• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
Console fanboys/wars are a funny thing.

Sure it's sort of understandable when you're a kid and mommy can only afford one console. But when you're a grown ass man/adult, I see no reason to swear your allegiance to one console. Or even be "against" a platform, wtf? Lol. Especially with a hobby as diverse as gaming. It's fucking stupid, and is a mentality that many should have grown out of a long time ago.

Poors

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Andrew Gribble ‏@Andrew_Gribble
Chance Warmack said he's been informed that he'll likely be fined if he wears his jersey in the NFL like he did at Alabama.

jTnWMFx.jpg

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Free agent DL Chris Canty is lining up visits w/ Packers and Jags for after the combine.
Canty has played 3-4 end for the Cowboys. Could be a nice pickup for the Packers if he can stay healthy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Guess LSU coaches would put these up during the year, and are continuing to give poor evals on Montgomery

bdvd5yiciairrbqewds7.jpg

I like how Les Miles won't dare put his job in jeopardy by suspending these guys, but he'll throw them under the bus for the NFL. Typical college cowardice.

squicken

I like how Les Miles won't dare put his job in jeopardy by suspending these guys, but he'll throw them under the bus for the NFL. Typical college cowardice.

Apparently that dates from last offseason, and was intended to motivate players, and never be seen by scouts. Someone took a picture and put it on the internet, and it's gained new life b/c of reports about Montgomery's work ethic

squicken

Mort speculating that Kolb is going to be released. My solution: Kolb to KC, Cassel to AZ.

I was actually thinking it makes great sense for Kolb to go to KC and hold the fort until they can find their next QB. He's not awful when he gets protection, and KC has a good OL

Slo

Doesn't bother me. What's the point of suspending them? If they suspend them everybody loses, the player, the coach, the fans, the university. If the all they do is be vocal about the bad behavior, the only person that loses is the jackoff player, and even then it's less severe.

I don't understand the perceived bravery of falling on that sword. Who are you becoming a martyr for?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Doesn't bother me. What's the point of suspending them? If they suspend them everybody loses, the player, the coach, the fans, the university. If the all they do is be vocal about the bad behavior, the only person that loses is the jackoff player, and even then it's less severe.

I don't understand the perceived bravery of falling on that sword. Who are you becoming a martyr for?

Law and order. Man up and suspend the best player. Everyone else will fall in line. That is an old picture, though. If it was during the offseason, there's not much you can do.

cajunator

Banned

Sure it's sort of understandable when you're a kid and mommy can only afford one console. But when you're a grown ass man/adult, I see no reason to swear your allegiance to one console. Or even be "against" a platform, wtf? Lol. Especially with a hobby as diverse as gaming. It's fucking stupid, and is a mentality that many should have grown out of a long time ago.

silly poors. Having to choose.

Law and order. Man up and suspend the best player. Everyone else will fall in line. That is an old picture, though. If it was during the offseason, there's not much you can do.

He did though. Tyrann Matthieu.
And before that Ryan Perilloux was let go and it pretty much sunk the season behind Jarret Lee (I watched several games at tiger Stadium including one where he threw a pick 6 at the beginning of the game)
LSU probably does a lot of shady shit but they do let troublesome players go if its severe enough.

mr2xxx

Banned
You also you have the fact that top level recruits are going to shy away from a school that does that. You can't have the perception that you will throw a kid under the bus to NFL teams.

squicken

My favorite college coach trick is to suspend the kid who had the offseason DUI for the first quarter against Western Milwaukee State. Or even better, if the first game is against a good school, delay the suspension until the first blood donor game

eznark

Banned
My favorite college coach trick is to suspend the kid who had the offseason DUI for the first quarter against Western Milwaukee State. Or even better, if the first game is against a good school, delay the suspension until the first blood donor game

There is no such thing as Western Milwaukee State.

bionic77

A lot of people have small brains and even smaller dicks and somehow associate with a certain brand of electronics. The same shit happens with cell phones too.

All I ever cared about were controllers and the games. The name on the hardware doesn't mean anything.

cdyhybrid

(I watched several games at tiger Stadium including one where he threw a pick 6 at the beginning of the game)

You're gonna have to be a little more specific. He threw pick sixes like Freeman visits Taco Bell.

You also you have the fact that top level recruits are going to shy away from a school that does that. You can't have the perception that you will throw a kid under the bus to NFL teams.

This is LSU. The program recruits itself.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Isn't that the Saban way?

Read a few sources claiming that the Vikings will be going back to the old jerseys fulltime next year. Or at the very least altering them for a retro look.

url_zps1dee2c2a.jpg

Thank god.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Read a few sources claiming that the Vikings will be going back to the old jerseys fulltime next year. Or at the very least altering them for a retro look.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/garrett101/url_zps1dee2c2a.jpg[/IM

Thank god.[/QUOTE]

Well the NFC North is all about old school well....everything, so I'm glad that Minnesota is falling in line. At least if you guys get the chance to lose in a Super Bowl again, it'll look familiar!

squicken

As San Francisco front-office representatives met with several agents to gauge the free-agent market on Friday at the NFL scouting combine, there was a common theme to their discussions.

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of money once we trade Smith. The 49ers spent much of the day checking with agents on the upcoming cornerback market, which will feature Aqib Talib, Leodis McKelvin, Greg Toler, Cary Williams, Sean Smith, Derek Cox, Quentin Jammer, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie and Michael Jenkins. Several of those players figure to cost in the area of $8 million to $9 million per year as the 49ers search for a No. 1 cornerback.

The Chiefs are unlikely to use the No. 1 overall pick on a quarterback this year because none of the top ones – such as Geno Smith and Matt Barkley – appear to be worth it. Several head coaches and offensive coordinators this week said they wouldn't be surprised if no quarterback were selected in the first round this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--4...-loom-as-possible-destinations-014704869.html

Roto:
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that the Chiefs "appear to be the most interested team" in Alex Smith, and are "unlikely" to use the No. 1 overall draft pick on a quarterback.
It's becoming clearer and clearer by the day that Geno Smith won't be drafted first overall. "Several" head coaches and coordinators around the NFL wouldn't be surprised if the entire first round passes by without a quarterback selected. Cole also mentions the Cardinals as a potential Smith suitor, although they're trying to restructure Kevin Kolb's deal at the moment. It's expected that Smith would cost no more than a fourth-round pick.
I think this could actually be a pretty good fit, they might be able to show big improvements from last year

bionic77

me 2... i say if the game sucks we both drive to SF and punch FMT right in the tenders
If you don't like Fire Emblem Awakening it is proof that you are defective as a human being and should attempt to either improve yourself or remove yourself from the gene pool.

I am on like Chapter 8 or 9 and I am ready to declare it game of the year and best Fire Emblem ever.

My character and Chrom are pretty much unstoppable at this point. Just need a super mage, axe dude, Pegasus knight and a few solid soldiers and I am set.

If you don't like Fire Emblem Awakening it is proof that you are defective as a human being and should attempt to either improve yourself or remove yourself from the gene pool.

I am on like Chapter 8 or 9 and I am ready to declare it game of the year and best Fire Emblem ever.

My character and Chrome are pretty much unstoppable at this point. Just need a super mage, axe dude, Pegasus knight and a few solid soldiers and I am set.

try summoning/fighting some of the street pass teams.... even chrom/your guy get worked with ease :(

I have gotten to the point where the leveling up guys are a little too strong for the rest of my characters.

I will also admit I don't know nor have I ever tried to use street pass.

Just click on wireless and try it out! Bonus items, bonus missions and if u beat the summoned team then their leader is yours!

Top Bottom