• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

BigAT

I really loath the new PS store. Thank god you can make purchases and all that using the online store. It runs like shit on the PS3.

Yeah, it looks nice enough but it's kind of stunning how poorly it runs. You would think they wouldn't implement something that makes the system seem so lacking in power.

probably going to pass on the next Sony console. haven't played much except for God of War 3 on the PS3.

What I'm more interested in is the impact of things like Steambox and Ouya on the industry. This notion that you need a $500+ console to play $60+ games is so ten years ago.

brentech

Yeah, it looks nice enough but it's kind of stunning how poorly it runs. You would think they wouldn't implement something that makes the system seem so lacking in power.
I have to buy online now anyways. For some reason my PS3 fails to install anything that downloads a key first. Annoying as shit when you download 10gb game and have to do it again.

Took me like a week to get my day 1 digital of NFSMW working until I figured that out.

probably going to pass on the next Sony console. haven't played much except for God of War 3 on the PS3.

What I'm more interested in is the impact of things like Steambox and Ouya on the industry. This notion that you need a $500+ console to play $60+ games is so ten years ago.

Man I hope you are wrong. I love the idea of 200 person teams making games with $50m budgets. I really hope we get to see some of the nextgen engines tonight. That UE4 helmet pic looks amazing, cant wait to eventually find out what game that is for.

Man I hope you are wrong. I love the idea of 200 person teams making games with $50m budgets. I really hope we get to see some of the nextgen engines tonight. That UE4 helmet pic looks amazing, cant wait to eventually find out what game that is for.

not saying I disagree, but games should be available digitally for less than a packaged copy. I've probably spent about $300 on 40+ PC games mostly via Steam room the past year. many of those, like Xcom for 20 and Spec Ops for 2.50, are new.

not saying I disagree, but games should be available digitally for less than a packaged copy. I've probably spent about $300 on 40+ PC games mostly via Steam room the past year. many of those, like Xcom for 20 and Spec Ops for 2.50, are new.

I agree totally. The established gaming industry is artificially inflating prices based on accepted norms. You're used to paying 60 dollars, so you will pay 60 dollars.

I really loath the new PS store. Thank god you can make purchases and all that using the online store. It runs like shit on the PS3.

I hate it too. And it's not just the speed, I simply hate the whole layout. The original was nothing to write home about, but I didn't mind it. I used to check it at least once a week. Now I hate firing the store up so much that I'm lucky if I check it once a month.

Spinluck

I agree totally. The established gaming industry is artificially inflating prices based on accepted norms. You're used to paying 60 dollars, so you will pay 60 dollars.

I remember having to pay more than that for games. Not fun.

EDIT: There will be a lot of disappoints tonight. I'm giving you guys an invite to join me on gaming side to view some of the meltdowns. People expecting vapor ware to come out of nowhere, no subscription fees, etc etc. Lol.

I still think I'll end up Nintendo and Sony, then MS waaaaay late in the generation. I've never had a reason to own the 360 aside from XBLA.

Awesome mock up from the controller thread
ps44459svv.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I remember having to pay more than that for games. Not fun.

EDIT: There will be a lot of disappoints tonight. I'm giving you guys an invite to join me on gaming side to view some of the meltdowns. People expecting vapor ware to come out of nowhere, no subscription fees, etc etc. Lol.

I still think I'll end up Nintendo and Sony, then MS waaaaay late in the generation. I've never had a reason to own the 360 aside from XBLA.

I remember having to pay 100 dollars for Earthbound on SNES.

eznark

Banned
Would be terrible for gamers if any of the big 3 bought Valve.

Not really. Valve's business model is easy to duplicate. They've laid the groundwork, if they fuck it up bad enough there are a half dozen other services that can fill that void easily. Origin, Impulse, even small players like GMG or a site like Amazon could do everything Valve does.

Not like they make games anymore.

cdyhybrid

Not really. Valve's business model is easy to duplicate. They've laid the groundwork, if they fuck it up bad enough there are a half dozen other services that can fill that void easily. Origin, Impulse, even small players like GMG or a site like Amazon could do everything Valve does.

Valve cannot be touched until DotA2 is complete. I forbid it.

KingGondo

Banned
If Sony reveals that Half-Life 3 will be a PS4 exclusive, I'll pre-order one today. Even for five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.

Dragon

Banned
If Sony reveals that Half-Life 3 will be a PS4 exclusive, I'll pre-order one today. Even for five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.

You might as well say if the new Playstation plays Wii U games you'll preorder it. Because they're about as likely to happen!

Valve in and of itself is easily replaceable, but I doubt anyone will step into their place. EA for example will use their absence as an excuse to inflate costs, ot decrease them.

cdyhybrid

Pretty sure by the time Dota 2 is "out" I will have played it for 750 hours and be totally uninterested in Dota 2.

I'd just be getting warmed up at 750 hours!

I would lose all faith in Gaben if he made HL3 a console exclusive. He would never do that. It's blasphemous to even suggest such a thing!

eznark

Banned
Valve in and of itself is easily replaceable, but I doubt anyone will step into their place. EA for example will use their absence as an excuse to inflate costs, ot decrease them.

Amazon already clowned them in the Winter Sale. Valve is slipping and now they just fired everyone. Valve is dead. Sony bought them. Announcement tonight.

Ice Frog is working on the sequel to that LOTR moba.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd just be getting warmed up at 750 hours!

I would lose all faith in Gaben if he made HL3 a console exclusive. He would never do that. It's blasphemous to even suggest such a thing!

I think you can sleep easy knowing this will never, ever happen.

Especially since Half Life 3 will never ever happen.

Top Bottom