• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

bionic77

Was it?

Could almost swear that the Red Wedding was right in the middle of ASOS. Don't think most of the books had such "TV" endings either and instead had good sized epilogues that would basically be the first two episodes of a normal Game of Thrones season.

Right now the TV show is going off of rough outlines GRRM had for the plot and nothing more. It's in total uncharted waters. So when squicken doesn't like it or if people say the plot lines seem weirdly and abruptly resolved, that doesn't surprise me since it's all kinda different now than the books. I think GRRM knew that he was in a huge fucking mess and wasn't sure how to proceed which is why it took so long to get the last two books and why they're a disaster narratively. The dude peaked with ASOS and didn't know what to do.

It's especially obvious because there's a laughable plot thread from the books that hasn't showed up in the show yet from way back in the fourth book and I'm not sure if it ever will because of how much it diminishes the impact of an earlier event.
I was referring to your point of how everything is happening at the end.

That is always going to happen if you are just writing it as you go along and don't havre the discipline to edit character and plot points you personally love in favor of a more streamlined story structure.

It was kind of obvious in the books once they killed off literally almost everyone you started the books with by the end of book 3 that the story was going to end with Dany, John and maybe Tyrion (another dragon person possibly) uniting and saving the broken kingdom against the army of snow zombies. Those are the only characters that could end it because all the other ones were killed and if he just introduces some macguffin at the end to wrap it up then they would have been a waste of time for everyone. Whether the way Martin got there or not is good writing and effective storytelling is the real question to me. I think he fucked around way too much and a lot of this shit is pointless filler at this point, but he still has 2 books to prove me wrong!

Speaking of football, I am little afraid of Mike Wallace with the Ravens. I am sure he will disappoint and drop balls like he always does, but I fear that he will outplay everyone on the Steelers the two times he plays us. Fuck the Ravens. Wish we played in a shit division instead of the North where we have to actually show up.

Can we cool it a little bit with all the GOT spoilers pls
Yeah put some tags on that shit old man bionic.

I know most of us like throne of game here, but it's not a official throne thread so try and use spoilers books/show. Would hate for some one to just get randomly spoiled coming into a NFL thread.

Think of the Floys of the world
*slaps the actual Floy

bionic77

Spoilers?

I have only seen 2 episodes of the show, which is now way past the books in terms of storyline.

I was just explaining how most people thought it was going to end like 6 years ago or whenever that fat fuck released his last book.

Since you guys are scared of "spoilers" I will use spoiler tags from now on when discussing thrones.

Dany is hot but I am not in love with her tits. She will end up as queen of westeros (unless she dies in the process of saving it), but it won't be because of her body.

Fox318

the shit with Messi only shows what a fucking man Lebron is.

Its tough to watch guys tough it out in almost every other sport yet in soccer a guy gets kicked in the shin and its like he witnesses a Vietnam flashback

Bread

Banned
5 beers in 6 hours and the dude projectile puked wtf

i drink 5 beers in 5 seconds every night and you don't see me making a fool of myself until drink 8.

*Checks investment accounts this morning*
tumblr_lletddQ1Fd1qa6ws3o1_400.gif

BigAT

Its tough to watch guys tough it out in almost every other sport yet in soccer a guy gets kicked in the shin and its like he witnesses a Vietnam flashback

Being tougher than a soccer player is not exactly a high bar to hold a professional athlete to. Also:

LBJFlop1.gif

LeBronMavsFlop.gif

bionic77

Victory changes the narrative.

Sports media is literally the worst (or at least this used to be true until every country in the world started moving towards right wing insanity). Everyone shit on Lebron, rightfully so, for how he acted with the media this year. And remember the Cavs don't win shit if he doesn't bait Green into that suspension in game 4, that really changed the series. He would have been crucified for exactly the same move if the Warriors closed out in game 5.

You are a Jets fan so you only see the anger and losing, but we will forgive anything and deify anyone who wins.

Do you think other athletes could go all game without breaks like soccer players do

Yeah put some tags on that shit old man bionic.

I know most of us like throne of game here, but it's not a official throne thread so try and use spoilers books/show. Would hate for some one to just get randomly spoiled coming into a NFL thread.

Think of the Floys of the world
*slaps the actual Floy
Now I know you didn't just do that.. You hit me in a dream.. You better wake up and apologize BG.

*Checks investment accounts this morning*
Thanks Boban

lol, my skin tone's waaaay darker than in that gif.
I see said the blind man.

BigAT

A) Heinous to even dare accuse me of drunk driving

B) I promise you that it takes more than 5 drinks to get me to throw up booboo

I posted it before the drunk driving revelation came in!

find me a soccer player that did something like this...

What part of my response made you think I was defending soccer players? I'm saying it's hardly a compliment because everyone is tougher than soccer players.

Fox318

I posted it before the drunk driving revelation came in!

What part of my response made you think I was defending soccer players? I'm saying it's hardly a compliment because everyone is tougher than soccer players.
I was thinking with the flops you were comparing Lebron to soccer players.

I mean I've seen golfers tough out injuries and maintain concentration during moments of failure but nothing compares lack of toughness from some soccer players.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Work taking us out for lunch, shopping and a movie Thursday. I decided to be anti social though and not go.

Soccer flopping is almost the worst. You know what's the worst but back to my point.... I can never endorse soccer because I can't stand watching grown ass man roll around the floor like a 3 year old everytime someone breathes near them. Soccer may be the most popular sport in the world but I'm thankful America decided to go with football.

#blessed

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Work taking us out for lunch, shopping and a movie Thursday. I decided to be anti social though and not go.

Pretty sure I saw one of these work outings when I was at the Sundance theater downtown.

Unless it's common for ethnic women in their mid 20s to hang out with stodgy looking old white dudes.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
People are unusually pissy this morning while playing Overwatch.

Spent the first two hours winning every match..okay lost a few but no problems. Everyone is friendly and having a good time.

Somehow got into a group where everyone was like "ur legit terrible" "this team..." "omg guys this team fucking sucks". Even after those losers would quit and we'd get new guys! It was odd. Something in the water at about 10am or so?

A university trip maybe?

That's a possibility. The diversity was just screaming "we work in an office together" though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL offseason is a disaster for rookies, players on roster bubble

When Joe Gibbs came back to the NFL during the 2004 offseason, our OTA sessions at Redskins Park were ultra-competitive. Guys battled. Full-scale one-on-ones, 7-on-7s, team periods -- you name it, we did it. Rookies started their graduate coursework in football right there on the field in April, May and June. Speed, tempo, repetitions. That's the only way you learn in this league.

Those days are gone, swept away by the new CBA rules on offseason workouts, and the reduced practice time doesn't cater enough to rookie development. These young cats are placed in an environment that is much softer than it used to be. With monitored one-on-ones between wide receivers and defensive backs (no bump and run -- ridiculous) and limitations on contact, offseason practices put coaches in a really tough spot. How do you develop talent in that environment? Where do you even start?

"It's a shame," one NFL coach told me. "You have to be creative. But you can't simulate football with the physical contact taken away."

That "physical contact" isn't about using the helmet as a weapon or Oklahoma drills. The game has changed -- for the better. And that old-school, tough-guy nonsense isn't going to fly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16370346/nfl-offseason-disaster-rookies-players-roster-bubble

One of the main reasons I've stated its easier for WRs and QBs to make to have Week 1 impacts on teams whereas with mainly defensive players take time to develop because they're not really going full contact at the NFL level until Preseason Week 1.

bionic77

I was thinking with the flops you were comparing Lebron to soccer players.

I mean I've seen golfers tough out injuries and maintain concentration during moments of failure but nothing compares lack of toughness from some soccer players.
It's not that they aren't tough, there are tough soccer players who will play through injuries. I would say almost no one is as tough as fighters and football players, who are borderline psychos. But soccer players can be tough if it helps their team win. It's not about that.

It is that they are cheating cunts who have no honor and will do anything to win a game, even flopping like a bitch. Sadly flopping has been imported to the US and you see it in our sports now too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFL offseason is a disaster for rookies, players on roster bubble

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16370346/nfl-offseason-disaster-rookies-players-roster-bubble

One of the main reasons I've stated its easier for WRs and QBs to make to have Week 1 impacts on teams whereas with mainly defensive players take time to develop because they're not really going full contact at the NFL level until Preseason Week 1.

Yeah it sucks for the rookies but I'm not worried about the product. We've had elite defenses win the Super Bowl more often than not in the last 5-6 years.

Top Bottom