• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets $5m from the Panthers this season (no offset lol), so he won't need too much. Although I think he's gonna want to play the Panthers next season and toast whatever shit secondary we trot out, so that doesn't help the Pats. Ravens or Bucs IMO.

Yeah it seems like he really wants to stick it to Carolina.

Godslay

Banned
Talib's deal works out to a three year $27 million dollar deal. Which imo isn't terrible. Guaranteed money breaks down to $11.5 (+ 500k assumes 16 games played), $5.5 (+ 500k 16 games), $8.5 (+ 500k 16 games).

So really it's anywhere from $25.5 to $27 guaranteed over 3. Which at a $9 per average is a very good deal, and it just makes me laugh when some around here look at the bigger 6year/$57 million around here and say it's a bloated deal. If he's shit after these next three years, he can be cut with next to no repercussions.

Same thing with Ware. $20 million guaranteed, $16.5 'fully' guaranteed. So of that $16.5, $5 is signing bonus, $5 roster bonus, and $3 in base salary for 2014. Then a $3.5 base salary in 2015. If he's on the roster in 2015, he'll get the other $3.5. Bonuses are prorated over the life of the contract. So this deal is loaded up front, with an empty back end, similar to Talib.

And yes, Revis is better than Talib for the record. Nobody disputes that. He's close enough though, and should be better than DRC in the short and long term. Good enough for me, especially with the line they are putting together.

I'd like Steve Smith on the Patriots. I don't think he'll have a humungous impact on the field, but his fiery attitude would be a great influence on the young receivers. I can't see the Ravens letting him leave the building, though.
Smith should sign with the Pats. He and Revis will kill each other in training camp.

Well give new meaning to dead money.

I won 3 of them from that Taco Bell contest lol

NwZ6F40.jpg

Can I exchange these for tacos instead?

LJ11

LJ, what can you tell me about Alex Carrington? He's visiting with the Steelers today.

Did shit his first two years in the league. Just couldn't find a way into the rotation, not sure the staff had a position in mind for him. According to the beat writers he was on the bubble entering year 3 and looked like complete shit in T, but somehow made the team.

Dude played well in year 3, not a starter, but would come in and give a good spell. Looked like the light turned on and he was starting to get it. Was excited to see what he could do with Pettine but didn't do much first couple of games and got hurt for the year.

Strong guy, long arms, not explosive but I think he could be a good depth guy. Also does a decent job taking on blocks and shedding. Just never got on track in Buffalo, we all thought he'd break out this year but he was basically one in done after that first game.

Wouldn't mind having him back, unlike Scott Chandler.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 42s
Just curious, how awkward was it when Gary Kubiak got to Baltimore & realized that Cierre Wood was his 3rd string RB?

Wow! I didn't realize Wood was in Baltimore. Talk about awkward

Still reading? Love to get your thoughts once you finish, but I know you're busy.

I'm in chapter 2 but yeah I just had two mid terms so I haven't gotten a chance to read anymore but I'll have some time this weekend, I'll give you a review as soon as I finish :)
I really like it so far though, very interesting setting/world.

send me one

Sorry sold one already and the other I gave to my sister...2 years ago :p

squicken

<3 kave and BG and all of Browns GAF. For information purposes only

Until he signs the tag or a long-term deal, Mack won't participate in offseason workouts or minicamps. The Browns' offseason workout program begins April 7th, and they'll conduct a voluntary minicamp in late April. Organized team activities take place in May and June, and mandatory veteran minicamp is June 10-12.

"Alex just wants to take his time and collect all of the information he can,'' said Younger.

One team he'd love to play for is Indianapolis, where he'd be re-united with former Browns coach Rob Chudzinski. The Colts signed former Cowboys center Phil Costa on Thursday, but most likely as a backup. Costa has started only three games the past two seasons and he signed for back-up money: $2.7 million over two years, with a maximum value of $3.5 million depending on playing time, according to Mike Chappelle of the Indianapolis Star.

"Anytime a player has a chance to talk with a team with a proven record like the Colts, (with) a quarterback and other weapons of the caliber Indy has, it certainly catches your attention," Mack told IndyStar.

Mack added, "I'm willing to be patient with the process.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...si.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Really sounds like he wants out of Cleveland

I'm in chapter 2 but yeah I just had two mid terms so I haven't gotten a chance to read anymore but I'll have some time this weekend, I'll give you a review as soon as I finish :)
I really like it so far though, very interesting setting/world.

Sorry sold one already and the other I gave to my sister...2 years ago :p
Cool. thanks. Glad you're liking it. Midterms yuck.

Is that what that text was about?

Oh did you miss my follow up post? Yeah he went to a massage parlor and the girl offered him the 'full' experience so he took it and they had full on sex, I told him he was an idiot and he clams he felt bad especially for having two daughters (2 years and 6 months :/) but he's always been that type of guy to mess around on the side so I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom