• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

I've never seen a James Bond movie

That's odd, but I guess if you dad isn't a fan of the movies, you never would get attached to them as a kid.

edit: Definitely getting to the wankery and plagiarism parts. lol. Man it started so good

haha I don't know how to feel about the end

Saw the Mallory bit coming, but not the Moneypenny thing. idk. Not sure all the self-referential stuff worked. Just seemed to clash with the overall tenor of the film. You've got all the isolationism of the Scottish setting, but Bond using the DB5 gadgets. Just too much of a clash

cajunator

Banned
tonight was one of those barnburner night.
it was a worknight of legendary proportions where fate decided to take a steaming megadump on me for the sheer twisted evil fucked up thrill of it.
it was as though a hundred clusters of a hundred fucks decided to reconcile their diferences as one entity under murphys law of every possible thing bad that can happen will not only happen but also laugh at you while fucking your sister.
so yeah its been a bad night.

cajunator

Banned
You need a hug?

I'm back home. Its all good.
I had to get a truck leaking diesel fuel off an air force base and three other trailers didnt work at a particular loading terminal due to expired paperwork so I had to reroute all kinds of shit all night while dealing with fuel retains because of all the rain and one driver who called in sick and way too many loads to cover on the day shift. Everything basically fell apart and went to shit. I got it straightened up though. Its what I do.

squicken

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Lot of opinions here about what top receiver UFAs may command. Heard Greg Jennings wants $14M/year. Tough to see that happening.

BigAT

Cut information:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
-Falcons are likely to release running back Michael Turner, who is scheduled to make $6.9 million this season.
-When two sides meet this am, Eagles will ask CB Nnamdi Asomugha to restructure contract or they will release him. Asomugha guaranteed $4mil.

Nakazato

Cut information:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
-Falcons are likely to release running back Michael Turner, who is scheduled to make $6.9 million this season.
-When two sides meet this am, Eagles will ask CB Nnamdi Asomugha to restructure contract or they will release him. Asomugha guaranteed $4mil.

Falcons Want Eddie Lacy *trades up to 15 to get him*

Wexell says rumored Steelers "March massacre" cutting of vets isn't going to happen. Harrison, Foote, Keisel expected back.

Mistake for the steelers.

MechDX

Sold my Walmart stock, getting my pre-approval letters for auto loans....time to start looking for the wife a new truck.

Think we have pretty much narrowed it down to the F150 or the Dodge 1500. The Tundra just gets REALLY shitty MPG so it is pretty much a no go.

Any of you guys get BB10? Eznark i'm looking in your direction...

Sold my Walmart stock, getting my pre-approval letters for auto loans....time to start looking for the wife a new truck.

Think we have pretty much narrowed it down to the F150 or the Dodge 1500. The Tundra just gets REALLY shitty MPG so it is pretty much a no go.

I could have sworn you said this exact thing just last week.

MechDX

Any of you guys get BB10? Eznark i'm looking in your direction...

I could have sworn you said this exact thing just last week.

Started considering it last week, now I am implementing it. I love you guys and appreciate the feedback ya'll give. Except for Gator....unless Im shopping for Uggs or bags of male sexual organs.

WedgeX

Banned
Avril and the Lions are meeting during the combine. I really hope Mayhew doesn't give him big monies and a long contract. Now medium monies and a long contract I'd feel better about.

Ravens Center Matt Birk retiring.

Baltimore Ravens @Ravens

Matt Birk: "Today I'm announcing my retirement from the NFL."

Also, Titans have signed S George Wilson, formerly of the Bills:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Titans announced a deal with free agent S George Wilson, formerly of the Bills. They showed immediate interest, as did Detroit

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It seems like no matter how much I try, I can't get into Monster Hunter. I tried a few times on PSP because my brothers and others, rant and rave about the series but the clunky controls and horrible camera angles just kill the game for me.

I'm talking about the MH 3DS demo that came out yesterday BTW. Maybe the console versions are better....

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
More from Barkley: "read option QB's might be successful now but super bowl winning QB plays the way i play"

And he's right. Read-option QBs are a fad and won't last long for numerous reasons. Defenses will adjust, and injuries to these lanky QBs like Kaep and RG3 will take their toll (and already have).

Also people seem to throw Russell Wilson into the read option mix but the few times I saw him play (including a loss at Detroit) he was a pocket passer with mobile abilities.

If I'm running a franchise and have a pick at any of the young QBs I go with Stafford or Luck.

More from Barkley: "read option QB's might be successful now but super bowl winning QB plays the way i play"

And he's right. Read-option QBs are a fad and won't last long for numerous reasons. Defenses will adjust, and injuries to these lanky QBs like Kaep and RG3 will take their toll (and already have).

Also people seem to throw Russell Wilson into the read option mix but the few times I saw him play (including a loss at Detroit) he was a pocket passer with mobile abilities.

If I'm running a franchise and have a pick at any of the young QBs I go with Stafford or Luck.
Ha, interesting.

Kap has a better arm and is more accurate than stafford. That is to speak nothing of his great athletic ability.

To say kap was only successful running the read option is stupid. The read option makes the defense have to account for additional dangers and opens up big plays for the qb passing as well.

The read option is just a formation like any other to cause problems with the defense

Well at least you are 50% is time, that is infinitely more right then you usually are.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
While it is a shithole I don't think insanely priced homes are something to celebrate either.

I really don't understand how home prices in New England are so high. The houses are a million years old and need work, the median household income is about 55k, yet those homes go for like 400-500k easily.

One of you Bawstin types need to explain it to me.

Mike Tannebaums 2013 mock draft.
1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT
2. JAX - Demarcus Milliner CB
3. OAK - Sharrif Floyd DT
4. PHI - Star Lotulelei DT
5. DET - Dion Jordan DE
6. CLE - Chance Warmack G
7. ARZ - Geno Smith QB
8. BUF - Kenny Vaccaro S
9. NYJ - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
10. TEN - Sheldon Richardson DT
Guess it only goes to ten

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kap has a better arm and is more accurate than stafford. That is to speak nothing of his great athletic ability.

No one in the league has a better arm than Stafford other than maybe Jay Cutler. Most people who watch the game would admit that. Kap has a strong arm from what I've seen but Stafford is another level.

As for accuracy we'll have to see Kap play more than 10 games before we declare him better than Stafford.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=stafford windows

To say kap was only successful running the read option is stupid. The read option makes the defense have to account for additional dangers and opens up big plays for the qb passing as well.

The read option is just a formation like any other to cause problems with the defense

That wasn't the only formation SF ran I agree but there has never been an offense that focused on getting the QB out of the pocket, that has succeded. Its to dangerous to be forcing your QB out of the pocket 1 out of 4 plays.

Defensive coordinators will have an offseason to adjust. And considering RG3s injury so will offensive coordinators.

Mike Tannebaums 2013 mock draft.

Guess it only goes to ten

God I hope Detroit goes with Dion Jordan. Best rusher off the edge in this draft but a lot of people consider him a reach at #5 for whatever reason.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No one in the league has a better arm than Stafford other than maybe Jay Cutler. Most people who watch the game would admit that. Kap has a strong arm from what I've seen but Stafford is another level.

Now I know you see Rodgers play at least twice a year so I don't get how you can say this with a straight face. Rodgers zips off 40+ yard bullets scrambling out of the pocket and off balance all the time.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Now I know you see Rodgers play at least twice a year so I don't get how you can say this with a straight face. Rodgers zips off 40+ yard bullets scrambling out of the pocket and off balance all the time.

Rodgers is up there, no doubt. In fact Id say the three strongest arms in the league reside in the North.

As for accuracy we'll have to see Kap play more than 10 games before we declare him better than Stafford.

kap was throwing a baseball 90+mph as a senior in highschool... cmon son

squicken

Rams GM Les Snead on Danny Amendola:"Productivity outweighs potential and you've got 2 be on the field 2 be productive."

Bye bye Danny :(

Top Bottom