• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
I guess you have to stop dancing Bread. The King has spoken.

@AdamSchefter: Brandon Browner's agent, Peter Schaffer, said his client is in negotiations w/ "four teams and we do not have a deal. We arent even close."

Rap Sheet chimes in again.

Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

Looks like something weird is going on:

@ProFootballTalk said:
Brandon Browner's agent blasts report of deal with the Patriots. Steve Smith-style comments coming at PFT.

Colasante

Brandon Browner has spread the word to those close to him that he has agreed with the #Patriots. Thus, my report that he has agreed.

What is happening!? Apparently Rap Sheet's sources have been the members of Brandon Browner's entourage all these years.

NFL Access ‏@NFL_Access 19s
Brandon Browner's agent says that he has not yet reached an agreement and that the announcement of him signing with Patriots was premature

Lol. Word on Twitter gets round too quickly nowadays.

smoke.gif

Colasante

Sounds like Browner like the deal with the Pats and told his friends but still wants to hear from other teams.

I'd guess the deal sat well with Browner, the agent then sent out the terms to the Redskins and Saints, heard back from them that they're willing to match or exceed, and is now pumping the breaks on the deal trying to get the Patriots to raise their offer.

Colasante

Browner's agent:

"It’s 100 percent untrue,” agent Peter Schaffer told PFT by phone, moments after the report landed on Twitter. “I’ve got four teams to negotiate with. I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

Schaffer plays in an adult hockey league in Denver.

“I’ve got very little patience for irresponsible journalists who put this stuff out and ruin my night,” Schaffer said. “My phone is going nuts. I just wanna play hockey.”

Put the Rap Sheet on blast. Wow. Still think Browner's agreed and he's trying to get more.

Bowser

Breer tweeted that Browner told his Seahawks teammates that he had a deal with the Pats, so his agent might should be mad at him?

ShaneB

I now feel like an insider by proxy. Apparently the guy who runs my Madden league is friends with Rapoport and Schefter and whole bunch of other NFL folks. What a world!

I play bball with a guy who is friends with the son of a guy who is friends with a guy who did a bid with a guy who once met a guy who is friends with Brandon Browner.

Browner to New England. Done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom