• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone check on Jabee.

Dr.-Who.gif

OK say they draft Ebron right off the bat

weather-man-tv-dick-gif-400597.gif

Greg/Darkest/Metalheads

I think you guys may enjoy this - I seen Between the Buried and me, Intronaut, and Deafheaven last night.

That was a fantastic show! BTBAM made me a fan again, I kind of lost interest in them after The Great Misdirect but they are absolutely immaculate live. Deafheaven stole the show though - so powerful.

Man I want to see BTBAM live. Sounds awesome.

A little sad to see Clemens gone. He wasn't very good but that Colts game was amazing and we had no real business going 4-5 with him under center. I think we need to spend at least a 2nd day pick on a QB now otherwise our backup QB situation could be disaster.

cdyhybrid

A little sad to see Clemens gone. He wasn't very good but that Colts game was amazing and we had no real business going 4-5 with him under center. I think we need to spend at least a 2nd day pick on a QB now otherwise our backup QB situation could be disaster.

You guys should trade for Schaub.

I don't think there is any proof to it being a detriment to baseball and there is no points leading to the NFL having any more parity with it.

I've just never been a fan. There should be a salary floor and luxury tax. If a team is profitable and an owner wants to spend more towards the team, that should be his own prerogative, as would be other teams willing to compete financially.
Let me put it this way, in what way is it fair or interesting to allow inherently larger markets due to their geographical region, to have a massive advantage over everyone else? Or hell, allowing owners that have far more money to have that advantage? Them being more successful outside of the sports world should have absolutely no bearing on said sport. When you have millionaires and billionaires that's too large a disparity to ignore.
It's unabashedly Infamous. With top notch production values. If you like the series, I don't see any way this doesn't click. The cutscenes/voice acting is "The Last of Us" tier in quality and the pacing in terms of the introduction of the powers and how the gameplay opens up in the short 25 minutes I've seen looks superb. Did I mention it looks incredible?

I'm a huge fan of the first two games so keep that in mind.
I've never played this series, I had some interest but I grabbed Arkham Asylum instead and it seemed like a poor man's version of Batman so just stuck with the Batman series. This entry seems like they stepped up their game in the size and scope of the world (city) and just has more going on for it in general. Plus, I need a PS4 game ;) Love what you said in this post, however and makes me feel better about my purchase :)
Does he want to be rich or relevant

You can't ask this until you see what team he ends up on.

Doomsayer

Man I want to see BTBAM live. Sounds awesome.

It was definitely awesome. I'm not really familiar with their new material but I spun the Parallax: II this morning and recognized a lot of the songs they played last night. Insane amounts of prog.

If you get a chance to see them on this leg of the tour, do it. It was only $20!

BigAT

Tuck:

I want to thank the NY Giants fans.
My family and I have appreciated your support on and off the field, and it’s been incredible playing for you the last 9 yrs. Also, I want to thank the Giants organization for being nothing but first class, and for the opportunity to win 2 championships.

#TuckRUSH4Literacy has served the community here for 6 yrs and we will continue our commitment and work in the region.

God Bless,
Justin Tuck

It's a bummer he won't be finishing his career with the Giants, but I can't get upset with his decision to take the money the Raiders were offering. Doesn't change the way I feel about his career, one of the great Giants still. I think New York had to move on unless they could bring him back extremely cheaply, way less than his Oakland deal.

squicken

Time for Sanchez

cajunator

Banned
Tuck:

I want to thank the NY Giants fans.
My family and I have appreciated your support on and off the field, and it’s been incredible playing for you the last 9 yrs. Also, I want to thank the Giants organization for being nothing but first class, and for the opportunity to win 2 championships.

#TuckRUSH4Literacy has served the community here for 6 yrs and we will continue our commitment and work in the region.

God Bless,
Justin Tuck

It's a bummer he won't be finishing his career with the Giants, but I can't get upset with his decision to take the money the Raiders were offering. Doesn't change the way I feel about his career, one of the great Giants still. I think New York had to move on unless they could bring him back extremely cheaply, way less than his Oakland deal.

I really hate how beloved players moving on is the nature of business in NFL. Its hard sometimes to see them playing in another uniform. Especially if its a hated rival.

I really think I can back up in this league...I mean what's the most I would have to do? Hold a clip board...hand the ball off in case I actually need to play? I'll do it for the minimum too.

Greg

Greg/Darkest/Metalheads

I think you guys may enjoy this - I seen Between the Buried and me, Intronaut, and Deafheaven last night.

That was a fantastic show! BTBAM made me a fan again, I kind of lost interest in them after The Great Misdirect but they are absolutely immaculate live. Deafheaven stole the show though - so powerful.
Nice - glad you had a good time! I always hear that BTBAM has tight live performances, but I've never seen them.

Did you catch The Kindred by chance? I enjoyed them when they were Today I Caught the Plague. Their vocalist is sketchy at times even on recordings though, so I was wondering how they translated live.

Doomsayer

I wonder if Hardy can return punts and run routes

Every time you post about the Panthers, especially during this FA period, I picture you making the exact same face as Cam in your avatar.

Nice - glad you had a good time! I always hear that BTBAM has tight live performances, but I've never seen them.

Did you catch The Kindred by chance? I enjoyed them when they were Today I Caught the Plague. Their vocalist is sketchy at times even on recordings though, so I was wondering how they translated live.

If you ever get the chance, please do it. You'll be as satisfied as can be.

I did see the Kindred, I wasn't feeling them. Vocalist was really spotty and was having pitch issues. It was actually kind of sad - after their first song he looked at the drummer and said "can't win 'em all." The majority of the crowd wasn't feeling them.

The Jags gave Ziggy Hood $16 mil for 4 years? Shit, lots of money for a guy who couldn't keep a starting spot.

We can do things like that. All that extra cap space we have from drafting all those excellent young players for so many years....

Caldwell is a medic. Just patching us up until he can fix the drafting situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom