• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
kap was throwing a baseball 90+mph as a senior in highschool... cmon son

Stafford was a stud pitcher as well and was second in rotation at his high school, only behind Dodgers Cy Young winner, and good friend, Clayton Kershaw.

BTW I'm not saying Kap has a weak arm, its just not as strong as Staffs.

Arm strength is overrated.

But combined with accuracy and pocket presence a deadly combo.

squicken

If Chad Pennington had Jay Cutler's arm, he might be in the HoF. Dalton will forever be limited b/c his lack of arm strength. Sure, once you hit a certain level, it becomes less important. But watching Rodgers throw 40 yard ropes should dissuade anyone from calling arm strength overrated

bionic77

Kaep has the strongest arm by far.
Vick is up there as well.

But I agree that arm strength is overrated. You just need to be able to go deep. At a certain point it does not make a difference.

But it is hard to win with a noodle arm like Brady and Peyton have. The system for Brady and Peyton's smarts can disguise it in the regular season, but at some point you have to be able to make plays with your arm.

Fox318

If Chad Pennington had Jay Cutler's arm, he might be in the HoF. Dalton will forever be limited b/c his lack of arm strength. Sure, once you hit a certain level, it becomes less important. But watching Rodgers throw 40 yard ropes should dissuade anyone from calling arm strength overrated

:'(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

He'd also have to not be made of glass as well.

cdyhybrid

tonight was one of those barnburner night.
it was a worknight of legendary proportions where fate decided to take a steaming megadump on me for the sheer twisted evil fucked up thrill of it.
it was as though a hundred clusters of a hundred fucks decided to reconcile their diferences as one entity under murphys law of every possible thing bad that can happen will not only happen but also laugh at you while fucking your sister.
so yeah its been a bad night.

At least Sean Payton is back!

Stafford's got a gun no doubt, but Kaep's arm is no joke either. I'd put him up there with Stafford when it comes to arm strength for sure.

eznark

Banned
Oh goodie, now he'll have more time to devote to his anti-gay crusade.

images

When you don't have it though in cold windy, wintry places, you have a problem. The defense doesn't respect you deep, which causes huge problems.

Platitudes, frankly.

Going deep is a luxury, not a necessity. Again I point to Brady, who's had no problem with the short game in cold weather.

Platitudes, frankly.

Going deep is a luxury, not a necessity. Again I point to Brady, who's had no problem with the short game in cold weather.

I cant tell if you are being serious or not. Brady's playoff record is just .500 since he lost his camera advantage, and his playoff numbers are far worse then his regular season numbers. Once he gets to the playoffs teams really shorten the field aginst him knowing that he cant beat them deep anymore.

It was a necessity in the Ravens' playoff run this year.

Of course it was. Going deep relies more on quality receivers, which Flacco has, and less on quality throws, which Flacco lacks.

I cant tell if you are being serious or not. Brady's playoff record is just .500 since he lost his camera advantage, and his playoff numbers are far worse then his regular season numbers. Once he gets to the playoffs teams really shorten the field aginst him knowing that he cant beat them deep anymore.

Brady is 17-6 in the postseason. I hate him just as much as you do but let's put things in perspective here.

Of course it was. Going deep relies more on quality receivers, which Flacco has, and less on quality throws, which Flacco lacks.

It's really a shame the Ravens won. We'll see more "Fuck It and Chuck It" offenses next year. How many games did they get bailed out by 1, DPI; 2, a great catch; or 3, stupid safeties playing too shallow at the end of a game (I'm looking at you, Denver).

Harbaugh saying Alex Smith probably won't be released

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/22/harbaugh-alex-smith-wont-be-released/

squicken

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Rams coach Jeff Fisher says Rob Ryan told him he was leaving to work for Sean Payton by walking in office and dropping keys on his desk

hahaha

edit:

Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf
What would you rather have: Flacco or
Paul Kruger, Cary Williams, Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Arthur Jones, Dannell Ellerbe and Ed Reed?

cajunator

Banned
Bounty stuff aside, Rob Ryan's style of defense worked out pretty well for several seasons. I much prefer that aggressive style defense even if it does give up occasional plays because last year we had a read and dont react defense that didnt get pressure and still gave up all the big plays. Hopefully he tries some of that "amoeba defense" with players roaming around before the snap to confuse offenses. I liked that part of GW's defense.

Bounty stuff aside, Rob Ryan's style of defense worked out pretty well for several seasons. I much prefer that aggressive style defense even if it does give up occasional plays because last year we had a read and dont react defense that didnt get pressure and still gave up all the big plays. Hopefully he tries some of that "amoeba defense" with players roaming around before the snap to confuse offenses. I liked that part of GW's defense.

He did okay his year with the Browns too. Especially with what he had to work with.

The Pats will run the score up on the Saints if they get the chance.

Ænima

His defenses have always been terrible. It is a myth that he was good with the Browns/Raiders.

cajunator

Banned
Ænima;48092707 said:
The Saints need a defense that can at least generate turnovers. Rob's are never good at doing that.

The Saints havent been a team that generates turnovers for a long time. 2009 was lightning in a bottle because of Sharper back there. that guy is inhuman.

cdyhybrid

Yeah I'm all for being biased, makes things interesting, just don't be spewing uninformed bullshit constantly. Save that for when Cutler begs out of a championship game or something.

Does this mean we can stop hearing about how Brady isn't a system QB?

Spinluck

You guys need to grow thicker skin or you'll never make it through this generation.

Console fanboys/wars are a funny thing.

Sure it's sort of understandable when you're a kid and mommy can only afford one console. But when you're a grown ass man/adult, I see no reason to swear your allegiance to one console. Or even be "against" a platform, wtf? Lol. Especially with a hobby as diverse as gaming. It's fucking stupid, and is a mentality that many should have grown out of a long time ago.

Top Bottom