• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Fast 6 marathon all evening last night. Trying to figure out which soundtrack of the series is better. I'm leaning towards Fast 5. 6 is close

GoT finale and I'll be on the road driving home from Albany, NY. *Might* be able to stream it when we stop for the night, though I won't hold my breath on hotel wifi.

If I can't watch til tomorrow I'll feel like a dirty Euro.

We're less than 75 days away from football! This is the worst part of the year for sports. No football, no hockey, no hoops. Just bore-me-out-of-my-mind sports like baseball, soccer, golf and tennis. The only way I'll watch any of these is if the Pirates make the World Series, and even then we're talking fucking November (baseball seasons are stupid long).

pBRd8y3.jpg

bionic77

You're married. You're not a man anymore.
Would anyone be surprised if Ninja actually lived in his mothers basement or in some other family's basement in a Charles in Charge type of arrangement (where he was supposed to take care of a family's kids but was really perving on their hot teenager).

Please Ninja. You are in your mid 30s and still watch pro wrestling and pay for sex. I get it for free (I didn't say often I said free!).

RBH

Thursday was a good day for the City of Oakland’s fight to keep the Oakland Raiders as the franchise came out of a ruling from the Southern Nevada Infrastructure Committee disappointed with a reduction of public funding to $550 million (something that could potentially sour owner Mark Davis on the idea of relocating the franchise to Las Vegas).

Raiders President Marc Badain publicly commented on the ruling to decrease the public contribution from what was hoped to be $750 million to $550 million. Badain stating that the franchise is disappointed by what they heard on Thursday, going as far as to say that the NFL will look negatively at the decreased taxpayer contribution to build a potential 62,000 seat domed stadium in Vegas.

Regardless of the Raiders disappointment with today’s decrease of public funds in Vegas, the question will be if the $550 million that was approved will be enough to warrant a relocation. With Davis still waiting for progress in Oakland, there is a good chance that Vegas could still be a major player in the Raiders stadium saga even after decreasing $200 million from the pot. Time will tell, but as of Thursday it is looking like the love affair between the Raiders and Las Vegas is headed on the rocks for a little while.
http://justblogbaby.com/2016/06/23/oakland-raiders-disappointed-by-las-vegas-funding-cut/

RBH

Celebrating that you aren't the worst sports town in America? Now that's some loser shit

Celebrating you aren't even relevant enough to make the list is where it's at :)

:(
I ain't celebrating nothing!

As far as I'm concerned, I'm honestly surprised Atlanta isn't higher on those lists.

Hawks won't win a title without a superstar and Braves are rebuilding and won't be a contender for many years. Falcons are our best bet out of the three, but last year honestly makes me a bit worried about Matt Ryan. If he continues what he did last year, we're fucked for the foreseeable future because I'm not confident in this team's current braintrust to find the next QB after Ryan.

The City of Atlanta in general needs some sort of renaissance. It's not a place millionaire athletes want to spend the majority of their careers.

Also, Cleveland should definitely still be in the top 10.

RBH

The City of Atlanta in general needs some sort of renaissance. It's not a place millionaire athletes want to spend the majority of their careers.

The thing is that athletes in general love living in Atlanta. They enjoy the city itself, and you hear about many people making their offseason home here. The issue is the perpetual culture of losing that has permeated throughout the sports teams for years and years. That's a tough thing to swallow for an athlete who's looking for the best opportunity to win during the prime of their career.

The thing is that athletes in general love living in Atlanta. They enjoy the city itself, and you hear about many people making their offseason home here. The issue is the perpetual culture of losing that has permeated throughout the sports teams for years and years. That's a tough thing to swallow for an athlete who's looking for the best opportunity to win during the prime of their career.
Sounds like a super unique problem.

RBSlut!

Would anyone be surprised if Ninja actually lived in his mothers basement or in some other family's basement in a Charles in Charge type of arrangement (where he was supposed to take care of a family's kids but was really perving on their hot teenager).

Please Ninja. You are in your mid 30s and still watch pro wrestling and pay for sex. I get it for free (I didn't say often I said free!).

My dream is actually to live on a houseboat.

what a sad day today is. game of thrones over, silicon valley over, no meaningful sports for another couple months (ok, i guess a month, i'll count pre-season football over mid-season baseball).... bullshit!

tmdorsey

I ain't celebrating nothing!

As far as I'm concerned, I'm honestly surprised Atlanta isn't higher on those lists.

Hawks won't win a title without a superstar and Braves are rebuilding and won't be a contender for many years. Falcons are our best bet out of the three, but last year honestly makes me a bit worried about Matt Ryan. If he continues what he did last year, we're fucked for the foreseeable future because I'm not confident in this team's current braintrust to find the next QB after Ryan.

If Ryan has a year like last year that all but guarantees Shanahan is out of there and Ryan will get his 4th OC who will hopefully play to his strengths rather than his weaknesses. During this time period our only hope will be if Quinn gets the defense closer to Bronco/Seahawk level.

Fox318

I feel like everytime I read into international politics of another nation I'm thankful that the US doesn't have eons of political ill will towards other nations and people.

Line_HTX

what a sad day today is. game of thrones over, silicon valley over, no meaningful sports for another couple months (ok, i guess a month, i'll count pre-season football over mid-season baseball).... bullshit!

You can enjoy the Tour de France and the Zika Olympics before Preseason though!

Top Bottom