• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 3s
RT @MikeGarafolo: Jets announce a deal with WR Eric Decker

Welcome to Revis Island biiiiiiiiiitch!

Sanjuro

jKFmfv1WONmpS.jpg

This is true. Jets WR talent is almost as bad as the Patriots.

I think Jones is a decent WR but he benefits from Rodgers, Green Bay's system, and talent around him taking away better CBs.

He makes his money getting outside leverage and working his way back to the ball. Good C-tier WR I hope Green Bay can get back at a low price. Need a big body.
Jones isn't the only one that has to prove he can play without an elite QB but in Decker's case, he made some plays with both Orton and Tebow so we'll see. I agree with Jone's assessment but I'm looking at it from the glass half full Jets perspective, they had such awful trash that this is a huge step up for them. If Jones goes, you guys need to get a new burner, I don't recall if Boykin was that fast.
Not thrilled about that one but I believe the team is trying to change offensive philosophy a bit.
Going to pound the rock with Thomas and Ingram?
He's about to turn 30, which is the magic age in Ted Thompson's brain software where "take it or leave it" lowball contracts kick in.

It'll probably come down to whether he's willing to take slightly less to stay in GB.
He never struck me as having a large ego and I imagine Rodgers will try to get him to stay but money also talks and I can see the Jets throwing plenty his way as they are desperate for weapons.

Im glad this community gets along well.
you fuckers are awesome ♥♥♥
It is great, we all talk shit and troll each other constantly but I would honestly have a beer with just about everyone here. Insular brethren den of GAF land

JABEE

I wonder how agents are going to trust the Raiders when they have owners that will just destroy deals after they were agreed to. I would steer clear of that shit show of an organization if I was a player.

cajunator

Banned
Jones isn't the only one that has to prove he can play without an elite QB but in Decker's case, he made some plays with both Orton and Tebow so we'll see. I agree with Jone's assessment but I'm looking at it from the glass half full Jets perspective, they had such awful trash that this is a huge step up for them. If Jones goes, you guys need to get a new burner, I don't recall if Boykin was that fast.

Going to pound the rock with Thomas and Ingram?

He never struck me as having a large ego and I imagine Rodgers will try to get him to stay but money also talks and I can see the Jets throwing plenty his way as they are desperate for weapons.

It is great, we all talk shit and troll each other constantly but I would honestly have a beer with just about everyone here. Insular brethren den of GAF land

Im not sure what the plan is but I think theyre trying to become more run focused and less gimmicky. But this IS payton so he wont give up on that entirely.

He probably couldn't get here due to the lovely weather. A lot of flights in and out were cancelled.
Yeah that's what I said earlier, so sick of this snow :/

But honestly not super hyped about Tate, he's a good player but I'm still not convinced he can stay healthy. He'll be a good add if we can get him, but I'll probably be more excited about whatever Rb we draft.

JABEE

He's about as nice as Vince Papale is at playing football.

What? I haven't even been mean today. I'm usually in a pretty good mood. I have been positive about the Eagles future. I usually try to spread the word about the sins of the Patriots without indicting the Patriot fanbase. I try so hard not to ruffle feathers and disturb swampy waters.

Syrinx

Wondering what the Bucs will do with Glennon now that Lovie has identified McCown as his guy. Backup McCown or trade him? May depend on their draft plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom