• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

eznark

Banned
I feel like when ice fishing it's mostly pike and northern. I don't care enough to actually look into it or if there is a reason for it.

Dragon

Banned
What does a spoiler free thread of a gaming related news announcement entail?

Sony
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
the next
bahblahblahblah
called the
blahblahblahblahblah

Reading the thread it seems like it's just a link to an archived stream so anyone who wants to can watch it without being spoiled. Seems dumb to me too but whatever.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Reading the thread it seems like it's just a link to an archived stream so anyone who wants to can watch it without being spoiled. Seems dumb to me too but whatever.

Especially considering you're going to have thread titles in all caps every time a new major detail surfaces.

That playstation thread is getting me excited, to bad I'm gonna miss the live stream :/

Yeah I am going crazy waiting for tonight. I am sure we are going to be blown away. I just hope we get all the info that they gave for the vita reveal, they gave out price and a release window plus a tons of game announcements.

Yeah I am going crazy waiting for tonight. I am sure we are going to be blown away. I just hope we get all the info that they gave for the vita reveal, they gave out price and a release window plus a tons of game announcements.

I'm fully anticipating to be disappointed tonight, but I'm really excited. I hope they just go all out tonight, especially with games.

Half Life 3 as a Playstation 4 exclusive or something like that would be so much fun.

Marks my words Yankee,

no matter what happens, people will be disappointed. That has nothing to do with Sony.

Dragon

Banned
arthur.jpg

You guys can have a nice hug with Gies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm probably the only person who wants an omega beast of a console priced at around 600 bucks or more.

Better console games means better PC games!

bionic77

I thought they all walked on their tiptoes for some reason.

The game is excellent, by the way. I just wish there was a combo of classic/casual gameplay. I wanted players to perma-die, but I just don't have the time to play to not be able to save whenever I want, so I had to use that function. Now I have all these characters that I feel a need to level. Is that the wrong strategy, should I just focus on a regular 10 or so?
Generally you are given some overpowered characters at the start of the game. Try not to spend much if any time leveling them up. You need to focus on the main characters and at least one character in every class. This will pay off big time later on. So make sure to have a strong axe, sword, Pegasus knight, mage, etc. Focus on the speed at which characters level up and what attributes they get. If you have an axe guy who keeps leveling up his HP but not his strength or other attributes don't focus too much on him and at most make him your secondary axe dude.

Also on the saving thing in the prior games whenever you turned it off that is exactly where you would start up. That is not the case in this game? I used to just sleep and resume in the earlier games. Would be weird if they changed that.

I am sure some people will be disappointed no matter what is shown but I think MS and Sony are both going to put out amazing consoles next gen, and I am super excited to see them and hear about some of the new features they will have.

Dennard found guilty for punching a cop before the draft, sentencing April 11

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard has been found guilty on charges of resisting arrest & assaulting an officer in relation to April 2012 incident.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Dennard was found not guilty on charges of assaulting a Lincoln, Neb. man. More info to come as available.

You know what is a fun game? Splinter Cell: Conviction
If fun means having your dick run over by a lawn mower, then sure! That's about what I would equate to my experience of playing Splinter Cell:Conviction.

...and yes that's hyperbole but I seriously despised Conviction. :(

what the hell kind of multiplayer mode does FE have? That is the one type of game where I would hate to play MP.
I think it's just some weird challenge mode where you team up with another player to take on some computer opponents. It's just fighting though, I don't even think there's a map. There's also a bunch of spotpass stuff where you can do stuff like designate a certain number of characters as your spotpass team and then when someone spotpasses you they can try to challenge your team (and recruit your characters if they win, I think).

Of course, spotpass doesn't mean a whole lot when you live where I do.

Draxal

I think it's just some weird challenge mode where you team up with another player to take on some computer opponents. It's just fighting though, I don't even think there's a map. There's also a bunch of spotpass stuff where you can do stuff like designate a certain number of characters as your spotpass team and then when someone spotpasses you they can try to challenge your team (and recruit your characters if they win, I think).

Of course, spotpass doesn't mean a whole lot when you live where I do.

Ya, there's pretty much no online mp with fire emblem, it's just some weird local hybrid using street pass (which is what Darkest Red is describing here).

Now there's plenty of dlc, free through spotpass and paid as well.

squicken

Fired Bills coach says Fitz the problem

If Pete Metzelaars had the chance to improve the Buffalo Bills, then he would begin by replacing quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

"I don't want to throw Fitz under the bus, but you've got to get an answer at quarterback," Metzelaars told me. "That's got to be the No. 1 priority."

Metzelaars has intimate knowledge of Buffalo's offense as the tight ends coach. He was dismissed along with the rest of the staff when the team fired head coach Chan Gailey.

Metzelaars' opinion always will carry weight among Bills fans. He was an important player on all four Super Bowl teams and still holds several club records for tight ends.

He didn't dither when I asked him what the Bills' biggest problem is.

"If you have a dominating defense, you can get by with an average to below-average quarterback," Metzelaars said. "If you don't have a dominating defense, you need a winning quarterback in the NFL.

"Fitz is an average to below-average kind of guy, and unfortunately he made some bad decisions at the end of games and then didn't make plays at the ends of other games we had chances to win. So it's got to start there."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-...ls-bills-it-starts-with-ryan-fitzpatrick.html

Top Bottom