• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

DMczaf

LET'S HAVE A GREAT WEEK, FRIENDS

ITS MONDAY!

Tom Penny

Some guy paid $1200 for a copy of No Man's Sky, found an item that he could sell for a buttload of cash which made it easy for him to upgrade all his stuff and get to the centre of the galaxy in around 35 hours.

Everybody is losing their minds and going through different levels of denial or rage and it's all amazing.

If the leak is legit then there needs to be a day one patch to fix a few things like upgrading items because the leaker claims that the more he upgraded his tools, the worse they got. Ships don't seem to improve either, so by the end his suit had a greater carrying capacity than the ship. Large sea creatures spawn stuck in shallow water. That kind of thing.

Reddit mods then claimed the leaker was playing an unfinished demo version and not the retail one because I don't know why.

Some dude from OperationSports popped up claiming he's the one that sold the game to the leaker.

No idea what happened next because I'm still going through the thread, I don't want to miss anything because it's all gold.

Spoilers for reaching the centre of the galaxy:

Apparently it transports you to another galaxy like a NG+
anyone know what you do in the game?

I assume most of the people who get incredibly (dangerously) hyped must be young.

I've long since learned to not get caught and use common sense.

When someone throws out the "infinite worlds and possibilities! You can do everything!" You have to roll your eyes and say show me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Isn't it going to be something like Elite Dangerous? Fly around and do whatever - explore, trading, bounty hunting, pirating, etc. Open world space sim stuff. Dunno if there will even be any semblance of a story.

gutshot

Billy Davis has a very revealing interview about his time with Philly, particularly the struggles of the defense last season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...illy_Davis_wishes_he_were_a_happy_camper.html

On the late-season collapse:

"That was one of the biggest mysteries that I was trying to solve," Davis said. "How did we play so good in the first eight [games] and so bad in the last eight? Our confidence was rolling. Other than the Washington game [a 23-20 Week 4 loss] when they had that long [15-play, 90-yard] drive to beat us, we had a pretty solid [first] eight games.

"Then we had some injuries. DeMeco [Ryans]. Nolan Carroll. Jordan [Hicks]. Jordan's injury shouldn't have derailed us as much as it did. But we were really struggling with the linebackers covering the running backs and the tight ends. It poses a lot of problems when you can't get that matchup right."

On the linebackers:

"The pass defense wasn't near where it needed to be," said Davis, whose unit gave up a franchise-record 36 touchdown passes. "But it wasn't all secondary breakdowns. A lot of it was linebackers on running backs, and a couple linebackers on tight ends, that were driving me nuts.

"I thought that was going to be a strength. I thought it was something that wasn't going to be a problem. But Kiko [Alonso] had the knee [injury] and Mychal [Kendricks], sometimes Mychal kind of drifts on you at the wrong time. He makes some great plays, but there are other plays that hurt you."

On Byron Maxwell:

"We needed corners and we felt we had to do it," Davis said of Kelly's decision to give a guy with 17 career starts a $10 million-a-year contract.

"We knew exactly what he was. A long corner. Those long corners don't change directions and move as well [as smaller guys]. But there was so much [good] film on him, [playing] press technique and playing a side and getting a lot of balls thrown his way and being steady and consistent.

"I think a lot of people when you first deal with the no-huddle and how we practice, there's a mental change. I think he struggled with that initially as far as practicing the way we practiced and playing the number of snaps we played. It mentally caught up with him, which was one of the reasons I think it was a hard year for him.

"But there were other parts of it too. It's tough when you go from being a guy in the secondary to being the guy. You put more pressure on yourself. A couple of times, I had to calm him down and tell him to 'stop trying to make the plays to please the city of Philadelphia and make everybody like you. Just play the ball you played in Seattle. Play one down at a time and just do your job and cover your man and it'll all work out.' But I think sometimes he was just trying to do too much. It hurt us."

That was about as honest an interview you will read from an ex-coach or coordinator. Not sure how Maxwell and Kendricks will take it, but he is 100% right about both of them. He also downplays the effects Chip's up-tempo offense has on the D, but I do think that had a lot to do with their struggles in the second half of last season.

Isn't it going to be something like Elite Dangerous? Fly around and do whatever - explore, trading, bounty hunting, pirating, etc. Open world space sim stuff. Dunno if there will even be any semblance of a story.

I played like 70 hours of elite dangerous, and it had no story, and I still had a shitton of fun. Really cool game.

I assume most of the people who get incredibly (dangerously) hyped must be young.

I've long since learned to not get caught and use common sense.

When someone throws out the "infinite worlds and possibilities! You can do everything!" You have to roll your eyes and say show me.

See that mountain? You can go there!

:TomPenny:

Syrinx

Some guy paid $1200 for a copy of No Man's Sky, found an item that he could sell for a buttload of cash which made it easy for him to upgrade all his stuff and get to the centre of the galaxy in around 35 hours.

Everybody is losing their minds and going through different levels of denial or rage and it's all amazing.

If the leak is legit then there needs to be a day one patch to fix a few things like upgrading items because the leaker claims that the more he upgraded his tools, the worse they got. Ships don't seem to improve either, so by the end his suit had a greater carrying capacity than the ship. Large sea creatures spawn stuck in shallow water. That kind of thing.

Reddit mods then claimed the leaker was playing an unfinished demo version and not the retail one because I don't know why.

Some dude from OperationSports popped up claiming he's the one that sold the game to the leaker.

No idea what happened next because I'm still going through the thread, I don't want to miss anything because it's all gold.

Spoilers for reaching the centre of the galaxy:

Apparently it transports you to another galaxy like a NG+

I was wondering how a spoiler thread for a game with as seemingly little to spoil as NMS grew so huge. But I guess it makes sense if the spoiler is that the game sucks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tom Penny gets everyone eventually

I think NMS reviews in the 80s. I can't wait to play it but I'm not incredibly optimistic.

Bread

Banned
NMS doesn't interest me at all

whole thing felt gimmicky to me from the start
for sure, but it's at least a new gimmick. i could see it having zero replay value because of the lack of real diversity but it should be cool for a play through. i'll send you my copy when i'm done in exchange for your beads.

brentech

I spent a lot of time in Elite Dangerous just exploring. Based on that, I don't think I'll have any issue if there is literally nothing else of value in NMS to do.
BUT - I canceled my preorder when my ps4 disc drive started ejecting at random, so I'll wait for a review before purchasing digitally.
Even if all you want to do is get to the center, I think it should take longer than 35hr.

Bruce Irvin on Seahawks.

Q: Is there any motivating factor with Seattle letting you go?

Irvin: “It is what it is. You can’t pay everybody. I knew that when they started paying Russell [Wilson] and they started paying Bobby [Wagner]. Those guys deserved their deals, so I would never take that from them. It’s only so much. Football has a salary cap and you can’t pay everybody. When you win and when you win a lot of games, you win Super Bowls, guys are going to leave. Guys are going to go to a new system. Teams are going to come get your guys and try to see what they have going on up there. I understand the business side of it. I appreciate Seattle for the opportunity they gave me the last four years, but I’m in Oakland now and I couldn’t have been put in a better situation.”

Damn he seems to have mature a lot. Hope he kills it in Oakland.

dionysus

Yaldog
So what does No Man's Sky do that something like X3: Terran Conflict doesn't?

That reminds me, I should really give X Rebirth another shot. X games normally age really well as patches and the community tweak things.

Mindlog

SMH at the complaints that 35 hours for a video game is too short.
So what does No Man's Sky do that something like X3: Terran Conflict doesn't?

That reminds me, I should really give X Rebirth another shot. X games normally age really well as patches and the community tweak things.
Great point. I bought it, but never played the game for the same reason. I just forgot to go back and check out the updates.
Rick Stroud
‏@NFLSTROUD

#Bucs coach Dirk Koetter: “Let’s just end the big mystery about this No. 3 wide receiver. Adam Humphries is going to be our No. 3 (WR).''
mmmmmm
Jameis gonna eat.

Top Bottom