• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

RBH

Old update:

So the knee got worse at work today, now not only the front but the back is in pain. Had to go to a walk-in clinic. Since I'm seeing my family doctor on Thursday they gave me some inflammatories to take until then.

Feels bad man. :(

What's the full story/history on your knee?

Slo

Old update:

So the knee got worse at work today, now not only the front but the back is in pain. Had to go to a walk-in clinic. Since I'm seeing my family doctor on Thursday they gave me some inflammatories to take until then.

You need a HurryCane.

cane-standing-on-own.jpg

MechDX

Old update:

Praying for you Kave. Justice will come down on BG for doing this to you.

Slo

I feel like the #Olds movement is at it's peak. I just want it known that I was #Old before it was cool to be #Old.

Hindl

My tummy hurts : (

Sports radio in Philly was openly saying they would throw a shit fit if Carson Wentz didn't start this year, or was 3rd on the depth chart, basically. It's like they don't realize they are the problem. Only way I want to see hide or hair of Wentz is a) if it's a garbage time win or b) if Bradford looks absolutely awful. Still, even if it's garbage time, and Wentz is 3rd on the depth chart it would be dumb to make him active. I don't even want Carson Wentz in if he looks like Aaron Rodgers this year, as long as Bradford is playing competently. Team isn't going to the playoffs even if the QB is playing amazingly, not with shit tier receivers or nobodies at CB. If Bradford looks good they can trade him and at least recoup SOMETHING next year. If you don't play Bradford if he's performing decently you squander that opportunity. If (when) Bradford looks like garbage, then sure throw Wentz out there, but doing it any other way makes no sense.

Philly sports radio never knows what they're talking about. Optimally I'd like for Wentz to get thrown in during Week 14 if he needs to play this year. By that time the Eagles will have been coming off of games @Seattle, GB, and @Cincinnati, that should be the death knell for any playoff hopes. Then, we have @BAL and wrap up the season with 3 home games against the rest of the NFC East. Let Wentz play against decent competition and his biggest 3 rivals for the foreseeable future to gain learning experience where it doesn't matter. I really don't want to throw him to the wolves against the Seahawks, Packers or Bengals though

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thanks guys, even to the ones who say I should be put down :jnc

What's the full story/history on your knee?

Thursday night playing baseball, hit a ball off the outfield wall, easily jogged into second. When I got there suddenly my knee started hurting and I limped off.

Over the weekend rested, elevated it, iced it up as much as possible.

Today went into work to see if I could get through the day. Around noon stood up for lunch and felt a pop in the back of the knee. After about 10 minutes was able to put some weight on it to limp off to the walk-in clinic.

Before this have never really had any issues with my knees before. Just the odd soreness here and there but nothing ever serious.

RBH

No interest in Radiology? If I could go back, I'd have gone to school for that. You don't have to deal with patients, and it's generally accepted that rads are assholes and can treat their staff like shit. Also dollars.

Dream job

Money is not as good as it used to be for Rads. Staring at images all day bores me as well. Just too narrow of a field for me.

BigAT

Thursday night playing baseball, hit a ball off the outfield wall, easily jogged into second. When I got there suddenly my knee started hurting and I limped off.

Today went into work to see if I could get through the day. Around noon stood up for lunch and felt a pop in the back of the knee. After about 10 minutes was able to put some weight on it to limp off to the walk-in clinic.

Before this have never really had any issues with my knees before. Just the odd soreness here and there but nothing ever serious.

Well there's your problem. You went to the walk-in clinic when clearly you should have gone to the limp-in clinic.
emot-smug.gif

RBH

Gotcha. I imagine they'll do a few maneuvers to check for any meniscal or ligamentous injury, along with an XR to rule out anything going on with the bone or if there's any widening of the joints (which is typical of everyone as we get older). Any swelling or warmth around your knee? Are you able to easily flex and extend your knee/leg? Does sitting down for long periods of time or walking up stairs make it worse?

bionic77

Kave! Get acupuncture, I had my biweekly treatment today and back is feeling wonderful.

Wonderful = slightly less shitty
Acupuncture won't do jack shit for bad knees.

His problem is either inflammation or something internal.

He has already rested it. If he doesn't have something torn I would suggest slowly stretching it and then starting light exercise on the bike and working your way up to squats. If the knee is bad use less weights. Even body squats will work if you do enough of that. Build up those muscles to out less stress on the knees.

Damn, had bad stomach aches last night, finally puked twice but now I'm just waiting for the muscle aches to stop and the chills. Stupid virus. :v if I die, I leave my collection of anime memorabilia to be shared between members of nflgaf

Damn, had bad stomach aches last night, finally puked twice but now I'm just waiting for the muscle aches to stop and the chills. Stupid virus. :v if I die, I leave my collection of anime memorabilia to be shared between members of nflgaf

It will all be randomly distributed to gata

He must learn

get well soon friend

Top Bottom