• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

As a American who doesn't know shit about Euroland. Can one of you quickly TL->DR what it means when the UK left the EU. Like what is the consequence of this and why are all the citizens so mad?

As a American who doesn't know shit about Euroland. Can one of you quickly TL->DR what it means when the UK left the EU. Like what is the consequence of this and why are all the citizens so mad?
Not definitive, but here's my understanding:

1. passed (barely) on the power of anti-immigration rhetoric
2. nobody really knows what the long term consequences will be. The UK is the world's 5th largest economy, so they'll probably be fine alone... but they had a pretty sweet deal in the EU.
3. the markets are freaking the fuck out. The short term consequences have been brutal for the Pound and bad for (almost) everyone else. This seems to be the biggest reason why people are upset.
4. Scotland might finally leave the UK now!

dhwPLtv.gif

Not definitive, but here's my understanding:

1. passed (barely) on the power of anti-immigration rhetoric
2. nobody really knows what the long term consequences will be. The UK is the world's 5th largest economy, so they'll probably be fine alone... but they had a pretty sweet deal in the EU.
3. the markets are freaking the fuck out. The short term consequences have been brutal for the Pound and bad for (almost) everyone else. This seems to be the biggest reason why people are upset.
4. Scotland might finally leave the UK now!

6th largest economy now.

The pound tanked so much in the past three days that California's economy was able to overtake the UK.

Also in the immediate short term, it looks like UK's internal political structure is fucked. The people that campaigned for Leave (mostly the extreme right-wing of the Conservative party that forms the majority of the current ruling coalition in Parliament) don't actually know what to do, the people that campaigned for Remain (mostly Labour, the minority party in the ruling coalition) are all jumping ship, Scotland wants to leave the UK, Ireland wants to unify, Wales is too busy being drunk over the Euros, and the rest of Europe has no clue what the fuck to think.

Tom Penny

His dad prefers jail..

“He’s a druggie. It’s not a secret that he’s a druggie. I don’t know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn’t seeked it yet. Hopefully he doesn’t die before he comes to his senses. That’s about all you can say. I don’t know what else to say…I hate to say it but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him. So we’ll see.”

DMczaf

Christ, we even came in 5th place on that list.

Take this L with you too

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/25/herschel-walker-donald-trump/

Herschel Walker says he's paying the price for supporting Donald Trump -- telling TMZ Sports he's been dropped from multiple speaking engagements for publicly backing the GOP candidate.

Walker was one of Trump's first big celebrity endorsers -- praising his former "Celebrity Apprentice" boss as a brilliant man who will truly make America great again.

But after he went public, Walker says he started getting axed from speaking gigs -- most recently getting canceled from an event in California because organizers were afraid Walker would attract anti-Trump protesters.

Walker wouldn't name the groups who 86'd him -- but says it's happened at least 3 times in various states.

In fact, he spoke about the situation this week on the "TMZ Sports" TV show on FS1.
Despite the backlash, Walker says he will NOT stop supporting Trump -- insisting he's the best man for the job.

Fox318

6th largest economy now.

The pound tanked so much in the past three days that California's economy was able to overtake the UK.

Also in the immediate short term, it looks like UK's internal political structure is fucked. The people that campaigned for Leave (mostly the extreme right-wing of the Conservative party that forms the majority of the current ruling coalition in Parliament) don't actually know what to do, the people that campaigned for Remain (mostly Labour, the minority party in the ruling coalition) are all jumping ship, Scotland wants to leave the UK, Ireland wants to unify, Wales is too busy being drunk over the Euros, and the rest of Europe has no clue what the fuck to think.

Thats honestly my take away from it.

I mean the EU has a lot going against it with each members having their own culture and own language plus I don't get the idea that people truly believe that the EU commission is represented by them.

I mean it looks like Cameron traded in him getting elected again to the most right wing of his party while even people who wanted to stay in the union refused to campaign with Cameron. I mean I can see some of the issues with the EU that would need to be fixed and I think Norway has proved you don't need to be in the EU on that continent but in a single vote Cameron gambled the stability of Northern Ireland, the potential succession of Scotland and Gibraltar, plus destabilizing all of Europe.

Plus the Euro is a mess with nations like Greece, Spain, Italy, and the eastern Europe blocks flooding other nations with migrants PLUS you have a mad man running Turkey whom is a key NATO member and desperately wants to join the EU.

Now instead of England having a voice at the table they decide its better off not dealing with the mess. I wonder if the EU banks overplayed their hand with trying to force UK to accept the Euro.

The craziest thing is they could. The referendum isn't binding and if there was enough support to ignore it or the Queen got involved for maybe the first time ever.

rando14

Throne is here, friends!!
Let's all join hands and enjoy this finale

I will see you all on the other side

*clenches buttcheeks

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rando! BG!

Dem Thrones!

That's the most I will say friends. I respect giving everyone a few days to see the episode.

Top Bottom