• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

brentech

wasn't the packers drive against the cards in the playoffs like 108 yards or something (because of penalty)? or are the stats above for regular season only?

Yeah, I did regular season only - but also that wasn't a 7 minute drive. Was doing the stats for long sustained drives, settled on 7 minutes.

Pro Football FocusVerified account
‏@PFF
Top-graded NFL LBs in coverage last season:

1. Luke Kuechly, Panthers (99.5)
2. Sean Lee, Cowboys (94.7)
3. Anthony Barr, Vikings (92.4)

Slo

Alexa, scrub all the political shit off of my Facebook feed.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand how to do that."

*Throws Amazon Echo in the garbage.*

Playing around with this python API called 'nflgame'. This guy did a lot of work to pull stats from NFL.com's GameCast JSON files. Just a free API he made for people to use/modify for whatever purpose they can find for it.

Lot of stats you can work with, but I decided to see how teams did if they had a drive of 7 minutes or more in the 2015 season. Initially I looked at 5 minute drives, but there was too many data points with nearly 700 drives meeting the criteria. So here we go.

Code:
-There was (145) seven minute drives during the 2015 season.

Washington (10) & Cleveland (9) lead the league in such drives.
-All of Washington's drives ended with a FG/TD. Two of Cleveland's drives ended with a turnover.

2 teams had no such drives:
-Philadelphia and Miami

6 teams with just two such drives:
-Buffalo, Houston, Oakland, San Francisco, St Louis, and Tennessee.

Only one drive over 7 minutes ended because of the end of half or game.
-Detroit stalled on their opponent's 3 yard line after a 7min31s drive that took them 66 yards over 18 plays; the game ended.

Highest play count: 25
Lowest play count: 12

Longest Drive: 104yds (Houston, touchdown)
Shortest Drive: 35 yds (Tied: Cinci INT - Min PUNT)

Best starting field position: Denver (started at their own 49 yard line, drove for 7m18s, but ended with a FG)

Breakdown of drive endings:
-Field Goals: 60
-Touchdown: 57
-Interception: 8
-Turnover on Downs: 6
-Fumble: 5
-Punt: 4
-Blocked FG: 2
-Missed FG: 2
-End of game: 1
Cool, I was looking for a reliable PBP stats source for 2015.

Sanjuro

Anyone playing any games tonight?

I got my desk chair butt cushion and ready to put it to the test!

91W3oyZ8x7L._SL1500_.jpg

cdyhybrid

Someone recommend me a good office chair with armrests and mesh backing or something so I don't sweat my ass off during the summer.

If it didn't cost a billion dollars that would be pretty neat too.

Tamanon

Banned
Day 4 in Cancun. The amount of juicy Mexican booty everywhere is insane. Gotta keep from being caught rubbernecking by my wife. Downtown Cancun is kinda bring and expensive though compared to the tales. Only 4 or 5 clubs that all look the same and overpriced CocoBongo.

Hindl

I ain't drinking no damn peanut butter flavored liquor

Even I have limits mafucka

I never knew such a concoction existed.

You should explore the pinnacle brand. They have cookie dough vodka, caramel vodka, cake vodka and even Swedish fish vodka. Shit got weird and its all horrible

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Coronas by the pool is still the best. Got pizza on the way now too.... aww yiss.

The only bad thing is 2 Broke Girls is on in the background and that is the worst show. Jesus fuck.

brentech

Playing around with this python API called 'nflgame'. This guy did a lot of work to pull stats from NFL.com's GameCast JSON files. Just a free API he made for people to use/modify for whatever purpose they can find for it.

Lot of stats you can work with, but I decided to see how teams did if they had a drive of 7 minutes or more in the 2015 season. Initially I looked at 5 minute drives, but there was too many data points with nearly 700 drives meeting the criteria. So here we go.

Code:
-There was (145) seven minute drives during the 2015 season.

Washington (10) & Cleveland (9) lead the league in such drives.
-All of Washington's drives ended with a FG/TD. Two of Cleveland's drives ended with a turnover.

2 teams had no such drives:
-Philadelphia and Miami

6 teams with just two such drives:
-Buffalo, Houston, Oakland, San Francisco, St Louis, and Tennessee.

Only one drive over 7 minutes ended because of the end of half or game.
-Detroit stalled on their opponent's 3 yard line after a 7min31s drive that took them 66 yards over 18 plays; the game ended.

Highest play count: 25
Lowest play count: 12

Longest Drive: 104yds (Houston, touchdown)
Shortest Drive: 35 yds (Tied: Cinci INT - Min PUNT)

Best starting field position: Denver (started at their own 49 yard line, drove for 7m18s, but ended with a FG)

Breakdown of drive endings:
-Field Goals: 60
-Touchdown: 57
-Interception: 8
-Turnover on Downs: 6
-Fumble: 5
-Punt: 4
-Blocked FG: 2
-Missed FG: 2
-End of game: 1

Doing a search on the post season, there was only a single drive that lasted 7 minutes and it ended in a punt.
Code:
Team MIN : First Downs 3 : Result Punt : Total Yds 38 : Penalty Yds 5 : Play Count 15 : Possession Time 7:05 (425 seconds) : From OWN 12 Until OPP 45

So the difference in women at Target and Wal-Mart is like the difference between those in rap videos and gatas kin at a family reunion, my goodness

Reese is taking a Dolphin LB and trying to improve the Giants LB group!

:(

Well....maybe with decent coaches they might actually be good

Y'all are just mean.

Peanut Butter vodka is delicious. Okay so it didn't pair well with Vitamin water. (I thought with grape vitamin water it'd be good.) It was a disappointment. But I'm a Browns fan. So, I kinda feel like I deserve it. My current, favorite vodka is Red White and Berry from Smirnoff. It tastes like a Red, White and Blue Popsicle.

Also, there are a lot of good combinations that people need to be brave and try. Marshmallow vodka and pineapple juice. Chocolate vodka and and V8 Splash. Also, chocolate vodka and Dr. Pepper.

And, yes, pizza is gross. Unless its the salad pizza from California Pizza Kitchen.

Slo

Y'all are just mean.

Peanut Butter vodka is delicious. Okay so it didn't pair well with Vitamin water. (I thought with grape vitamin water it'd be good.) It was a disappointment. But I'm a Browns fan. So, I kinda feel like I deserve it. My current, favorite vodka is Red White and Berry from Smirnoff. It tastes like a Red, White and Blue Popsicle.

Also, there are a lot of good combinations that people need to be brave and try. Marshmallow vodka and pineapple juice. Chocolate vodka and and V8 Splash. Also, chocolate vodka and Dr. Pepper.

And, yes, pizza is gross. Unless its the salad pizza from California Pizza Kitchen.

I think I've spotted ez's alt.

Top Bottom