• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

All Seven Rounds Of Dallas Cowboys 2016 Draft Board Rankings Possibly Revealed

It's really interesting to read teams' Draft board rankings imo; who they valued vs where they went, etc.

Surprised that they had a 1st round grade on Paxton Lynch and yet were unwilling to trade up with Seattle to get him.

Wow. Thanks for this. Weird how it's always the Cowboys' board that gets leaked. Guess they don't give a fuck.

They had Steelers 1st round pick Artie Burns rated in the second, Bengals pick William Jackson rated in the third, Steelers second round pick Sean Davis rated in the FIFTH.

Just like everyone else they didn't care about Billings.

Wow. Thanks for this. Weird how it's always the Cowboys' board that gets leaked. Guess they don't give a fuck.

They had Steelers 1st round pick Artie Burns rated in the second, Bengals pick William Jackson rated in the third, Steelers second round pick Sean Davis rated in the FIFTH.

Cowboys gotta stay in the news no matter what, that's why they are #1 worldwide.

All Seven Rounds Of Dallas Cowboys 2016 Draft Board Rankings Possibly Revealed

It's really interesting to read teams' Draft board rankings imo; who they valued vs where they went, etc.

Surprised that they had a 1st round grade on Paxton Lynch and yet were unwilling to trade up with Seattle to get him.
Interesting that Dallas had Eli Apple rated in the top 16. They had Hargreaves one slot ahead . Maybe the Giants weren't entirely crazy with that pick considering it was reported multiple teams had him rated highly. Dallas was apparently one of them.

They had Floyd rated pretty damned high, too (8). Conklin was a second rounder on their board.

The Giants 5th round pick, Paul Perkins was a third rounder on their board. Darian Thompson was a high third rounder which is exactly where the Giants took him.

I don't see Sterling Shephard on there though.

Definitely interesting to see how teams put value on these guys.

EDIT: Nevermind - that was the place they were actually picked in the draft.:) Still had him rated in the top 16 of their board though.Corrections made.

I don't know what's going to happen with games against Green Bay of Chicago but I promise you this. As good as the Vikings defense is our offense will drop 30-40 points each game.

Holy shit you sound bitter.
I've seen delusional fans of teams Kas, but you need therapeutic help, man. This is just straight-up unhealthy.

So to humor you:
The exalted Detroit Lions managed only 35 points combined in two big fat L's last year against Zimmer's D... with Megatron.
Vikings haven't lost anyone major on defense or offense, in fact they've just been adding depth. What could the Lions and the genius that is Jim Caldwell possibly do this season to drop 30-40 points per game on a team who's very good defense could be even better (barring obvious injuries) this year?
Break it down for me, please. I'm genuinely curious.

Only team in the NFC North you couldn't squeak a victory out of, so yeah, I'd imagine that is the source of your sodium levels.
Look, I'm glad the Lions have their big 25 Year Anniversary event celebrating their last playoff win coming up - should be a good time for fans- but when you set silly expectations, you're only damaging your mind and heart, friend.

Holy shit you sound bitter.
I've seen delusional fans of teams Kas, but you need therapeutic help, man. This is just straight-up unhealthy.

So to humor you:
The exalted Detroit Lions managed only 35 points combined in two big fat L's last year against Zimmer's D... with Megatron.
Vikings haven't lost anyone major on defense or offense, in fact they've just been adding depth. What could the Lions and the genius that is Jim Caldwell possibly do this season to drop 30-40 points per game on a team who's very good defense could be even better (barring obvious injuries) this year?
Break it down for me, please. I'm genuinely curious.

Only team in the NFC North you couldn't squeak a victory out of, so yeah, I'd imagine that is the source of your sodium levels.
Look, I'm glad the Lions have their big 25 Year Anniversary event celebrating their last playoff win coming up - should be a good time for fans- but when you set silly expectations, you're only damaging your mind and heart, friend.

He genuinely believes the team's spin about Megatron being the problem all along and they're going to be better off now

NFLGAF realizes, trolling aside, that Matthew Stafford is the closest we've had to Favre since he retired. The way they play, the passion they play with, the way they throw and even physically they're almost exactly the same.

The way they play, how they move in the pocket, the arm strength and accuracy, it's the same.

Aaron Rodgers reminds me more of Tom Brady. Jay Cutler reminds me of Brett Favre also but something is wrong with him as a QB. Aaron Rodgers is nothing to fear like Favre was back in the day.

Teddy Bridgewater is a game managing QB and will be nothing more. Which isn't necessary bad, especially with the Vikings defense, but QBs like Stafford and Rodgers will eventually wax that ass.

20150923__1-vikings_AnthonyBarr_Staffordjpg.jpg

I don't know what's going to happen with games against Green Bay of Chicago but I promise you this. As good as the Vikings defense is our offense will drop 30-40 points each game. Especially after those cheap shots on our QB.

I promise you Stafford hasn't forgotten about that.

Since when does a player get a yard inside the field of play as a buffer for a cheap shot?

Hello friends. I want to talk briefly about being right, and being wrong.

In life, some people are right about almost everything, and some people are wrong about almost everything. But the important thing is being honest.

One of the rare things I was wrong about: Taylor Swift and defending her to yall. I apologize sincerely for this mistake. It will not happen. I'm sorry to you all, and I'm sorry to Kanye. He may be wrong about almost everything...but he was right here.

Pablo still sucked tho
OfBiuKs.png

im a Kanye music fan and honestly don't Care about this whole Taylor thing haha, but that thread and KTT have been pretty entertaining throughout this lol

Another thing I find odd about the Cowboys draft is Darron Lee. They had him in the middle late second round, yet were gushing over Ryan Shazier just 2 drafts ago.

Lee has a reputation for being slight yet at the end of college he topped out at 5 pounds heavier than Shazier.

rando14

They mention it later in the article, but it's interesting to see how Dallas ranks DB's values waaaaay differently than the rest of the league (multiple DB's taken 2-3 rounds ahead of Dallas values them).

Given Dallas' relative inability to draft good DB's, it might show that's likely an area they need to change their scouting dept

Hello friends. I want to talk briefly about being right, and being wrong.

In life, some people are right about almost everything, and some people are wrong about almost everything. But the important thing is being honest.

One of the rare things I was wrong about: Taylor Swift and defending her to yall. I apologize sincerely for this mistake. It will not happen. I'm sorry to you all, and I'm sorry to Kanye. He may be wrong about almost everything...but he was right here.

Pablo still sucked tho

She's still hot and I would let her buy me a diner, sit on her lap, brush her hair, have her call me daddy, paint her toenails and have romantic skype conversations.

I find this fascinating. Is he a physical freak? I can't imagine somebody playing football for the first time at 16 unless they're just a monster.
No, he's 6'1" and scrawny. Wiry. Not terribly athletic. Doesn't matter; he wants to compete. I support him but we've talked about how the concerns. We had a concussion baseline done on him (one of the things we fucked up on with his brother, who was concussed playing hockey and still suffers from migraines). We'll see how it goes.

They mention it later in the article, but it's interesting to see how Dallas ranks DB's values waaaaay differently than the rest of the league (multiple DB's taken 2-3 rounds ahead of Dallas values them).

Given Dallas' relative inability to draft good DB's, it might show that's likely an area they need to change their scouting dept

We got Byron Jones at least.

No, he's 6'1" and scrawny. Wiry. Not terribly athletic. Doesn't matter; he wants to compete. I support him but we've talked about how the concerns. We had a concussion baseline done on him (one of the things we fucked up on with his brother, who was concussed playing hockey and still suffers from migraines). We'll see how it goes.

Lock him in the basement and make him start throwing a baseball left handed. You're sitting on a gold mine.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

They also have Davis listed at corner. As such, that's probably about right.

Good to see the thread is finally talking about football again.

We're all agreed that Latavius Murray is the best back in the league right?

2rv96JO.gif

NJtGvLG.gif

---------------------------------------------BG Trigger Warning!--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Cleveland will continue to Browns it up even if they sign players like Revis:

ctvCUdY.gif

I think you have a point but I feel they were rating Sean Davis as a cornerback. As a cornerback that's probably where he should go - Davis is a banger but as a cornerback he rated awfully - Steelers intend to play him at Safety.

Surprised more team aren't using the offense where the QB scrambles 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage and does a 180 spin pass 70 yard downfield

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Old update:

So the knee got worse at work today, now not only the front but the back is in pain. Had to go to a walk-in clinic. Since I'm seeing my family doctor on Thursday they gave me some inflammatories to take until then.

Feels bad man. :(

My tummy hurts : (

Sports radio in Philly was openly saying they would throw a shit fit if Carson Wentz didn't start this year, or was 3rd on the depth chart, basically. It's like they don't realize they are the problem. Only way I want to see hide or hair of Wentz is a) if it's a garbage time win or b) if Bradford looks absolutely awful. Still, even if it's garbage time, and Wentz is 3rd on the depth chart it would be dumb to make him active. I don't even want Carson Wentz in if he looks like Aaron Rodgers this year, as long as Bradford is playing competently. Team isn't going to the playoffs even if the QB is playing amazingly, not with shit tier receivers or nobodies at CB. If Bradford looks good they can trade him and at least recoup SOMETHING next year. If you don't play Bradford if he's performing decently you squander that opportunity. If (when) Bradford looks like garbage, then sure throw Wentz out there, but doing it any other way makes no sense.

No, Slo, I don't think you understand. I don't think I'm fit to make an avatar bet right now but we're waxing that Viking ass this year.

Not only is it personal and we're divisional rivals but you played us with Joe Lombardi offense both times last year early in the seaon. And trying to intentionally hurt Matthew Stafford and via post game interviews via (young) Vikings players made it seem like the Vikings are the Kings of the North.

My Lions fanaticism aside, our games against the Vikings are the two most important this year for a couple of years and you better believe Stafford didn't forget bitch Anthony Barr and we'll have the Jim Bob Cooter offense in place.

If we played today, current rosters, even in Minnesota:

Lions: 47
Vikings: 24

You pissed off Stafford and holy fuck he's going to drop 40 on your defense, easy.

Lmao.

Wanna go 0-3 on avatar bets? I'm open for business, just don't forget we made the bet afterwards :^]

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm sure philly's head coach will stand up to management when they pressure him to put Wentz in. /s

I don't really get why Lurie would ever bow to the idiotic local media. He could piss on the logo and games would still sell out, people would just bitch about shitty ownership while he laughed his way to the bank.

Old update:

So the knee got worse at work today, now not only the front but the back is in pain. Had to go to a walk-in clinic. Since I'm seeing my family doctor on Thursday they gave me some inflammatories to take until then.

Feels bad man. :(
Don't leave me with just Floy, I'm afraid he'll murder me :/

Top Bottom