• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
When does Finley start making his team visits? Lets get some offense rumors goin for the pats, still in dire need of weapons. Is Gronk starting on the PUP? This season is a lot more exciting after that disastrous offseason last year.

Rodgers lobbied for him in 2011 after we won the Owl.

Ted will do what he always does: test the market, get the best price he can, or move on.

I hesitated a moment thinking if it was another year back. Well, those two are multiple-levels better than what the Jets have now, that's for sure. Neither are number 1 quality but at least Geno would have some decent options. Decker on Revis Island? Jones goes balls deep!

I hesitated a moment thinking if it was another year back. Well, those two are multiple-levels better than what the Jets have now, that's for sure. Neither are number 1 quality but at least Geno would have some decent options. Decker on Revis Island? Jones goes balls deep!
This is true. Jets WR talent is almost as bad as the Patriots.

I think Jones is a decent WR but he benefits from Rodgers, Green Bay's system, and talent around him taking away better CBs.

He makes his money getting outside leverage and working his way back to the ball. Good C-tier WR I hope Green Bay can get back at a low price. Need a big body.

When does Finley start making his team visits? Lets get some offense rumors goin for the pats, still in dire need of weapons. Is Gronk starting on the PUP? This season is a lot more exciting after that disastrous offseason last year.

He visited the Seahawks yesterday, not sure today.

Would the Packers let Jones go? Rodgers lobbied hard for him just a year ago
He's about to turn 30, which is the magic age in Ted Thompson's brain software where "take it or leave it" lowball contracts kick in.

It'll probably come down to whether he's willing to take slightly less to stay in GB.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 5m
Saffold's full guarantee in deal with Raiders was $16m, all payable in the first year. That's what OAK was staring at when they failed him.

Uh-huh....failed physical indeed.

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 19m
"Failed physical" could be synonymous with "buyer's remorse."

lol

Exactly. The moment I read he failed the physical I knew it was dubious. Why would the Rams try and sign him if he couldn't pass a physical. The moron Raiders owner probably threw a temper tantrum and ordered them to fail his physical

LJ11

Keith Rivers...he's still playing...bahahahaha

At least they realize how bad our LB situation is. Please draft Telvin.

Jarnet87

Boykin can be the new #3, so they would

my heart can't take Finley and Jones gone in one year though

Jones is mediocre at best, without Rodgers or an elite QB he'll do nothing special. Boykin filled in well last year and they won't miss a beat with him as the third receiver and Cobb back.

Narag

Exactly. The moment I read he failed the physical I knew it was dubious. Why would the Rams try and sign him if he couldn't pass a physical. The moron Raiders owner probably threw a temper tantrum and ordered them to fail his physical

‏@MikeSilver 3m
According to a Raiders source Mark Davis pulled plug on Saffold deal. Could have had surgery and been ready for training camp. Mark said no

so there you go!

Why is Greg Little still on my team?! I understand he's got the measurables and potential, but it's just not happening for him here. I'm kinda getting sick just thinking of him....

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 13m
RT @gregauman free-agent tackle Anthony Collins is choosing between Bucs, Panthers and return to Bengals. Offers have comparable money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom