• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

I do find this funny. Shows what a facade all their "confidence" in RGIII is. McCown will probably be starting 2nd quarter of Week 1.
🤔 Considering all things and the Cowboys position I kinda find this post funny.

But unless Jerry wants to over pay don't think he'll be moved.

Looks like Suicide Squad is almost tied with BvS on RT. Sitting at 28%, just 1% higher.
Seeing it tomrw morning thanks to T-Mobile. Staying away from the reviews and threads before I see it though

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-pleased-with-the-way-Chip-Kelly-has-run-9070291.php

In Philadelphia, offensive tackle Lane Johnson called Chip Kelly a “dictator” and fellow lineman Jason Peters claimed Kelly “got rid” of any veteran who had the temerity to speak his mind.

In Santa Clara, however, Kelly used a democratic process last week before Anthony Davis returned to the team. Kelly consulted with a group of older players and solicited their opinions before the right tackle came back to the roster.

“He’s a big communications guy,” wide receiver Torrey Smith said. “So we’ve been able to have open dialogue with him, especially a lot of the older guys.”

In Philadelphia, cornerback Brandon Boykin charged that Kelly wordlessly would blow past players in the hallways, and owner Jeffrey Lurie made it clear that Kelly’s inability to connect with people led to his dismissal. After firing Kelly, whose relationship with general manager Howie Roseman became untenable, Lurie said he was seeking “emotional intelligence” in his next head coach.

Yes, the early days of Kelly’s first training camp with the 49ers have prompted a question: What’s going on here?

Has Kelly changed some of his methods after his 26-21 tenure in Philadelphia ended with a 6-9 record and a host of locker-room howling? Or, rather, was he misrepresented and misunderstood?

“It just depends on who you talk to,” Kelly said Tuesday. “I mean, you put 20 people in a room and you’re going to have 19 different opinions going one way or another about one other person. And some people are going to agree and they’re not going to agree. There are players, (Philadelphia defensive end) Connor Barwin, guys like that, that said I was a great communicator there.”

It’s not merely Barwin. Former Eagles safety Walter Thurmond was a staunch supporter who said some of the anti-Kelly sentiment was a case of players being “too sensitive.” Tight end Zach Ertz, a Stanford alum, said he had a normal coach-player relationship with Kelly, hailing his ability to maximize his potential and limit injuries with his focus on sports science.

And former Philadelphia quarterback Thad Lewis, who spent 2015 with Kelly, signed with the 49ers after Kelly was hired, partly based on his strong relationship with the head coach. On Tuesday, Lewis was asked if there was anything different about Kelly in his second NFL job.

“He always communicated with me in Philly and he always had great relationships with players,” Lewis said. “So I don’t think there’s anything different now. You’ve got to think about it: If you’re an older guy and you’re stuck in your ways, you don’t adapt to change. And you’re probably going to go against the grain.”

A prime example could be Peters, 34, who said last week that Kelly’s up-tempo practices ground him into dust in 2015.

Since the 49ers have reported for training camp, though, a popular topic has been Kelly’s player-friendly schedule. Kelly, who is fanatical about his players getting proper sleep, has scheduled the majority of the practices for 10:25 a.m., which will allow the 49ers to leave the facility at a reasonable hour.

The longest practices will be about two hours, and the summer schedule also will include 60- and 90-minute sessions.

“It’s going to the best camp schedule that I’ve been a part of,” Smith said. “We actually get to see daylight when we get out.”

Said safety Eric Reid: “The way Chip has our schedule, it’s unheard of. … A lot of coaches talk about recovery and how important it is to get sleep, but then you don’t get to the hotel until 11:30 (p.m.) and you’ve got to be back at 7 (a.m.).”

For his part, Kelly said his schedule is nothing new. In fact, it dates to his first head-coaching job seven years ago: “It’s the same thing we did at Oregon and the same thing I did in Philadelphia.”

With the Eagles, he required his players wear white socks. With the 49ers, there is no such restriction. With the Eagles, his players took daily urine tests to measure hydration, which some found intrusive. With the 49ers, there aren’t daily tests, although Kelly says he’s simply following the program the team’s sports-science staff already had in place.

Are these small signs Kelly did some introspection during his brief unemployment? His current players aren’t ruling out the possibility.

“From the things that I heard last year — just watching TV — if it is what they said it was, I think he learned from his experience,” Reid said. “And I think he got better from it.”

Said inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman: “I’m sure Chip’s heard the rumors and things like that. I’m sure he’s made a few tweaks and doesn’t want to have the same comments at the end of this year.”

Tom Nook

Okay bitches. What teams win their division this year?

AFC N:
giphy.gif

AFC S: Brock Les... Owseiler Team
AFC E: *Sings that John Elton song*
AFC W: The Sanchize comeback.

NFC N: Game of Thrones Rivals. Thanks Munn.....
NFC S: The Dab
NFC E: The team people are saying it needs to change it's name.
NFC W: The team with the an animal as it's logo.
Don't Care... :(

The Panthers won't win 15 games

The Panthers will also win the NFC South by at least 2 games.

Stop joking around folks

Errbody else in the division is either gutter trash or barely out of the gutter trash

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford 'in complete control' of Lions offense

20856812-mmmain.jpg

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions were working on their 2-minute offense Wednesday night when corner Nevin Lawson committed a crucial pass-interference penalty in the end zone with no time left.

That gave Matthew Stafford one last chance to punch the ball in for a touchdown. And that's exactly what he did, though he did it in a peculiar way -- checking into a QB draw, and diving across the goal line even though he was wearing a red no-contact jersey.

"This offense, for a quarterback, you're in complete control at the line of scrimmage," Stafford said after practice. "So if you're hesitating or second-guessing, that 40-second clock winds down pretty quick. So you got to make sure you're getting your team in a good play.

That has been Stafford's biggest adjustment this offseason, after Jim Bob Cooter became the full-time offensive coordinator and started ripping up the playbook.

Cooter and Stafford had obvious chemistry last season, when Stafford threw 19 touchdowns and just two interceptions in the final eight games. His 110.1 QB rating during that stretch would have led the league, if extrapolated for the full season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...n_complete_c_1.html#incart_river_mobile_index

tumblr_o9hqk3DTSH1rysvy7o2_500.gif

Offensive line has been getting worked with the exception of Riley Reiff. Move him back to LT, start Taylor Decker at RT and hopefully the interior of the line doesn't get our franchise QB hurt.

TheFatOne

Stork is dealing with concussions issues yet again. He should really consider not playing. Concussions are no joke, and he has had to deal with quite a few the last two seasons.

Duxxy3

Stork is dealing with concussions issues yet again. He should really consider not playing. Concussions are no joke, and he has had to deal with quite a few the last two seasons.

We'll be fine with Andrews. Kline or Mason backing him up. It sounds like Thuney has a lock on the left guard spot. Karras has impressed in camp as well.

I'm guessing the starters will be solder-thuney-andrews-mason-vollmer next week. Karras might get the nod at right guard if Mason has a bad week. Cooper probably would have won that right guard spot, but he has a foot injury.

Slo

I'll take one tall Old Fashioned please

I once had a layover in NYC so I went to the airport bar and ordered an Old Fashioned. Bartender asked if I wanted the normal one or a big one. He brought me something that a fruit salad in a flower vase.

Bread

Banned
I once had a layover in NYC so I went to the airport bar and ordered an Old Fashioned. Bartender asked if I wanted the normal one or a big one. He brought me something that a fruit salad in a flower vase.
I'll take a pint of bourbon with a slice of orange and a touch of simple syrup please, I am a professional.

Top Bottom