• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

Titus Young's career seems over. Fisher dealt with Jenkins, Pacman, and Haynesworth, but drew the line with Titus. Saw that Cliff Avril thinks he deserves Mario Williams money. Might want to check the water in Detroit

Once you can afford all the consoles and games you want you probably don't have enough time to play them all.
Never had that problem, personally. I play/beat about 30 games a year. If you're selective about what you play and its a hobby you enjoy it's not that tough to find the time to play across multiple systems. I got the 360, PS3 and Wii all at launch and love games for all of them. Admittedly most of my gaming these days are done on a PC and that's mostly because the non-exclusive multi-platform stuff isn't worth playing on a console if you have a PC worth a damn, IMO.

Vacchiano posted up a list of savings the Giants could get (or lose) from cutting these players:

*1.QB Eli Manning $6,500,000

2.G Chris Snee $4,850,000

3.CB Corey Webster $7,250,000

*4.S Antrel Rolle $5,250,000

5.T David Diehl $4,903,125

*6.C David Baas $50,000

*7.DE Justin Tuck $4,650,000

*8.LB Mathias Kiwanuka PLUS -- $1,250,000

*9.WR Hakeem Nicks $2,775,000

*10.DE Jason Pierre-Paul PLUS -- $75,000

*not a chance in hell of being cut.

The highlighted really must go and or be completely reworked to a more reasonable salary.

WedgeX

Banned
Titus Young's career seems over. Fisher dealt with Jenkins, Pacman, and Haynesworth, but drew the line with Titus. Saw that Cliff Avril thinks he deserves Mario Williams money. Might want to check the water in Detroit

Crazy. Yet hilarious.

It is crazy that on a team with Megatron, Stafford, and guys willing to take pay cuts to stay on the team that Titus jr. thinks he the bee's knees and Avril thinks he's owed huge money.

:JNC at that Eli salary. TJack just signed for $4.5M/year didn't he?
Eli is due nearly 21 million this year. That's the cap savings number. Not his salary.;)

The Giants converted about 6.5 million of his salary last year into a bonus to reduce his cap hit. That's been tacked onto his salary this season which about adds up to the cap savings since it's been paid out. The rest of the 14 million is all him.

squicken

Crazy. Yet hilarious.

It is crazy that on a team with Megatron, Stafford, and guys willing to take pay cuts to stay on the team that Titus jr. thinks he the bee's knees and Avril thinks he's owed huge money.

Didn't take a pay cut. They converted salary to bonus money, letting them pro-rate the cap hit. They actually got their money sooner rather than later. It's kind of dumb and I think smart teams avoid doing that, but DET got screwed by old rookie wage scale

Colasante

I'd be interested in seeing Freeney come to New England and help out the pass rush. I'd much prefer him to Charles Woodson if Belichick thinks a veteran presence is needed to help put them over the top.

Crazy. Yet hilarious.

I don't care that they're like this because they won't be back on the Lions next season and I really won't miss either guy. Of the two, I might miss Avril more, but he kind of disappeared at times this year.

squicken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtowYApQNnE

Brian Billick was on Match Game in the 70s. Unreal what Youtube has to offer. Tony Dungy sex tape I'm sure will show up one day

edit:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Text from Dwight Freeney: "I was very surprised to hear they wanted to go in a different direction. Would have been nice to retire a Colt.''

jakncoke

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtowYApQNnE

Brian Billick was on Match Game in the 70s. Unreal what Youtube has to offer. Tony Dungy sex tape I'm sure will show up one day

edit:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Text from Dwight Freeney: "I was very surprised to hear they wanted to go in a different direction. Would have been nice to retire a Colt.''

Crazy, also is there any reason why he hasnt gotten back into coaching? I always wonder why some coaches just disappear. He got canned in 2007, you'd think he be a offensive coordinator or something by now.

Just heard the news today, oh boy.

RIP Charles Woodson. You were a great one.

Charles Woodson -2006-2012
charles-woodson-gb-cut.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I tend to buy every console so I really don't care who comes out on top. So I won't mind living in YH's fantasy world where the Xbox dominates everything.

However!

I'm still really annoyed with the build quality of the first few years of the 360s. My third one was one of those HDMI units which has lasted but the disc drive is wearing out. Meanwhile my PS3 slim has been a workhorse and I haven't had one single problem with it. Last generation I went thorough FOUR PS2s!...and just one GameCube and one Xbox. Which is probably why I bought a Wii U because Nintendo machines are usually sturdy (at least since having to send my NES off a few times back in the late 80s.....longest two weeks ever for an 8 year old)

If the 720 does dominate, I hope Japan gets on board. 90% of western games I can get on Steam and many times I prefer those anyway.

squicken

-If the Pats let Welker walk and then draft Tavon Austin I will hate every team in the bottom of the first for letting that happen

-Team to watch w/ Freeney is Tampa. Lots of cap room and have a need for a pass rusher. He's not a 3 down guy, but would give them a solid situational player, and shouldn't be too expensive

cdyhybrid

-If the Pats let Welker walk and then draft Tavon Austin I will hate every team in the bottom of the first for letting that happen

-Team to watch w/ Freeney is Tampa. Lots of cap room and have a need for a pass rusher. He's not a 3 down guy, but would give them a solid situational player, and shouldn't be too expensive

Unless they get a guy on the outside, I wouldn't be overly concerned with them replacing Welker with another good slot player.

I tend to buy every console so I really don't care who comes out on top. So I won't mind living in YH's fantasy world where the Xbox dominates everything.

However!

I'm still really annoyed with the build quality of the first few years of the 360s. My third one was one of those HDMI units which has lasted but the disc drive is wearing out. Meanwhile my PS3 slim has been a workhorse and I haven't had one single problem with it. Last generation I went thorough FOUR PS2s!...and just one GameCube and one Xbox. Which is probably why I bought a Wii U because Nintendo machines are usually sturdy (at least since having to send my NES off a few times back in the late 80s.....longest two weeks ever for an 8 year old)

If the 720 does dominate, I hope Japan gets on board. 90% of western games I can get on Steam and many times I prefer those anyway.
I went through 7 360's. 7! I didn't pay a dime in repairs but god bless you RROD.

However!

Just accept the Xbox as your lord and savior already. Tebow was a false prophet. I agree with YH and I don't give a damn about fanboy bullshit, I probably haven't played a game on my Xbox in a year. Like I said earlier I think this next Xbox has the potential to be absolutely massive, especially outside of the neogaf crowd. Of course it's all premature because the damn thing hasn't even been announced so we'll see.

bionic77

Fuck you.

You just called down the thunder by taking the Lords name in vain. Tebow going to curse MS and the Xbox name because of your blasphemy. Yankee is going to be crushed when they buttfumble at E3. Yankee blame it on the Packer fan.

MechDX

I went through 7 360's. 7! I didn't pay a dime in repairs but god bless you RROD.

Damn! Im on my 5th and thought I went through a lot.

No console has ever been as depenedable as Sega consoles. I dropped my Saturn 3 feet to the floor in rage induced by multiplayer Ultimate MK3. Plugged it back in and it fired right up.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn! Im on my 5th and thought I went through a lot.

No console has ever been as depenedable as Sega consoles. I dropped my Saturn 3 feet to the floor in rage induced by multiplayer Ultimate MK3. Plugged it back in and it fired right up.

You mean slammed? Cause just dropping it in a ragefest is totally chocha.

Top Bottom