• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

First 20 minutes > last 100.

New GUI, photo/video sharing, live chat, and 8GB GDDR5 RAM = the hotness.

I guess the end was a "ha ha we have the Halo guys" thing but I was expecting a big reveal.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
First 20 minutes > last 100.

New GUI, photo/video sharing, live chat, and 8GB GDDR5 RAM = the hotness.

I would have quit watching after that had they said "we'll show you what it looks like at a later date".

I kept waiting for Kaz to walk out at the end holding it. The games look neat but they look like PC games I can play now (which we knew was going to be the graphics jump).

All this emphasis on "faster loadup" makes me wonder if they'll have the stones to get rid of all those obnoxious developer tool credit screens that make me take longer to actually play the game.

Im not much of a tech guy,can someone tell me what 8 GB of GDDR5 ram means?

Ridiculously fast and the console won't cost less than $450 at launch. It's like Kutaragi never left.

Or in terms of the DBZ power scale:

73710_o.gif

On the very positive side, Gran Turismo 6 will be bonkers

eznark

Banned
Day 1. Amazing. They could have ended it without showing any games. That engineer was incredible. The streaming/archiving stuff is boner fuel.

Day 1. Amazing. They could have ended it without showing any games. That engineer was incredible. The streaming/archiving stuff is boner fuel.
Yep. The games were icing as I really expected none of it. I expected them to show the console, throw up some slides and be done. We got some glimpses into the interface, connectivity, plans on the cloud gaming platform (which I'm personally a HUGE fan of seeing take off) AND a look at some games.

I'm in. Throw Sony's first party studios behind the machine and it's an easy sell.

Spinluck

I must say, the most innovative idea from Sony in a decade.

That solidified my purchase, along with them being ambitious as fuck.

Sony, and Nintendo next gen for me. Xbox second half of next gen, maybe.
Sony might finally get it, they are essentially patching up all their fuck ups one by one.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I would say that I'm going to wait until I see what 720 looks like but I doubt we'll ever see a Yakuza game on an Xbox. If Japan does anything in HD, it'll be on PS4 no matter what unless MS moneyhats a few exclusives again.

Godslay

Banned
God I hope the PS4 doesn't enter Vita territory. I don't think it will, but then again I though Vita would be successful based on specs. 8 GB GDDR5 is crazy though. I'd snap it up at $449 in a heartbeat.

brentech

I'm hype. Because of their desire to connect even more devices, I'm fairly confident that the Vita should work well with it. Win win

Sounds like an absolute power house.

Started XCom, really liking it. Just a few missions in. I have a whole lot to learn.

Eh...The only game I was interested in I couldn't see because my stream crashed (Capcom's game.)

Otherwise it's just the same stuff in a different box. Not big on the sharing/video stuff personally, though it's nice to have.

MS will answer back, without a doubt. They have a war chest that is rivaled by few companies on the planet.

All this means is that I'll have to buy both day 1! My poor wallet that already has no money in it! I guess i could sell some stock :((

Dragon

Banned
Eh...The only game I was interested in I couldn't see because my stream crashed (Capcom's game.)

Otherwise it's just the same stuff in a different box. Not big on the sharing/video stuff personally, though it's nice to have.

Dude you're a WiiU owner, you should be used to the same stuff in a different box.

mr2xxx

Banned
MS will answer back, without a doubt. They have a war chest that is rivaled by few companies on the planet.

All this means is that I'll have to buy both day 1! My poor wallet that already has no money in it! I guess i could sell some stock :((

It's a little too late to do anything about it at this stage though. It's not like MS is going to suddenly up its ram to 16gb and get a diff. graphics card. I guess it really depends if the PS4 being 15-30% more powerful would actually matter to the avg. person which is probably no.

The biggest thing I'm hyped for is that my Vita will actually be useful now. I could play Diablo 3 on it now. Not the greatest game but playing it in bed and listening to a podcast while the GF watches her horrible shows seems fun.

Godslay

Banned
So where does this leave the Wii U?

As the home of Nintendo games, like all of the Nintendo consoles before. PS4 doesn't really change much for the Wii U imo. We all knew it would get mediocre to poor 3rd party support, and would be propped up by 1st party stuff. PS4 doesn't impact that.

Top Bottom