• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

Well it's definitely not contractions since I mistakenly left one out in that post!

But seriously, since when do Nintendo fans care about teh graphix?
I actually prefer 2D graphics when I can get them.

And the graphics in this game are adequate, but man as eznark said it is distracting seeing no feet.

eznark

Banned
Lol, and that took way too much effort on Walden's behalf.

It was much easier for Clay:

original.gif

Dragon

Banned

And the graphics in this game are adequate, but man as eznark said it is distracting seeing no feet.

Yeah I may check it out, but it's seemingly sold out everywhere and I'm not buying shit on the eShop.

Speaking of 2D games, I've been playing through Alundra on my Vita and man it is still a pretty game. Third best Zelda IMO!

eznark

Banned
Yeah I may check it out, but it's seemingly sold out everywhere and I'm not buying shit on the eShop.

Speaking of 2D games, I've been playing through Alundra on my Vita and man it is still a pretty game. Third best Zelda IMO!

Behind Ocarina and Darksiders 1?

eznark

Banned
At least you don't miss football anymore slo!

Come down and do some ice fishin. Looks like the pond will freeze over tomorrow.

I love how some of the maps look with the 3D turned on. There are lots of cool little touches like birds, cliffs, clouds, and stuff like that. The sprites are really nice as well. Honestly I would have preferred the entire game be nice 2D like BlazBlue or something but the 3D models have grown on me.

bionic77

I love how some of the maps look with the 3D turned on. There are lots of cool little touches like birds, cliffs, clouds, and stuff like that. The sprites are really nice as well. Honestly I would have preferred the entire game be nice 2D like BlazBlue or something but the 3D models have grown on me.
The 3D models are not bad and this is a perfect game for the 3D effect (Kid Icarus was just too fast for me to play it with it on). But it looks so weird seeing them walk around without feet.

I am hoping I can make my own character into the boss of all bosses and maybe see if I can spread my seed throughout the kingdom. Probably not possible in this game but I am still going to try.

eznark

Banned
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130219/PKR07/302190379/Mike-Vandermause-column-Packers-learned-from-Driver-mistake

This is nuts for the very end: There is a very real possibility that the Packers will enter the 2013 season with only 2 (3 tops) players 30 years old or older.

Slo

At least you don't miss football anymore slo!

Come down and do some ice fishin. Looks like the pond will freeze over tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Jesus we've got like a foot and a half of ice up here.

And I think you're right. Nothing chases those winter blues away like wandering out alone into the middle of a cold, barren, and desolate frozen pond, drilling a hole in the ice and staring blankly into the deep dark abyss for hours with only your thoughts and a 1.75 of the grocery store vodka to keep you company.

eznark

Banned
Tomorrow? Jesus we've got like a foot and a half of ice up here.

And I think you're right. Nothing chases those winter blues away like wandering out alone into the middle of a cold, barren, and desolate frozen pond, drilling a hole in the ice and staring blankly into the deep dark abyss for hours with only your thoughts and a 1.75 of the grocery store vodka to keep you company.

It was 60 degrees on Monday here! I've only had one good day of ice fishing.

bionic77

I hate fishing. Ice fishing sounds like the worst.

Deep sea fishing is ok. Only because I love seafood.

Someone needs to invent a way to fish on a jetski. I would get behind that sport.

bionic77

It's a shame Rodgers couldn't better prepare San Fran for the Flac Attac
It is so easy to shut down the Ravens offense.

Harbs disgraced that once great franchise by not coaching his players well enough.

And Kap could have gone down as a decent one time SB champ like Steve Young. Now he will be remembered as the guy who choked with the game on the line, like Neil ODonnel.

Slo

I hate fishing. Ice fishing sounds like the worst.

It's like all the things you love about regular fishing, but with the added benefit of hypothermia, frost bite, and if you play your cards right you'll be able to shit in a five gallon bucket in in front of 3 other dudes in an ice shack.

eznark

Banned
It's like all the things you love about regular fishing, but with the added benefit of hypothermia, frost bite, and if you play your cards right you'll be able to shit in a five gallon bucket in in front of 3 other dudes in an ice shack.

Try not to oversell it, I don't want all of GAF to show up here.

bionic77

Are you the guy who was in charge of marketing the WiiU?

Never played Ocarina and Darksiders didn't really gel with me. I didn't have an N64 either. Always been a Genesis/Playstation guy. I love Zelda II though.
Wow must have sucked to miss out on OOT and Mario64.

Those were once in a lifetime gaming moments.

Spinluck

the waters were a fire those nights

I offered my brother a spot onto the Colts bandwagon if you guys start Sanchez again (he's a Jets fan). I am giving you that same opportunity, it's the least I can do. No need to be fans of a circus act of an organization that won a fluke Superbowl ages ago, against one of the best teams ever...

Dragon

Banned
wut? You have a 3DS right? Go pick up OoT nao

Yeah I do. I should. I may after Alundra. But Alundra is pretty long, 30 hours+.

I am sure it is still a good game, but you can't replicate what it was like to play that game back in 98 or Mario back whenever that came out.

He missed out.

So you think people only bought OoT 3D solely for nostalgia purposes? I'm assuming they upresed it and optimized it for two screens and all that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

So if I end up moving to Minneapolis, this is something I should not do?

bionic77

Yeah I do. I should. I may after Alundra. But Alundra is pretty long, 30 hours+.

So you think people only bought OoT 3D solely for nostalgia purposes? I'm assuming they upresed it and optimized it for two screens and all that.
I am sure the game is still a great game in 2013 and I am sure they did something to update it, at least graphically.

But somethings have to be experienced when they come out. MGS1 was a mindblowing experience in 1998, but it wouldn't blow anyone away today. Same with a game like OOT. MGS and OOT are still great games today, but you definitely miss out if you didn't play them when they were released.

Man that was a fucking awesome fall/winter for games...

Why don't the characters in Fire Emblem have feet?

It is very weird.

I thought they all walked on their tiptoes for some reason.

The game is excellent, by the way. I just wish there was a combo of classic/casual gameplay. I wanted players to perma-die, but I just don't have the time to play to not be able to save whenever I want, so I had to use that function. Now I have all these characters that I feel a need to level. Is that the wrong strategy, should I just focus on a regular 10 or so?

You know what is a fun game? Splinter Cell: Conviction, re-playing it now, makes me look forward to the new one. Yes, I miss the real stealth from the old games, but especially the co-op is a lot of fun.

Also looking forward to the Sony thing tonight, can't wait to be disappointed.

You know what is a fun game? Splinter Cell: Conviction, re-playing it now, makes me look forward to the new one. Yes, I miss the real stealth from the old games, but especially the co-op is a lot of fun.

Also looking forward to the Sony thing tonight, can't wait to be disappointed.
I agree. I picked that game up for like 5 bucks well after it came out and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, especially with how everyone always talked about how bad it was. I never got the chance to play co-op though, but I heard it was great.

brentech

Fuuuuuu the PS4 conference is in 7 hours and 40 minutes or so. On my way to work right now, I thought they'd have the conference at 5 PST or somewhere around that time.

I anticipate many bannings today.

:jncccc
It'll end up being a presentation on the new GOW multi player. Shit going down.

I agree. I picked that game up for like 5 bucks well after it came out and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, especially with how everyone always talked about how bad it was. I never got the chance to play co-op though, but I heard it was great.

The co-op is a lot more like the old school games, forced to use more stealth than in the SP. But I really like the SP as well, walking around on that carnaval for instance was great.

I thought the new one was to be released soon, but I see it got delayed :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The same type of fish that are in the lake when it's not frozen. Fish don't fly south for the winter.

laughed out loud, thanks!

edit: Well it seems Nintendo found a way to get me to spend 10 bucks on their store. 30 cent games for 30 days? I can do that.

Top Bottom