• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-baltimore-ravens-1784641312

Our season went so poorly last year that the front office felt signing Trent Richardson could be an improvement.
We lost to the fucking Jaguars AND the fucking Raiders AND the fucking Browns
I was all prepared to write something about how John Harbaugh is a toned down but probably the more crazy of the two Harbaughs, or how Ravens fans shit unnecessarily all over the best QB the city has had since Johnny U, or how much of a piece of shit Suggs is, or any of the myriad things the franchise has done wrong over the past 20 years. But, honestly, I don’t care. The NFL is such a monstrously shitty entity that I’ve gone past hate to apathy. Pointing out all this stuff isn’t even fun anymore. It’s like making fun of a clown. What’s the goddamn point?

bionic77

I am a person. A human being.

Thank you Bionic. After this young ruffians harsh words, I've felt threatened, depressed and I fear for my life. I don't feel safe. Do you think we have a case?
I would file the suit today if I thought there was something of value to be taken from these evil people.

The problem is that poor people are well insulated from law suits now that we don't have debtors prison. Once I got a jury to declare these Pats fans to be terrorists and goons who have irreparably harmed you, we still have the problem of collecting on the judgment. I am sure there are some successful Pats fans out there, and if you can give me their address I will gladly serve a complaint on them, but the ones we get at NeoGAF are the mobile home, no car having, shirtless type of poor. These poors don't have 4 dollars in their bank account let alone 4 figures (and I am usually looking for 6-8 personally).

The smart thing to do is to entrap them into something illegal and have the police find out about it. I hear these Pats fans are weak for prostitutes and are weird about sharing them. I figure if we can order a single prostitute for the lot of them and send the police there on a noise complaint everything will soon take care of itself.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2016/0...day-1-in-his-competition-with-blaine-gabbert/

Colin Kaepernick won the first day of training camp in his competition with Blaine Gabbert. A still trim Kaepernick was frightfully accurate in passing and team drills to open his dual for the starting quarterback job Sunday with incumbent Gabbert.

Highlights included a threaded pass over a defender to wide receiver DeAndrew White during 7 on 7 drills. One pass later, Kaepernick threw a tight 10-yard pass to tight end Vance McDonald that was aimed away from the defender. Kaepernick did throw an interception, after running through his progression, he threw into the left flat and right to corner Keith Reaser.

Kaepernick’s accuracy waned as practice continued, especially in team drills, when he grounded his last pass in the flat, again to the left side.

Gabbert missed some throws and had some miscommunications. He continued to struggle on passes to his left, which was evident during off-season workouts. However, the disparity in the two players’ throwing motions was almost drastic – Gabbert gets rid of the ball, seemingly, twice as fast as Kaepernick.

New coach Chip Kelly’s rapid offense was also on display on day one, with plenty of quick throws, roll-outs, play-action, and zone-blocking runs – the standard Kelly stuff. Practice was lively and players where still in a full sweat when they reached the media tent long after practice ended.

Spinluck

SMH at the complaints that 35 hours for a video game is too short.

There is no way this is a complaint... lol.

Fuck, at that length I probably won't even beat it :/

EDIT: Why is game length such a big deal? This has always confused me. I rather have a tightly designed and focused game, that I can beat in a good amount of time and revisit in the future. Than some long ass drawn out game, that eventually tires you out on all of its mechanics and appeal. Of course, good design is good design no matter how long the game is.

Syrinx

Wouldn't procedurally generated content give the game replay value anyway? 35 hours plus replay value is an enormous amount of time assuming it ends up being decent.

There is no way this is a complaint... lol.

Fuck, at that length I probably won't even beat it :/

EDIT: Why is game length such a big deal? This has always confused me. I rather have a tightly designed and focused game, that I can beat in a good amount of time and revisit in the future. Than some long ass drawn out game, that eventually tires you out on all of its mechanics and appeal. Of course, good design is good design no matter how long the game is.

Considering I replayed all of Witcher 3 again from the beginning before getting to Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, I basically want to spend less than 15 hours per game for like the next year. Playing huge games is very overwhelming, even when you're having a blast with them. I've got like 360 hours logged in Witcher 3. Feed me short games pls.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I don't know but it's a mystery to me that gamers bitch about game length when most hardcore gamers have more games than they can play. More so if you like to go back and play old stuff again after a few years.

Very few games have the robustness of a Skyrim or a Witcher 3 where it's ridiculous in length but you never want it to end.

Seriously, if you have a steam account and have participated in any of the Steam sales, you probably already have more games than you could ever play.

Fantomex

I would file the suit today if I thought there was something of value to be taken from these evil people.

The problem is that poor people are well insulated from law suits now that we don't have debtors prison. Once I got a jury to declare these Pats fans to be terrorists and goons who have irreparably harmed you, we still have the problem of collecting on the judgment. I am sure there are some successful Pats fans out there, and if you can give me their address I will gladly serve a complaint on them, but the ones we get at NeoGAF are the mobile home, no car having, shirtless type of poor. These poors don't have 4 dollars in their bank account let alone 4 figures (and I am usually looking for 6-8 personally).

The smart thing to do is to entrap them into something illegal and have the police find out about it. I hear these Pats fans are weak for prostitutes and are weird about sharing them. I figure if we can order a single prostitute for the lot of them and send the police there on a noise complaint everything will soon take care of itself.

Bionic: A Real Hero To Us All. God bless you brother.

usa-american-flag-waving-animated-gif-21.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
FINALLY!!

A Popeye's has opened 5 minutes from my office. Previously, the nearest was 30+ minutes away.

I am jealous. I just moved to Western Slope Colorado from food heaven Houston. There isn't a Popeyes any where near me. Actually, there isn't any good fast food period. The best we got is Carls Jr. How has this state not generated any good regional fast food! How?! How can anyone be satisfied with Taco Bell, Wendy's, McD, BK, and Sonic as the only choices?

I think I am going to become a Popeye's franchisee.

Colorado's quality of life is >>>>>> Texas.

Spinluck

Considering I replayed all of Witcher 3 again from the beginning before getting to Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, I basically want to spend less than 15 hours per game for like the next year. Playing huge games is very overwhelming, even when you're having a blast with them. I've got like 360 hours logged in Witcher 3. Feed me short games pls.

Witcher 3 is awesome though. But the gameplay wasn't really the biggest draw for me. At the same time it didn't hurt the experience either. I haven't completed it, but I play it from time to time.

I don't know but it's a mystery to me that gamers bitch about game length when most hardcore gamers have more games than they can play. More so if you like to go back and play old stuff again after a few years.

Very few games have the robustness of a Skyrim or a Witcher 3 where it's ridiculous in length but you never want it to end.

Seriously, if you have a steam account and have participated in any of the Steam sales, you probably already have more games than you could ever play.

Yeah, I have so much shit from Steam sales, most of them I will never play :'(.

Witcher 3 is awesome though. But the gameplay wasn't really the biggest draw for me. At the same time it didn't hurt the experience either. I haven't completed it, but I play it from time to time.

I just finished the main Blood and Wine content last night. Just a small handful of side content to go, but I may skip it. It's shit like collecting crafting recipes and some points of interest. Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine were essentially good enough to be games in their own right. I'm probably going to wrap up the few things I care about tonight and say goodbye to Witcher 3 again. Incredible experience. I think combat/gameplay is better on Death March, and the bosses in the expansions are vastly better than the main game.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am jealous. I just moved to Western Slope Colorado from food heaven Houston. There isn't a Popeyes any where near me. Actually, there isn't any good fast food period. The best we got is Carls Jr. How has this state not generated any good regional fast food! How?! How can anyone be satisfied with Taco Bell, Wendy's, McD, BK, and Sonic as the only choices?

I think I am going to become a Popeye's franchisee.

Colorado's quality of life is >>>>>> Texas.

Open a Popeye's/blunter dispensary. Easy money.

Video summary: Badford is spectacularly inaccurate. Sanchez is Sanchez. Some bad drops are mixed in there, too.

Glad you watched. It's 9 minutes of passes hitting receivers in the hands and them dropping it. I don't like Bradford overly much, but the drops were real. If they were spectacularly inaccurate they couldn't have been classified as drops, but whatevs.

jmdajr

Rams RB Tre Mason missing

Quick search...

“I haven’t personally spoken with Tre since the season ended,” Fisher said. “I tried numerous times to reach him. Tre has made a decision not to communicate with us, not to talk. Not talking to his teammates. Right now we’re more concerned about Tre Mason’s well-being than we are his football career.”

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ray Fittipaldo ‏@rayfitt1 7m7 minutes ago

Senquez Golson was carted off with trainer John Norwig. He disgustedly threw his helmet to the ground before being attended to.

4PPoXIT.gif

Bitanator

Now Tyrone Crawford is having back issues, man it is going to be like 2012 when we were sprinting out couch potatoes for our defense. This is going to be a long ass year if Cowboys get struck by the bad luck of getting turnovers like last year

Pepiope

Glad you watched. It's 9 minutes of passes hitting receivers in the hands and them dropping it. I don't like Bradford overly much, but the drops were real. If they were spectacularly inaccurate they couldn't have been classified as drops, but whatevs.
It's a problem he's had his entire career. I don't know if it's bad luck or what, but receivers don't catch for him. Granted all of his WRs suck, but it seems even in practice receivers drop his passes more than any other QB.

What we do know is he isn't a QB capable of elevating the players around him, so hopefully Wentz is that guy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CozW_iDWYAEChgl.jpg

Also:

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 39m39 minutes ago Latrobe, PA

Steelers will now wear Color Rush uniforms at home on Christmas day. Originally was set for thanksgiving in Indy. Will be black on black.

Western, CDY, Rando.. My parents are in Seattle and like going to good restaurants. What are a few places you three would recommend to out of towners?

CozW_iDWYAEChgl.jpg

Also:

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 39m39 minutes ago Latrobe, PA

Steelers will now wear Color Rush uniforms at home on Christmas day. Originally was set for thanksgiving in Indy. Will be black on black.

Germany needs to not embrace these hooligans.

Not really.
Idontbelieveyou.gif

Top Bottom