• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
Who wouldn't want the hands in Charles's hands instead of Cassel's. They did score more TDs on the ground than through the air in the entire season. Cassel only avg. 200 yds per game despite being in garbage time so the question isn't far fetched.

Jamal Charles only had 285 carries. 6 games of 20+ carries(2 of which were wins). in games when they lost by at least 14 he had the following production

Atl 16-87
Buf 6-3
SDC 17-88
Bucs 12-39
Cin 17-87
Cle 18-165
Oak 9-10
Den 14-53

All his 20+ carry games came in close games.

bionic77

The Chiefs have been shoring up their deficiencies and waiting for the perfect quarterback my entire life. And by trading for and starting Alex Smith for at least the next two years, the Chiefs are obviously desperate to be mediocre.

Also, this trade likely means letting Branden Albert walk, tagging Bowe and drafting Joeckel/Fisher.

The Chiefs will have essentially traded the first overall pick, pick #34 and a pick next year for Alex Smith.
I shouldn't act like I care what happens to your shit franchise.

You guys hurt Ben and took away our legit chances to be the garbagebowl champs this year. That should have been us! That dream of being the best of the worst died when your team of goons took out Ben.

We were really a perfect SB champion. We had it all. We were old, not very good on either side of the ball, and were in great position to secure a low seed. But then you assholes had to fuck it up. I know your team is not going anywhere but do you have to stop legit (below average) contenders like the Steelers?

I am really worried that we will win the Division and get a 3 seed or even worse (meaning better) this year, which would be disastrous.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
On NFL Live, ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned #Jets, #Vikings, and #Cardinals as potential suitors for free agent-to-be Matt Cassel.

:bfb bff lol taint

jakncoke

Banned
lol today there was a browns fan that wanted to get rid of weeden and sign and start tebow. I didnt think there was still people out there that still thought Tebow could be something at QB

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What is this

sanchez-butt-fumble.gif

bionic77

Guys cmon.

Stop teasing Fox. Even though he deserves it and worse for his mockery of Sanchez lets at least put the buttfumble in perspective. Yes it was probably the worst football play of the last 150 or so years, but at least Sanchez bravely held onto the ball as he was being assaulted by that lineman's gigantic ass. A lesser player would have fumbled the ball and allowed the opposing defense to pick up and walk into the endzone. At least Sanchez didn't fuck up that bad.

mr2xxx

Banned
Jamal Charles only had 285 carries. 6 games of 20+ carries(2 of which were wins). in games when they lost by at least 14 he had the following production

Atl 16-87
Buf 6-3
SDC 17-88
Bucs 12-39
Cin 17-87
Cle 18-165
Oak 9-10
Den 14-53

All his 20+ carry games came in close games.

I was just asking a question not saying they were, but yeah its apparent Charles earned those yards. Charles is a beast but I still stand behind SF having a better OL, DEF and run game!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The buttfumble might be the best thing ever.

The bar has been set so low that everyone already forgot that Romo safety'd himself.

Talon

Butt fumble
Why won't you come to your senses
You been out ridin' benches for so long now
Oh, you're a soft one
I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow

squicken

Fox can post all the poor routes run by WRs that made Tebow look bad, but none will ever top buttfumble. That is the curse that he and all Jets fans will have to live with. Shunning Tebow was disgusting

mr2xxx

Banned
Just to beat a dead horse: PFF OL rankings

#1 Overall San Francisco 49ers (20)

PB – 10th, RB – 1st, PEN – 19th

Stud: Generally speaking, tackles don’t block like Joe Staley (+40.4). He’s better in pass protection than people will give him credit for (a shame for him that nearly a third of the pressure he allowed ended up as sacks), but it’s his run blocking that sets him apart from the rest.

Dud: There isn’t one. The worst you can say is that Jonathan Goodwin is a Top 10 center, whereas the rest of the guys are Top 3 at their positions.

Summary: Phenomenal. A near flawless collection of linemen. Most teams would kill for any one of the guys the 49ers put out, yet they have five of them. The introduction of Alex Boone provided a huge boost, with Anthony Davis upping his game with better play next to them. They’re a young unit by offensive line standards and look set to dominate for a long time.

#12. Kansas City Chiefs (16)

PB – 14th, RB – 9th, PEN – 15th

Stud: By his own admission, Eric Winston (+15.9) and the Chiefs fans didn’t exactly hit it off. While he wasn’t exactly perfect this year, he was the most balanced player they had on their line.

Dud: The hope is that Jeff Allen (-19.6) improves after a disastrous rookie year. Given that there were signs of improvement in the second half of the 2012, we’d bet on it [Editors note: well we would with Khaled's money anyway].

Summary: Injuries hurt this line, which was something of a shame. They got strong play from all the guys who were penciled into start, but the problem came when rookies Allen and Donald Stephenson were forced into the lineup. Too much too soon.

jakncoke

Banned
I was just asking a question not saying they were, but yeah its apparent Charles earned those yards. Charles is a beast but I still stand behind SF having a better OL, DEF and run game!!

I looked it up to see if what you were saying was plausible and decided to share my findings with the class.

Bye Smith. I hope you do well if the AFC.

edit: With all of these draft picks and talk about going after Revis and clearing some cap space with Smith man am I getting hard about next season already.

squicken

It's impossible to state how freakish the 49ers were wrt the health of their team. They had almost zero games lost to their OL over the past two years. Defense, aside from Smith last year, was almost totally healthy. And they had amazing talent. They also had the best QB whisperer in football. Alex won't have those advantage in KC, aside from a better RB

mr2xxx

Banned
It's impossible to state how freakish the 49ers were wrt the health of their team. They had almost zero games lost to their OL over the past two years. Defense, aside from Smith last year, was almost totally healthy. And they had amazing talent. They also had the best QB whisperer in football. Alex won't have those advantage in KC, aside from a better RB

I feel the same way as I'm sure most KC fans feel after reading their message board.

bionic77

Sanchez was so tired of Kate's flat behind, that he wanted a face full of real ass.
Actually Sanchez dumped her because he did not want to date someone who had a more disgusting mustache than he did. He wants to the person wearing the pants in the relationship, driving the car, and walking around with the most disgusting facial hair.

Dre3001

Now that Chiefs have Smith, Jags need to grab Geno at #2 in this draft

This draft has the markings of the 2008 draft all over it. It was a weak QB class so Dolphins ended up passing on the best one available in Matt Ryan and took Jake Long instead. We know how that ended up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah that's why I said we Interviewd him, what if we were that team!!!

I'm going to withhold my comments then.

If it was us I have a post for why it was a great thing to do and how forward thinking this new regime is.

If it wasn't us I have a post for how disgusting other teams are and I'm glad our regime wouldn't sink to such levels.

Top Bottom