• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Slo

Edible arrangements are for trashy people.

F4UF0T5G5KPART4.LARGE.jpg

ari

Banned
Playstation allstars is the saddest lamest thing ever. Can't believe i gameflied this fucking shameful ripoff.

Playstation allstars is the saddest lamest thing ever. Can't believe i gameflied this fucking shameful ripoff.

I really like it, but I dont care whose idea it originally was. I only care if it is fun or not. I wish MS would steal the idea as well and put out a game like that.

I really like it, but I dont care whose idea it originally was. I only care if it is fun or not. I wish MS would steal the idea as well and put out a game like that.

Really? I don't see MS turning the concept into a playable game at all. They don't have anybody that "gets" game design in that fashion.

This makes me sad but yeah he isn't worth $10 million. His agent makes it sound like he's done with Green Bay and will sign elsewhere for presumably more money than GB is willing to pay.

When is Hawk due? Do you see them holding onto him?

ari

Banned

Its not just the idea, its the imitation feeling it has and how forced it all seems. They could've done it so much better by doing an Ehrgeiz type game or something. I would be all over that.

Really? I don't see MS turning the concept into a playable game at all. They don't have anybody that "gets" game design in that fashion.

I have no idea what you mean by this. MS has studios that make great games in all kinds of genres. They have opened a bunch of new studios lately that we dont even know what they are working on. It wouldnt surprise me at all if some of the KI guys are still at Rare, and I bet they could make a game like this.

?
Nevermind that they don't have the stable of characters for it, anyways. Xbox All Stars starring....Blinx!

Football news: The Bills have resigned Tavaris Jackson.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Bills HC Doug Marrone: “I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we'll have an open competition at quarterback."

I have no idea what you mean by this. MS has studios that make great games in all kinds of genres. They have opened a bunch of new studios lately that we dont even know what they are working on. It wouldnt surprise me at all if some of the KI guys are still at Rare, and I bet they could make a game like this.

What i'm saying is making a fighting game in the smash brothers mold isn't just slapping some fighting game guys together. Smash Brothers is just as much a platformer as it is a fighting game and if you don't take that into consideration your game will be...well, PlayStation All Stars. SuperBot clearly didn't "get" Smash Bros. and I wager MS won't either.

That didn't last long.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Keep a close eye on St. Louis today. There's a report WR Titus Young will be cut and the Rams are declining comment. More to come at PFT.

EDIT: The Tavaris Jackson deal:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

QB Tarvaris Jackson signed a one-year deal with Buffalo that could be worth up to $4.5 million.

What i'm saying is making a fighting game in the smash brothers mold isn't just slapping some fighting game guys together. Smash Brothers is just as much a platformer as it is a fighting game and if you don't take that into consideration your game will be...well, PlayStation All Stars. SuperBot clearly didn't "get" Smash Bros. and I wager MS won't either.

Oh okay that makes sense. I like PSAS so I would be fine if MS just made a game at that level. I dont expect copies to be as good as the original. I disagree FV with saying MS doesnt have enough characters. They could have a few of the Gears characters, MC and the Arbiter, Fable, some pinatas, Banjo and Kazooie, Conker, an Avatar, plus I am sure they would go the Sony route of having 3rd party guys in their game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nevermind that they don't have the stable of characters for it, anyways. Xbox All Stars starring....Blinx!

And halo guy!

I dunno, I'm always surprised when Xbox outsells PS3. The PS3 has all the same games as Xbox and then a bunch of exclusives besides! And free online!

Microsoft convincing people to pay for live is going to be one of the wonders of this gen looking back. I almost never play online games on a console so its probably not for me. Having three $400 consoles breaking on me in two years was probably a factor as well.

I'm pretty much going to blow my load if we finish 7-9. I haven't even thought about making playoffs.

It's hard to even say the word.

I had to laugh to myself every time anyone brought up playoffs during this last season's winning streak. Though beating Pittsburgh is always nice.

And halo guy!

I dunno, I'm always surprised when Xbox outsells PS3. The PS3 has all the same games as Xbox and then a bunch of exclusives besides! And free online!

Microsoft convincing people to pay for live is going to be one of the wonders of this gen looking back. I almost never play online games on a console so its probably not for me. Having three $400 consoles breaking on me in two years was probably a factor as well.

MS also has a bunch of exclusives though and it gets exclusive content, even if it is just timed exclusives, MS has much better marketing as well, and they have features like cross game voice chat that are huge. Custom soundtracks work for all 360 games as well, unlike PS3. It doesnt surprise me at all that 360 sells better in the US. Sony ha more exclusives but Halo and Gears are bigger then the Sony exclusives except for GT.

And halo guy!

Unless Sony are absolute morons and price PS4 into the stratosphere or put PSN behind a paywall, MS isn't outselling it next generation. Both these guys have made their platforms so identical that the differences lie in services, and free online play is going to trump Live.

I had to laugh to myself every time anyone brought up playoffs during this last season's winning streak. Though beating Pittsburgh is always nice.

True but I'd gladly go 0-2 against them if it meant a winning season. /

A lot of analysts say the Browns were far better than their 5-11 record (woo hoo, I know, some consolation...) although we were "alive" for Playoff contention the latest we had been in like 5 years at like week 15 I wanna say. (Redskins game)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

True but I'd gladly go 0-2 against them if it meant a winning season. /

A lot of analysts say the Browns were far better than their 5-11 record (woo hoo, I know, some consolation...) although we were "alive" for Playoff contention the latest we had been in like 5 years at like week 15 I wanna say. (Redskins game)

I just wanted the last game against Pittsburgh to be meaningful.

Argh bring on the real Super Bowl already! I'm itching to see who we take!

MS also has a bunch of exclusives though and it gets exclusive content, even if it is just timed exclusives, MS has much better marketing as well, and they have features like cross game voice chat that are huge. Custom soundtracks work for all 360 games as well, unlike PS3. It doesnt surprise me at all that 360 sells better in the US. Sony ha more exclusives but Halo and Gears are bigger then the Sony exclusives except for GT.
All of those features are great but it comes down to one thing - Sony was late to the party with the PSN. Live had already been established as the "got to" online service for consoles right out of the gate and they built that "goodwill" on the original Xbox. People play with their friends and if their friends are buying Call of Duty 27 on the 360, then they'll pay for Live.

Today, we may bulk at the cost of the Live because the PSN has absolutely made leaps in bounds in terms of features and parity but it wasn't always like that. PSN+ is the greatest shit out there but I've got plenty of PS3 friends that look at me cross eyed and ask "Why pay $50 for that?" because they don't even understand what it is all while they pay $50 to MS for the privilege of playing online and using Netflix. That will change with this new generation, IMO.

Also with the advent of Smart TV's/Tablets etc. the whole "entertainment box" mission that Microsoft has is misguided to me. I can access nearly all of the services available on Live on my television and I don't have to put up with endless ads or an abhorrently shitty interface to do it either...

EDIT: Deacon and I are on the same page...

Dragon

Banned

Let's not go crazy. MS' first party isn't that great in terms of quality and has largely been producing Kinect games for the past few years. And even the 'good' Kinect games like that Fable game are still largely shit. For every Forza Horizon we're inundated with shovel crap 2012.

Lol what in the fuck? Smash Brothers is about as much a platformer as Halo is.

Wes

venison crêpe
I just wanted the last game against Pittsburgh to be meaningful.

Argh bring on the real Super Bowl already! I'm itching to see who we take!

I am excited about this draft more than in previous years because no player to a team in the top 10 is set in stone at all at this point.

I am excited about this draft more than in previous years because no player to a team in the top 10 is set in stone at all at this point.

Yeah I cant remember the last time the 1st pick wasnt set in stone. The first round overall will be really interesting to watch since it will be so unpredictable.

bionic77

If it only took failure Eagles fans would be running this place. I totally disagree with you about next gen. I think the 720 is going to be huge. I think MS is doing an amazing job this gen and they will do even better next gen. People love XBL, their subscription numbers are amazing. The Xbox does all the media stuff that a device like a roku does while also having games like CoD, Madden, Halo and so forth. I also expect Sony to do well next gen. Plus is becoming an amazing service, and if they can get their online up to snuff they will be in great shape. Once people see the graphical leap and the new features that these new consoles have they will jump in again. Of course no BC or achievement/trophies not carrying over would hurt things, but hopefully neither company will be that stupid.
Define huge? It tooks MS 7+ years to sell 70 million Xboxes. It takes Apple like 1 year to sell that many iPads at a much higher price and they also play games (albeit shitty but it is good enough for most people). Do you really think the Xbox brand is going to be global this time around? I don't. MS is so North America focused I can't see them really succeeding outside of NA and UK like they did last gen. Dudebro moved units last gen, I have never seen a gen where what was popular the gen before was the defining aspect the next gen. It will be something different that will carry the industy forward, what that is who will deliver it is the question. For PS2 it was open world games, and last gen it was PC-centric first person games. Gamers need something new this gen. Halo and Call of Duty won't be it. How many more hardcore gamers can MS reach this gen that they did not get last gen?

I mean your argument for the Xbox's huge success is that it plays really expensive games, gives you a shittier and more experience than the Roku, and will have mid tier PC level graphics in 2013. Obviously a huge jump from last gen, but I don't think that will be enough to make this a mainstream console. Nor will Kinect.

You are looking at this from a gamers perspective. If you want an upgraded Xbox then you will be very happy. But if you look at this from a wider perspective and from people who are not hardcore gamers it is a lot harder to see the value, especially at 400-500 dollars.

Honestly if the graphics demos I saw last year are any indication, I was not that impressed with those demos. It was not the same leap from last last gen to last gen.

Top Bottom