lets see:

Awful and poor owner
GM that hasn't done shit
Coach that hasn't done shit
Worst roster in the NFL
Awful facilities and stadium

Can it get much worse?

Keep this smut out of this thread and in Gata's dreams.

I'm sorry, Dutch. You should feel happy, fanciful, and free on a day such as this. You deserve it. You deserve to be happy with your team's moves.

It's okay brother!

Although I did make Bill extra evil, so you people could enjoy my story. Maybe I should have added some lovemaking to married women to really speak to my GAF-audience.

Keep this smut out of this thread and in Gata's dreams.

I'm sorry, Dutch. You should feel happy, fanciful, and free on a day such as this. You deserve it. You deserve to be happy with your team's moves.

Why hello there friend. How are you during these days of free agency? I hope you are enjoying it.

Hahaha Kave I thought that Weeden Raiders report was real for a second. I couldn't stop laughing, I was laughing like a mad scientist. Thank you for that
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports the Jets will continue to pursue free agent James Jones even if they land Eric Decker.
The Jets are putting the full-court press on Decker as we speak. So at least they are aware they need two new starting wideouts, and plan to do something about it. Jones and Decker have both been touchdown-scoring receivers throughout their careers, though they've been playing with Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, respectively.
FOX!

chadskin

Eric Decker had dinner with Rex Ryan today and his wife tweeted "SO EXCITED!!!!!!!". Looks like a done deal. They're said to pursuing James Jones regardless.

Those two on the Jets team would be fantastic, Geno desperately needs some better weapons than last year.

Fox318

Eric Decker had dinner with Rex Ryan today and his wife tweeted "SO EXCITED!!!!!!!". Looks like a done deal. They're said to pursuing James Jones regardless.

Those two on the Jets team would be fantastic, Geno desperately needs some better weapons than last year.

His wife is about to give birth to a baby. Tweet has nothing to do with the jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom