• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

Has any team every drafted 5 good players on defense, a running back, and a smart coach in one draft? That's all the Steelers need to become elite again.

squicken

Big news of the day that I'm not sure was posted, is that salary cap won't ever "spike". There's been talk that it would be flat for a a couple of years, but when TV contracts kicked in it would jump. Florio says that won't be happening. That it will be a gradual increase. The league didn't want all the players immediately wanting new deals, so they structured the TV deals accordingly

also Goodell got a raise to $30m

cdyhybrid

Big news of the day that I'm not sure was posted, is that salary cap won't ever "spike". There's been talk that it would be flat for a a couple of years, but when TV contracts kicked in it would jump. Florio says that won't be happening. That it will be a gradual increase. The league didn't want all the players immediately wanting new deals, so they structured the TV deals accordingly

also Goodell got a raise to $30m

I can't believe he's making that much to kill the league. What a clown.

Adam Sessler doing an AMA, to the Batmobile!

squicken

fwiw, Fisher and the competition committee meet this week before the Combine. Said SF's last play of the SB should have been called DPI. "It's a call that needs to be made"

Skinny Faith Hill =

qhpfgTgm.jpg

fwiw, Fisher and the competition committee meet this week before the Combine. Said SF's last play of the SB should have been called DPI. "It's a call that needs to be made"

well yeah. everyone and their mom knows that was a PI even though mike perrera still has his tongue in his official buddies asses

bionic77

i feel more of a connection with you bionic. we have both had godless heathens cast upon us for avatars and we both love kid icarus 3DS
I will always love you in a platonic sexless way, like Brady and the chicks he hangs out with. But you can't complain about the calls or breaks in the SB dude. That is the Seahawks way and you and the Niners are better than that.

squicken

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1206924/index.htm

PK article on the changing of the game

Russell Wilson knew his future with the Wolfpack might be tenuous. A year earlier he'd been picked by the Rockies in the fourth round of the major league draft. He'd missed spring football to play baseball and had only one season of college football eligibility left; Mike Glennon, his promising backup, had two years remaining and was likely to transfer if he wasn't named the starter for the fall.

O'Brien devastated Wilson. This is how the player remembers the coach breaking the news: "It's time, bud. We're going to move on. You should go ahead and transfer."

Wilson, sitting there on the hotel steps, cried
. Hadn't he led N.C. State to a 9--4 record the previous fall, the Wolfpack's best record in eight years, and a rout of West Virginia at the Champs Sports Bowl, where he was named the game's MVP? Wilson couldn't have been more heartbroken.

He and the NFL couldn't have been more fortunate.

I will always love you in a platonic sexless way, like Brady and the chicks he hangs out with. But you can't complain about the calls or breaks in the SB dude. That is the Seahawks way and you and the Niners are better than that.

I just want to say that avatar is great and beautiful.A shame it has to go to waste on an unclean heathen like yourself.

oh no. i didn't say we lost because the officials. that play was a pass interference and no one can debate that but it should have never come down to that play. we lost the game not because of the officials but because we played like shit for 2.5 quarters and had the worst 3 offensive play calls of the season all in consecutive order starting with 2nd and goal from the 5 on our final drive.

squicken

The Rams could have had RG3 and TRich in STL had they traded Bradford to CLE last year. Also would have shaved a lot of money off their cap

With the chance to land a windfall of Redskins draft picks for the right to land Griffin, Fisher put his money where his mouth was last offseason. Fisher acknowledged spurning multiple teams inquiring about the possibility of a Bradford trade.

How high were teams willing to go? Sports Illustrated's Peter King tells NBC Sports Network's Erik Kuselius that the Rams would have received a "high first-round pick" in return had they opted to deal Bradford.

The implication is that the Browns, holding the No. 4 pick and Bradford's former play-caller in Pat Shurmur, were the team hot on his trail. Had the Rams been more open-minded on Griffin, they might have changed the course of the franchises in Cleveland and Washington as well as their own. As it is now, Fisher's future is tied to Bradford's performance after passing up a chance to draft the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-a-high-firstround-pick?campaign=Twitter_atl

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=796

MechDX

Did you set your console on the ground in disgust?

For the 360, yes. The thing will red ring if you look at it wrong.

The Saturn can be dribbled like a basketball and still work. I slammed the motherfucker down and kicked the shit out of it gangsta style!

office-space-o.gif

squicken

Mayock's top 5s

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...ecombine-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

Inside linebacker

1. Alec Ogletree, Georgia
2. Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
3. Kevin Minter, LSU
4. Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
5. Kiko Alonso, Oregon

CB

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

Safety

1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame

Defensive End

1. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
2. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
3. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
T-5. Datone Jones, UCLA
T-5. Margus Hunt, SMU

Defensive Tackle

1. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
2. Star Lotulelei, Utah
3. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
4. Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
T-5. Kawann Short, Purdue
T-5. Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

Outside linebacker

1. Dion Jordan, Oregon
2. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
3. Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
4. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
5. Arthur Brown, Kansas State

Tight End

1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
2. Zach Ertz, Stanford
3. Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
4. Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
5. Jordan Reed, Florida

Center

1. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
2. Brian Schwenke, Cal
3. Barrett Jones, Alabama
4. Khaled Holmes, USC
5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

Guard

1. Chance Warmack, Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
3. Larry Warford, Kentucky
4. Kyle Long, Oregon
5. Brian Winters, Kent State

Tackle

1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama
T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State
T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse

Running Back

1. Eddie Lacy, Alabama
2. Montee Ball, Wisconsin
3. Andre Ellington, Clemson
4. Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Wide Receiver

1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
2. Keenan Allen, Cal
3. Terrance Williams, Baylor
4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Quarterback
1. Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Mike Glennon, NC State
4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

Godslay

Banned
I got the LE version for $15. I never finished the first one due to the damn water level (I hater water levels in games!) but I enjoyed what I played.

The Ninja Gaiden water level on xbox just about killed me. I ended up beating the game, but it took a lot of patience that I likely don't have know. Water levels are a bitch.

Top Bottom