• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

if NNK is so bad why is your avatar from the game!

and i don't know, i'm only about 13 hours in and i'm still lovin' it. but im still lovin' NNK about 18 hours in too you monster!

NNK is good but the familiar catching mechanics are ass(pure luck). I spent 3+ hours last night trying to catch 2 particular familiars and no luck. They make all the good ones impossible to catch!

bionic77

i'm ready to deem fire emblem game of the year. i dont give a fuck what comes out on ps3/ps4 or xbox 360/720 or wiiU (are there any more games coming out this year?). fire emblem is the shit
Bro fucking fist. You and I are not so different friend. We both recognize true gaming greatness and we both hate the Ravens.

Get the GBA games after this one, They are so good.

Well I just remembered that graphical demo from SE, that was really cool but I think it was theoretical in nature and took them ages to make it.

Just seems like graphics are nudging up against a giant cost/benefit issue. Graphics cards continue to improve but we are seeing more marginal returns as time goes on.

SE showed that demo last year.

SE has a whole slew of problems.

bionic77

How about feet? Are you super excited over those?
The gameplay is so great no one gives a fuck about the graphics.

You wouldn't underatand though. Your arms are probably sore and your hand is probably raw from rubbing one out to PS4 renders and an ad of Tammy modeling some Uggz or tampons or whatever the fuck she/he sells to you whores.

Edit: fixed

Spinluck

I will buy a PS4 at launch.

Ditto.

Also, how would playing a game before it's finished downloading work?

Will the most important assets of the game be downloaded first? Streaming?

Like how does that work? Games aren't video, so this is just confusing me.

I'm trying to remain chill about the price, cause I remember that people were claiming that the OLED and Quad Core the Vita was packing would make it $500. The $250 at E3 shocked every, and sealed the deal for that 3DS price cut.

Sony can afford to sell this at a lost for 2-3yrs right? They'll be profiting off PS3, and hopefully Vita by then. I am almost 100% sure that the most of those online features won't be free, hope I'm wrong though. Hopefully they follow PSN Plus pricing.

Good to know next NFL season I will be sitting comfy with a PS4 and Wii U in my house.

Godslay

Banned
All the FE talk, even in here, has me tempted to finally open it up.

Dammit!

You wouldn't underatand though. Your arms are probably sore and your hand is probably raw from running one out to PS4 renders and an ad of Tammy modeling some Uggz or tampons or whatever the fuck he sells to you whores.

:jnc

Bro fucking fist. You and I are not so different friend. We both recognize true gaming greatness and we both hate the Ravens.

Get the GBA games after this one, They are so good.

i don't have a GBA though :(

hoping nintendo releases them on the 3ds e-shop or something. how is advance wars?

You wouldn't underatand though. Your arms are probably sore and your hand is probably raw from running one out to PS4 renders and an ad of Tammy modeling some Uggz or tampons or whatever the fuck he sells to you whores.

??

NomarTyme

I think you mean rubbing, but jnc:

4AM? damn
Meh just sleep and wake up to a some surprises.... hopefully.

Advance Wars is pretty damn good. It was pretty hard to find a copy or either one the last time I check. Could have changed though.

I brought the gba version with no box 4 years ago.

bionic77

i don't have a GBA though :(

hoping nintendo releases them on the 3ds e-shop or something. how is advance wars?
Advance wars is awesome until you play Fire Emblem. Then it feels like some kiddy garbage shit.

And honestly fuck Nintendo for not having veery Fire Emblem game available for download. Those shitheads made us wait forever before they brought it stateside.

Dont take your anger out on the Pats because your wife doesnt let you play video games on the Tv.

Advance wars is awesome until you play Fire Emblem. Then it feels like some kiddy garbage shit.

And honestly fuck Nintendo for not having veery Fire Emblem game available for download. Those shitheads made us wait forever before they brought it stateside.

i don't get nintendo sometimes. they are sitting on a goldmine of old classics that they could throw on their various DD services and people would eat it up but they never do

I'm probably not gonna get a PS4 at launch without knowing what games will be there, especially since I got a Wii U at launch. I need something other than shooters and racing games.

bionic77

Dont take your anger out on the Pats because your wife doesnt let you play video games on the Tv.
Dude I am not poor. I will probably get a PS4 at launch just like I got the 3.

I am just calling it like it is. Like when I told you suckas that the Pats were fools gold or that I was worried about the Ravens fluking their way to a win over San Fran.

bionic77

i don't get nintendo sometimes. they are sitting on a goldmine of old classics that they could throw on their various DD services and people would eat it up but they never do
I think the problem is their Japanese ISP. They probably have caps and throttle downloads if they release too many games in one year.

That or they are retarded and greedy,

Eastern business practices. Nintendo are an archaic as fuck company in more than a few ways. There are certain things they'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming into.

DD on all Nintendo titles on the Wii U at launch was a massive step for them, for instance.

Gaming side is a mess right now.

Is there anywhere I can watch the conference? I must have been saved somewhere right?

Reading is cool but I want to see all this jazz. Help a NFL-Gaf brother.

Like I did with the PS3, I think I'm waiting for that first price drop and/or redesign before biting. If I was into that whole social network integration stuff and all that, maybe I'd be all geeked up. But I'm old, and antisocial.

I like their promise of things like faster boot ups and playing a game while it downloads, but I have my doubts until I actually see that stuff for real.

Also, there's still the question of if they're going to destroy used games or not.....and, of course, how much the thing is going to cost.

NomarTyme

Looks like either one sell for around $25 - $40 on ebay. Not too bad for the amount of play you'll get out of them.
Gonna sell mine!
Gaming side is a mess right now.

Is there anywhere I can watch the conference? I must have been saved somewhere right?

Reading is cool but I want to see all this jazz. Help a NFL-Gaf brother.

You can watch it all at gametrailers, but they're broke down to individual trailers.

Like I did with the PS3, I think I'm waiting for that first price drop and/or redesign before biting. If I was into that whole social network integration stuff and all that, maybe I'd be all geeked up. But I'm old, and antisocial.

I like their promise of things like faster boot ups and playing a game while it downloads, but I have my doubts until I actually see that stuff for real.

Also, there's still the question of if they're going to destroy used games or not.....and, of course, how much the thing is going to cost.

You shouldnt be too skeptical about improved boot speeds and multitasking. The thing has 8GB of DDR5 which is insane.

squicken

The 8 GB of DDR5 is huge. The bottleneck for consoles always ends up being RAM. I know MS is bolting on some EDRAM, but they are behind in the specs game. And what do they have now that Bungie is gone? Good conference for Sony.

We are so far out that the games themselves aren't too important. I thought KZ looked very PS3.5. That's just not going to cut it now. No more corridor shooters, even if the corridors are wider. I'm curious how much they are really going to kill retail. Selling games online is neat, as is letting me play them as they download. But if it is still cheaper to go to Gamestop then nothing has changed.

btw if Sony was going to allow used games, or allow you to play offline, they would have beat their chests about it. They didn't, which means they are doing what MS is doing

NomarTyme

The 8 GB of DDR5 is huge. The bottleneck for consoles always ends up being RAM. I know MS is bolting on some EDRAM, but they are behind in the specs game. And what do they have now that Bungie is gone? Good conference for Sony.

We are so far out that the games themselves aren't too important. I thought KZ looked very PS3.5. That's just not going to cut it now. No more corridor shooters, even if the corridors are wider. I'm curious how much they are really going to kill retail. Selling games online is neat, as is letting me play them as they download. But if it is still cheaper to go to Gamestop then nothing has changed.

btw if Sony was going to allow used games, or allow you to play offline, they would have beat their chests about it. They didn't, which means they are doing what MS is doing
or they're not blowing all their load till E3.

Rorschach

Maybe, but maybe they didn't because neither are doing it or they're waiting for MS to announce that.

squicken

or they're not blowing all their load till E3.

That's not an E3 feature. It's something they would have built in to the firmware. I have no doubt that publishers demanded that from both of them. It's done. You need internet, and you can't play used games.

Backwards compatibility is also pretty shitty. I imagine Activision will want some fee for you to play older games. I'm sure this Sony Gakai thing will work for first party. But the publishers will want you to buy their catalog games b/c they can and you will

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Still have the 720 and GabeCube to be revealed. My monies are waiting.

Unless GT6 is a launch title, then those monies are going to Sony.

I used to be the guy that hated the social network angle when it came to games but now it turns out that these features are some of my favorite features of the new systems.

NomarTyme

That's not an E3 feature. It's something they would have built in to the firmware. I have no doubt that publishers demanded that from both of them. It's done. You need internet, and you can't play used games.

Backwards compatibility is also pretty shitty. I imagine Activision will want some fee for you to play older games. I'm sure this Sony Gakai thing will work for first party. But the publishers will want you to buy their catalog games b/c they can and you will

I refuse.

Kind of knew that once Sony ripped PS2 BC out of the PS3 and then started selling the games on PSN that classic BC was dead to them forever. And then switching architectures for PS4 was like pissing on the grave of BC.

Ænima

i'm ready to deem fire emblem game of the year. i dont give a fuck what comes out on ps3/ps4 or xbox 360/720 or wiiU (are there any more games coming out this year?). fire emblem is the shit
Dark Souls 2 could come out this year, but other than that yeah. Nothing to get excited about on consoles.

squicken

Kind of knew that once Sony ripped PS2 BC out of the PS3 and then started selling the games on PSN that classic BC was dead to them forever. And then switching architectures for PS4 was like pissing on the grave of BC.

Yeah it's just so clear which way the wind blows here. And it's kind of funny. People get mad that Nintendo won't sell them catalog games on their 3DS, but get pissed at Sony and MS for not letting them play catalog games on new consoles for free

It's not that I am championing the idea, I just always find it strange this weird logic hole Apple and Nintendo occupy. People buy phones and iPads every few years but bleat about a $500 console that will last much longer

Top Bottom