• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

RT @Jerrymcd: Like it or not, the veteran QB Raiders have most interest in at moment is not yet a free agent _ Matt Schaub of Houston.

When Oakland's beat writer is saying the Raiders are interested in Schaub, something is there.

Two twitter comments from Texans Blogger. One has a retweet from a Raiders beat writer

rando14

No I do not...

a1e.png

Did shit his first two years in the league. Just couldn't find a way into the rotation, not sure the staff had a position in mind for him. According to the beat writers he was on the bubble entering year 3 and looked like complete shit in T, but somehow made the team.

Dude played well in year 3, not a starter, but would come in and give a good spell. Looked like the light turned on and he was starting to get it. Was excited to see what he could do with Pettine but didn't do much first couple of games and got hurt for the year.

Strong guy, long arms, not explosive but I think he could be a good depth guy. Also does a decent job taking on blocks and shedding. Just never got on track in Buffalo, we all thought he'd break out this year but he was basically one in done after that first game.

Wouldn't mind having him back, unlike Scott Chandler.
Thanks LJ. He's in Pitt right now and I don't see him leaving without signing. Don't necessarily need an explosive guy to run Lebeau's 3-4, need strength and a guy who can eat blocks. I'm excited about him but that Achilles injury worries me.

effzee

With Sproles and some of the other FA pickups, the Eagles seem extremely determined and hell bent on improving KR/PR coverage and return units.

Love it. Sproles should help in all aspects of special teams and of course should play a huge role on offense even if he is just a safety valve for Foles.

Still upset at the lack of a run at Byrd or Ward but it is what it is. Jenkins > Chung at least. I guess. Need to hit a home run in the draft to get someone to come in right away and make an impact at the safety spot. Not jut safety but the D overall. For a team transitioning to a 3-4 we still haven't added many new faces who excel in the 3-4.

Would love to have Vick come back to back up Foles. His only real option at starting seems to be the Jets and there is a lot of talk around NYC that signing him would only hinder Geno since he can easily out play Geno. I don't think he finds a starting role somewhere and hopefully decides on continuing his career in Philly as Foles's back up. I would love to have him step in for Foles in case of an injury or poor play.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Those decals for the DS4 light bar are pretty cool....I'll get a dolphins one when we stop sucking.
I guess I'll never get a PS4 :(

Yeah I was thinking a Green Bay one would be awesome....but honestly I'd probably just get the PS logo.

I already wear Green Bay stuff year round unlike half of you lifelongs.

Yeah I was thinking a Green Bay one would be awesome....but honestly I'd probably just get the PS logo.

I already wear Green Bay stuff year round unlike half of you lifelongs.

My keys have a dolphins bottle opener, key lanyard, key holder and key chain and my badge holder has the dolphins logo on it, I represent my shame all day long.

I want a decal that turns the stupid light bar off.

So just a black one?
Racist

Tom Penny

Man if the Pats didn't sign Revis or a really good corner their secondary would have be getting raped having to match up with these dudes and others this upcoming season. 7 out the top 12 in yards last year.

Megatron
Jordy Nelson
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Decker
Brandon Marshall / Alshon Jeffries

Man if the Pats didn't sign Revis or a really good corner their secondary would have be getting raped having to match up with these dudes and others this upcoming season. 7 out the top 12 in yards last year.

Megatron
Jordy Nelson
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Decker

Don't forget Wallace, Revis can't handle speed either

Sanjuro

Megatron
Jordy Nelson
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Decker

:jnc

Colasante

Megatron
Jordy Nelson
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Decker

Yeah, I love Dennard as the #2 corner but he would have been eaten alive by those receivers, Decker excluded. If they can trout out Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington as their cornerbacks, wowza.

Megatron
Jordy Nelson
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Decker

Jon Gruden's Gaf account?

Our secondary was getting destroyed in the first half of that game.

mwall.gif

Munnerlyn (that's your new corner Vikings-GAF!) got burned for the TD.

And then Wallace would have scored again had he not dropped it.

We were soooo close :(

That was such a good throw too while on the run...if he had just throw a few more like that...

slabrock

Banned
Titanfall beta, tons of promos and game give aways, etc. Good bump. I fully expect it to win March. I'd look out for some major changes from Redmond within the next six months if it doesn't.

I don't know. Sony seems to have pushed some more stock to the US since amazon has been getting semi regular shipments. Sony is probably pushing hard to win March in the US. Granted MS giving away titanfall in a bundle is gonna help. Should be very interesting to see the results; that is if neogaf doesn't explode once the numbers hit.

Godslay

Banned
Just found out Talib's 2nd and 3rd years are only guaranteed against injury. So if he decides to shit the bed and isn't hurt, he can be jettisoned 2nd year on with little effect on the cap.

I think he will work out though. As he stated in his presser his hip was fine. He hurt his quad and Belichick listed it as 'hip' on the injury report. I'd love to see him excel for 6 years, but I'm hoping for 1 to start.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I swear to god Mary Kay...

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
Free agent RB Ben Tate is in Cleveland today visiting with the #Browns, league source told cleveland.com. postponed Wed by weather.

brentech

We were soooo close :(

That was such a good throw too while on the run...if he had just throw a few more like that...

it was a nice throw, but i don't understand why he jumped to throw it. had had space and time to just plant it and throw. kind of weird, but it worked.

well. i take that back. it was mostly just bad D. a nice throw would have been a bit higher and a few feet deeper. it more or less just happened to work

Aaron Wilson ✔ @RavensInsider

Emmanuel Sanders visits the Chiefs on Friday, according to a source. Has already visited Jaguars, Buccaneers, making the rounds

it was a nice throw, but i don't understand why he jumped to throw it. had had space and time to just plant it and throw. kind of weird, but it worked.

well. i take that back. it was mostly just bad D. a nice throw would have been a bit higher and a few feet deeper. it more or less just happened to work

I think he felt the pressure of the DE coming at him from the left (he's bad at that) thats why the pass was shorter then it should have been, but for a 'jump' pass it was still at a good location relative to where Wallace and the DB were.

brentech

I think he felt the pressure of the DE coming at him from the left (he's bad at that) thats why the pass was shorter then it should have been, but for a 'jump' pass it was still at a good location relative to where Wallace and the DB were.

receiver shouldn't have to fully turn around and back pedal to make a catch. it's kind of a miracle Wallace pulled that off, because well, Mike Wallace

receiver shouldn't have to fully turn around and back pedal to make a catch. it's kind of a miracle Wallace pulled that off, because well, Mike Wallace

I know but he didn't get the ball off cleaning and put it where only Wallace had a chance, on a good throw with his feet set that ball lands in the endzone with Wallace in stride.

Paches

Just found out Talib's 2nd and 3rd years are only guaranteed against injury. So if he decides to shit the bed and isn't hurt, he can be jettisoned 2nd year on with little effect on the cap.

I think he will work out though. As he stated in his presser his hip was fine.
He hurt his quad and Belichick listed it as 'hip' on the injury report. I'd love to see him excel for 6 years, but I'm hoping for 1 to start.

The last time I heard that line was Harvin saying his hip was good after OTAs. Hope you guys have better luck with that situation.

jbug617

Banned
I haven't heard anything about Browner. He was suppose to visit the Redskins tonight but seeing weird rumblings (might not be right) that he is still at Pats facility.

Tom Penny

I think he will work out though. As he stated in his presser his hip was fine. He hurt his quad and Belichick listed it as 'hip' on the injury report. I'd love to see him excel for 6 years, but I'm hoping for 1 to start.

If his hip is fine then I'd be curious to know why the fuck he was missing entire games, parts of games and bowing out of AFC championships twice. Denver was a knee obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom