• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

FOOTBALL!

sec99.gif

LOL Line being exposed

Milchjon

Are you Romo, Stafford, or Jameis?

I'd ask if you were Freeman, but Freeman would never be satisfied with just two.

Dunno, I'm eating way too little right now. Yesterday I think I pretty much only had a big plate of pasta all day, despite running about 9k etc.

So I'm good.

Milchjon

Canadian Man Sorry for Chugging Eight Beers and Swimming to Detroit

John Morillo, a 47-year-old Canadian man, apologized today for causing an international incident last night when he drank eight beers and then swam across the Detroit River, just to prove to his friends he could.

Speaking to the Windsor Star after being released from jail this morning, Morillo said in retrospect it was "really stupid" of him to drunkenly swim across the river, but not without adding that he wanted his incredulous buddies to know he'd pulled it off (emphasis ours):

If I’m going to be in the paper, I’d at least like them to say I actually made it, even though I got in trouble and everything. I gotta pay fines and stuff. But I don’t want it to sound like I didn’t make it, because then my buddies are going to say 'ha, ha, you didn’t make it.' Because that was the whole thing, to show them I could do it.
Morillo's stunt launched a joint search mission between the Canadian and U.S. coast guards when his neighbor called the police after losing sight of him in the water. Rescue efforts included three boats and a helicopter. Morillo, who calls himself a "strong swimmer," had made it across the river and was on his way back when the U.S. Coast Guard found him floating on the Canadian side at around 1 AM, two hours after he'd initially entered the water.

Windsor authorities have banned Morillo from all waterfront city property and will fine him $5,000 for swimming in a shipping channel. Exacerbating everything, Morillo, who was ultimately charged with being intoxicated in public, says his mom is very mad at him. "She just hung up on me," Morillo told the Star. "She said 'you’re just so stupid.'"

Edit: Malcolm Butler still makes me cry.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Newest Lions WR Marvin Jones starts training camp with flair

Calvin who?

OK, OK. It’s way too early for that. But after some of the catches Detroit Lions receiver Marvin Jones made the first three days of training camp, there’s a chance the team will be able to move past the memory of Calvin Johnson’s greatness sooner rather than later.

“It was just a good throw, you know?” Jones said of Matthew Stafford’s pass. “It was a good throw. It was tightly contested. (Slay) does a good job. As much as we go (against) each other, the better we’re going to make each other.”

But it’s more than that. Jones seems to have already developed chemistry with Stafford and he has also proved to be versatile.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...it-lions-marvin-jones-training-camp/87901092/

Video of the perfect pass and catch at Pride of Detroit. Slay played the pass and read perfectly, Stafford just threw a perfect pass.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...-lions-training-camp-2016-photos-videos-day-3

The thing is, as good as Marvin Jones is, I still think Golden Tate III is a Top 10 WR in the NFL. And you still have Eric Ebron who has matured and grown a report with Stafford.

What is going to separate this Lions team from going 9-7 vs. 12-4 will be the offensive line.

Riley Reiff, our RT, apparantly broke two facemasks in drills. Taylor Decker, our rookie LT from Ohio State has done OK, but I'd rather start the rookie at RT and see what happens from there. Riley Reiff has experience at LT so start with him Week 1 and put Taylor Decker at RT.

The interior of the offensive line, especially Center, is a toss up and a mess and hopefully gets resolved by preseason.

If it doesn't I'm convinced the Lions franchise as a whole is stuck in purgatory. Everything is in place but the interior of the offensive line.

If this thread had a football skills competition, I think I'd have a pretty good shot. At least before gata slashed my Achilles in the finals

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's a horrible style. You can play dirty and I'll be Sean Lee-esque.

That's called rough and tough defensive style before concussion protocols were put in place and Roger Godell decided to fine defenders for basic tackles.

And if you played like Sean Lee you wouldn't be playing.

That's called rough and tough defensive style before concussion protocols were put in place and Roger Godell decided to fine defenders for basic tackles.

And if you played like Sean Lee you wouldn't be playing.

Hey I'd be playing at least one play before I got a concussion!

If nothing else this new Pokemon trailer proves that the Chinese leaks for the final evo's of the starters are true. Rowlet keeps on winning, though DM will be taking Litten for sure.

What's happening there? Too lazy to wade into it. Recap?

Some guy paid $1200 for a copy of No Man's Sky, found an item that he could sell for a buttload of cash which made it easy for him to upgrade all his stuff and get to the centre of the galaxy in around 35 hours.

Everybody is losing their minds and going through different levels of denial or rage and it's all amazing.

If the leak is legit then there needs to be a day one patch to fix a few things like upgrading items because the leaker claims that the more he upgraded his tools, the worse they got. Ships don't seem to improve either, so by the end his suit had a greater carrying capacity than the ship. Large sea creatures spawn stuck in shallow water. That kind of thing.

Reddit mods then claimed the leaker was playing an unfinished demo version and not the retail one because I don't know why.

Some dude from OperationSports popped up claiming he's the one that sold the game to the leaker.

No idea what happened next because I'm still going through the thread, I don't want to miss anything because it's all gold.

Spoilers for reaching the centre of the galaxy:

Apparently it transports you to another galaxy like a NG+

Top Bottom