• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Bread

Banned
Lol how is that not a good look for Brock? Elway was cocky and didn't consider that Brock might have been hurt by the benching when it was pretty obvious that he was the superior player to PeyPey.

I know they just won a Super Bowl but the sheer blindness to how Elway handled this off season is mind boggling.

Enjoy Sanchez, Semen and the Backstreet Boy.

How is it Elway's fault? Elway could have tried signing him earlier but Brock got butthurt that he got benched and decided not to return Elway's calls. Not much you can do about that.

Either way, Houston plays in Denver this year and Brock is going to get donged.

Lol how is that not a good look for Brock? Elway was cocky and didn't consider that Brock might have been hurt by the benching when it was pretty obvious that he was the superior player to PeyPey.

Bruh:

160612_ringCP.jpg

jmdajr

Benjamin Allbright, member of Denver media, goes on 610 Mad Radio this morning and drops some truth bombs about the Oz contract

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2016/07/26/the-broncos-didnt-lose-osweiler-over-money/

Keys:

1) Had an 18.5 million offer ready but Brock didnt take their call
2) Elway wasnt too concerned and though it was a no brainer OZ would re-sign.
3) College roommate with Elways son and stayed at the Elway house when he arrived in Denver
4) Brock felt the team transitioned to him as starter and was completely caught off guard with the benching after the SD game.
5) Franchise tag was never considered for Brock since Elway was confident he would re-sign
6) Texans have been trying to trade for Brock the past 1.5 years and were shot down every time

Thanks for The Summary.

In other words, WE GOING TO THE SUPAH BOWL!

Hindl

I'm waiting for the gimmick from the NX. I'm not sure if I believe a future is coming where Nintendo just goes standard controls and that's it. I fucking hated the waggle for the kinds of games that I like to play but I just know that there's something yet to be unveiled here.

I think the gimmick is the hybrid concept. You take it on the go and then you can dock it for more power and detached controllers. More power of course still being slightly below the XB1 but still

Are shiny's that important?

Have you seen the way people lose their shit over hats and skins over the years?

MechDX

How is it Elway's fault? Elway could have tried signing him earlier but Brock got butthurt that he got benched and decided not to return Elway's calls. Not much you can do about that.

Either way, Houston plays in Denver this year and Brock is going to get donged.

]

How about not waiting until after the combine to make a first offer? How about you know, actually approaching they guy you tapped as your future franchise QB right after the season ended? Not act like a petulant child after the same guy walks away "We only want players who want to be a Bronco!"?

Honestly I wouldnt give as much a damn about this if it wasnt for the pure hatred and venom that has been pushed at Osweiler since he left. Its kind of hard to avoid when the Elway blowhards hit up every Texans message board I post at to share their insight on how bad he was. Need I mention the very spiteful message posted at broncos.com right after Oz left and quickly pulled

I dont know if he will be any good here, no one does.
Well unless you are an Elway ball sucker cough....LaCanfora...cough
Personally I was more on the give Savage a chance train.

Line_HTX

The whole offseason is summed up by Broncos fans not letting go and making skipping the White House visit a crime.

They really have turned to insufferable sour patches.

Tom Penny

It is not innovative but it makes sense with current tech. Especially for Nintendo as now they only have to support one platform. They actually have enough talent to support one platform in a way that might exceed what you see on the other consoles. They still have to pull it off but it makes sense.

I am hoping the Ravens do the deed so they retaliate against them. Burfict has a lot of blood on his hands. I would be surprised if he makes it through the season.
Nah gutshot said it best. Why not just make smartphone games since they are already held by hundreds of millions of people and make a killing. I've always thought they should scrap consoles and be a next gen game developer instead too.

MechDX

I feel like this is a good time to bring this up again

Yes because Kubiaks run first, no audibles, no changes at the line offense is just like the Earhardt-Perkins Offense......

Either way Super Bowl Champion Brock Osweiler >>>>>>>>>> Marino,Tannehill and Tony "Glass shoulder" Romo.

Bread

Banned
Yes because Kubiaks run first, no audibles, no changes at the line offense is just like the Earhardt-Perkins Offense......

Either way Super Bowl Champion Brock Osweiler >>>>>>>>>> Marino,Tannehill and Tony "Glass shoulder" Romo.
Our Texans have a franchise quarterback and our rival Cowboy fan Creeps Trejo can't admit it!

How about not waiting until after the combine to make a first offer? How about you know, actually approaching they guy you tapped as your future franchise QB right after the season ended? Not act like a petulant child after the same guy walks away "We only want players who want to be a Bronco!"?

Honestly I wouldnt give as much a damn about this if it wasnt for the pure hatred and venom that has been pushed at Osweiler since he left. Its kind of hard to avoid when the Elway blowhards hit up every Texans message board I post at to share their insight on how bad he was. Need I mention the very spiteful message posted at broncos.com right after Oz left and quickly pulled

I dont know if he will be any good here, no one does.
Well unless you are an Elway ball sucker cough....LaCanfora...cough
Personally I was more on the give Savage a chance train.

Again, that's the only thing Elway did wrong. He let Peyton Manning, a living legend in the sport, have the time necessary to decide what to do next before offering Brock a new contract.

Let's not act like Brock was playing really well in that game he got pulled. The guy gave up three turnovers. One I know was an unlucky bounce that basically hit a receivers hands and got deflected straight to a defender.

The bottom line is that Elway shouldn't have to worry about the feelings of grown ass men. Brock felt bad that he got benched? Maybe Elway could have given him a lolly and stroked his head while Os fell asleep that night?

Like I said, the Broncos defense will extract some revenge on him when he comes to town this season.

how is this at all relevant to what i said

Of course he was the superior player but Peyton Manning deserves that shot. If you think that a guy like Brock is going to be playing in a game when the offense has given up shitloads of turnovers, is behind on the scoreboard and needs a win to seal up home field advantage while the rotting copse of Peyton Manning is on the bench, you got another thing coming. If you do what Peyton did in the NFL for as long as he did it, you have to be playing exceptionally well to fend him off as your back-up. That's life.

Nah gutshot said it best. Why not just make smartphone games since they are already held by hundreds of millions of people and make a killing. I've always thought they should scrap consoles and be a next gen game developer instead too.

The last thing Nintendo should do is confine themselves to one specific control method forever and ever amen.

Nintendo has proven for generations that they're at their best when they're pushing the boundaries of gaming. When they stagnate and just shit out sequels they suffer.

dionysus

Yaldog
Elway, the most successful GM in recent memory.

Rick Smith, mediocre to plain bad GM for the last decade.

Rick Smith + Kubiak = mediocre to bad coach/GM combo.

Elway + Kubiak = Superbowl winning combination.

Spot the difference.

mechdx said:
I know they just won a Super Bowl but the sheer blindness to how Elway handled this off season is mind boggling.

Enjoy Sanchez, Semen and the Backstreet Boy.

Hmm.

MechDX

Elway, the most successful GM in recent memory.

Rick Smith, mediocre to plain bad GM for the last decade.

Rick Smith + Kubiak = mediocre to bad coach/GM combo.

Elway + Kubiak Wade Philips Defense = Superbowl winning combination.

Spot the difference.

Hmm.

FTFY

dionysus

Yaldog

Well I share some of your love for the largely unappreciated Wade Phillips, especially as a DC.

But I don't see your point because Wade was DC for Kubiak at the Texans too.

All evidence points to Elway being a great GM, maximizing the talents of those under him and putting them in a position to succeed, including Kubiak and Phillips.

dionysus

Yaldog
Sure.

peyton-manning-second.jpg

Found it!

I don't see it. Manning in the superbowl was terrible, just the Broncos defense made Newton and his receivers look even worse. Manning through the entire season was bad to average depending on the game.

And funny enough, even though this hurts my argument, apparently Rick Smith wanted Manning at Houston but Kubiak killed it.

I don't see it. Manning in the superbowl was terrible, just the Broncos defense made Newton and his receivers look even worse. Manning through the entire season was bad to average depending on the game.

And funny enough, even though this hurts my argument, apparently Rick Smith wanted Manning at Houston but Kubiak killed it.

You're right. They should have put Brock Osweiller in.

gutshot

Pokemon GO is just the beginning of Nintendo smartphone games. Pokemon is more of a second party IP. Mario is on his way to smartphones as well.

3DS wasn't the juggernaut that the DS was but it was still and is still considered pretty successful.

The home console market just doesn't seem to have room for another platform imo. This is the best way for Nintendo to be that second console option while still doing what they've always been best at. Making and supporting a handheld platform. No one has come close to dominating that market like they have (sans smartphone games), which is a totally different beast all together. They don't need to get into power wars with Sony and MS. I think this is a good move if the tech is good.

There's even less room for handheld gaming devices. Smartphones have completely changed the game. Who is going to want to buy a (probably) $200 device that only plays games? Something with less functionality and less powerful hardware than their smartphone? Oh, and you'll also have to carry around a bunch of cartridges with it to actually play the games. How quaint!

The whole concept of a gaming handheld is just hopelessly outdated in 2016. You have people walking around already with a $600-$800 device. Just release your games for that! Instead they are going to make a gimped device to keep the costs down. Oh, and as an added bonus, it will also be a gimped home console as well. Brilliant plan!

MechDX

Well I share some of your love for the largely unappreciated Wade Phillips, especially as a DC.

But I don't see your point because Wade was DC for Kubiak at the Texans too.

All evidence points to Elway being a great GM, maximizing the talents of those under him and putting them in a position to succeed, including Kubiak and Phillips.

How did Kubiaks offense help this season at all? Seriously. I told Godslay when Gary was hired that Elway needed to keep Kubiak in check because there are only two sure things with him: he is extremely conservative with his offense and his loyalty to players is absurd. Gary is not a developer of players

Wade's defense is always great in his first year. His first year here, in 2011, the Texans defense was ridiculous. That teams downfall was Gary forcing a then rookie QB, playing because Schaub had his foot eaten by Haynesworth, TJ yates constantly throwing the ball to Andre Johnson in double and triple coverage in a playoff game because of his damn "player loyalty" and despite Arian Foster playing ridiculous against the Ravens defense.

That loyalty was his downfall in 2013 when he kept rolling Schaub back out there week after week even after being told not to in week 14 by the owner.

Bread

Banned
Of course he was the superior player but Peyton Manning deserves that shot. If you think that a guy like Brock is going to be playing in a game when the offense has given up shitloads of turnovers, is behind on the scoreboard and needs a win to seal up home field advantage while the rotting copse of Peyton Manning is on the bench, you got another thing coming. If you do what Peyton did in the NFL for as long as he did it, you have to be playing exceptionally well to fend him off as your back-up. That's life.
Still, this doesn't really matter. Brock felt betrayed as he was the clear better QB on the roster and leading the team to victories. Why would he go back to a team that didn't value him the way Houston did.

Draxal

Nintendo will go exclusively mobile before going on other consoles.

dionysus

Yaldog
How did Kubiaks offense help this season at all? Seriously. I told Godslay when Gary was hired that Elway needed to keep Kubiak in check because there are only two sure things with him: he is extremely conservative with his offense and his loyalty to players is absurd. Gary is not a developer of players

Wade's defense is always great in his first year. His first year here, in 2011, the Texans defense was ridiculous. That teams downfall was Gary forcing a then rookie QB, playing because Schaub had his foot eaten by Haynesworth, TJ yates constantly throwing the ball to Andre Johnson in double and triple coverage in a playoff game because of his damn "player loyalty" and despite Arian Foster playing ridiculous against the Ravens defense.

That loyalty was his downfall in 2013 when he kept rolling Schaub back out there week after week even after being told not to in week 14 by the owner.

I've actually lost track of where we are disagreeing. Originally I was just arguing that Elway is a great GM so far when you criticized him for letting Brock walk. And it appears that Brock was just completely done with the Broncos and he had no shot at keeping him.

On Kubiak, I think we completely agree.
+Has a pretty good offense
+If power is limited by GM and DC, makes a good head coach
-Too loyal
-Rigid in game planning, refuses to make adjustments. Some times outcoached during the actual game.

For Kubiak, he should not have control over the roster. He is also likely to get worse as time goes on as he will show loyalty to older players and keep them starters when he should have developed and started younger players.

Draxal

There's even less room for handheld gaming devices. Smartphones have completely changed the game. Who is going to want to buy a (probably) $200 device that only plays games? Something with less functionality and less powerful hardware than their smartphone? Oh, and you'll also have to carry around a bunch of cartridges with it to actually play the games. How quaint!

The whole concept of a gaming handheld is just hopelessly outdated in 2016. You have people walking around already with a $600-$800 device. Just release your games for that! Instead they are going to make a gimped device to keep the costs down. Oh, and as an added bonus, it will also be a gimped home console as well. Brilliant plan!

There is zero room for a third console.

Top Bottom