• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graziano has a really nice article on Tuck. Can't say I disagree much with it even if I do feel it was time to cut the cord despite Graziano acting like that's some foreign concept.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/35050/a-lot-walks-out-the-door-with-justin-tuck

Which brings us to the other huge thing that leaves with Tuck: Strong, high-character leadership. It's no accident that the Giants put Pierre-Paul's locker next to Tuck's. They did it because they wanted Pierre-Paul to learn as much as possible, if only by osmosis. They wanted Tuck to be right there when Pierre-Paul had a question, for Pierre-Paul to have a front-row seat to watch Tuck carry himself as a professional in team meetings, in media interviews, while suiting up for practice, while studying his playbook ... all of it. And Pierre-Paul wasn't the only one in that room who looked at Tuck with reverence. Kiwanuka did, too. Antrel Rolle counted Tuck among the influences that helped him rise to the level of co-captain. Tuck was the other co-captain on defense, a no-brainer election every year.

Beason/Rolle co-captains next season.

Colasante

I'm sure handing out 12 million for a one year rental had nothing to do with asking him to take a pay cut or get lost

There is no connection. Even if they'd resigned Talib or missed out on both cornerbacks, this would have happened. The Wilfork pay cut/extension discussion has been an ongoing process.

Source: Patriots DT Tommy Kelly restructures contract, creating about $800k in cap space.

Nice. Looks like Kelly will stay.

cdyhybrid

U8D3xUb.png

Kiper pls

I'm sure handing out 12 million for a one year rental had nothing to do with asking him to take a pay cut or get lost

Vince was gonna make 11 million dollars, being well beyond 30 and coming off an Achilles injury, of which few players fully recover.

There were talks about him re-structuring/being extended/being cut when the off-season started. It has nothing to do with Revis, Talib or whoever they signed. Fact is Pats valued him lower than what he was about to be paid, regardless of anybody else they signed.

Edit: I basically said what Colosante already said...

cdyhybrid

Mike Triplett ‏@MikeTriplett 3m
According to @ClaytonESPN, #Saints are among teams looking at CB Brandon Browner (reportedly also visiting Patriots, Redskins).

Vince was gonna make 11 million dollars, being well beyond 30 and coming off an Achilles injury, of which few players fully recover.

There were talks about him re-structuring/being extended/being cut when the off-season started. It has nothing to do with Revis, Talib or whoever they signed. Fact is Pats valued him lower than what he was about to be paid, regardless of anybody else they signed.

Edit: I basically said what Colosante already said...
So you're saying Vince and Revis don't get along, and Vince said "if you sign that selfish little punk I want out."

gotcha

Not sure if this was posted yet, but Football Outsiders released their SackSEER numbers for the 2014 draft. All time, Peppers and Kearse were 1 and 2 for highest rating. But Khalil Mack is the new number 1

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/sackseer-2014

Both Kiper and McShay have joined Mayock as thinking he could go first overall. Kiper's mock today had Mack first overall to HOU
I'd say there is virtually zero chance Mack goes first. I guess there's a tiny possibility but I would be genuinely shocked.
It's not a few examples, it's data from a decade and a half and disproves the argument you're attempting to make.
Not from what I saw but perhaps I missed a post or so of yours, had to play catch up after lunch. Which part of my argument do you take issue with? Lack of cap being a detriment to baseball? Do you have a legit argument for the NFL losing it?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hey I also saw that James Harrison is available.

1 yr league minimum with only half a block of American pasteurized processed cheese flavored food for him though.

It's all about dem cheese cards.

Madison has a fucking creamery and beer sold from the student union. Jelly.
I had some at Curly's when I went to see Breffarve throw a pick six to Dez Bishop. Pretty tasty.

Michigan State's dairy program isn't bad. They make solid ice cream.

how much of that does Decker need to mail to Peyton? With no one to throw him the ball the Jets will turn on him pretty quick.

Geno seemed pretty capable during the second half of the season. I actually want him to run more. Jets need 2 more offensive weapons and O-Line help, and a secondary :O

TheFatOne

The two things are unrelated. Vince is a big guy coming off major surgery on the last year of his contract, and right before he got hurt he was playing poorly. Like I said the two things are unrelated. Pats were going to try and restructure whether they signed Revis or not.

Watching that Infamous playthrough from last night.

images

Can't wait for it to get here.
I've been on black out, haven't seen anything since the E3 trailer I believe. Besides graphics, looks like a quality game? I feel like I'm buying it more because I want something to play on my PS4 than anything else but I've always loved super power themes since I was a kid so should be fun.

MechDX

By and large, Tiffany free-agent prices are over. From now on, with a few exceptions, it's shopping at Target.--schefter

Poor Ben Tate. Not as elite as he thought he was. :(

I've been on black out, haven't seen anything since the E3 trailer I believe. Besides graphics, looks like a quality game? I feel like I'm buying it more because I want something to play on my PS4 than anything else but I've always loved super power themes since I was a kid so should be fun.

Thats how I feel

Sanjuro

Not from what I saw but perhaps I missed a post or so of yours, had to play catch up after lunch. Which part of my argument do you take issue with? Lack of cap being a detriment to baseball? Do you have a legit argument for the NFL losing it?

I don't think there is any proof to it being a detriment to baseball and there is no points leading to the NFL having any more parity with it.

I've just never been a fan. There should be a salary floor and luxury tax. If a team is profitable and an owner wants to spend more towards the team, that should be his own prerogative, as would be other teams willing to compete financially.

Doomsayer

Greg/Darkest/Metalheads

I think you guys may enjoy this - I seen Between the Buried and me, Intronaut, and Deafheaven last night.

That was a fantastic show! BTBAM made me a fan again, I kind of lost interest in them after The Great Misdirect but they are absolutely immaculate live. Deafheaven stole the show though - so powerful.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My Tomb Raider save bugged so I'm trading that in towards Infamous for sure.

I guess I should have saved in multiple save spots but oh well.

I've been on black out, haven't seen anything since the E3 trailer I believe. Besides graphics, looks like a quality game?
It's unabashedly Infamous. With top notch production values. If you like the series, I don't see any way this doesn't click. The cutscenes/voice acting is "The Last of Us" tier in quality and the pacing in terms of the introduction of the powers and how the gameplay opens up in the short 25 minutes I've seen looks superb. Did I mention it looks incredible?

I'm a huge fan of the first two games so keep that in mind.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is this year's FA more exciting than usual? Unsure if true or if just because I actually paid attention this year.

The last couple of years were pretty barren except for the Manning sweepstakes.

The season before last Nmadi Asomugha was really all there was available.

Looks like the Browns are still actively going after Edelman even though it's unlikely Cincy matches Hawkins over.

We definitely need help at receive beyond Gordon, Cameron aside. I wouldn't mind that. Probably don't draft Watkins if this happens though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looks like the Browns are still actively going after Edelman even though it's unlikely Cincy matches Hawkins over.

We definitely need help at receive beyond Gordon, Cameron aside. I wouldn't mind that. Probably don't draft Watkins if this happens though.

But who is throwing the ball anyway?

Striker

Would have liked Pettigrew or Quarless for at least a backup role or challenge for the starting job. Giants have nobody there right now. OK say they draft Ebron right off the bat, they still have no one else. Robinson is a walking injury and Donnel is still green. Pascoe needs to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom