• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Novid

Banned
when the dang new your times, post, and everybody in new york is asking what happend to CBS, you can blame Les Moonves and its really time for simms to go,

cajunator

Banned
So you're rooting for the Falcons to win a Super Bowl then?

I'm not saying I would enjoy it myself, but why not?
If we aren't good enough to stop them then we have to see them win the division. If that happens and they get hot and win a SB, so be it. Do you think they enjoyed watching us win? I bet it made Falcons fans sick. But those fans want to see their guys win too. I've felt the ultimate high in sports with my team. I want to see other fans able to feel it. I dont care if that makes me an improper fan or whatever. I just feel that way. Does it mean I like the falcons at all? Fuck no I hate them. But if they win it Im happy for the fans.

Novid

Banned
Who knew that the only subject that could make novid lucid and passionate was Phil Simms

how many times he has to say FOOTBALL to know we are watching the damn ball!? it dont matter how good a networks GFX is and what not - simms got to get the fuck stepping and they need to reboot the pregame show for christ sakes. You cant be spending over a billion to get 111.0 million, when NBC is near death and beat you with 7million last year?

I'm not saying I would enjoy it myself, but why not?
If we aren't good enough to stop them then we have to see them win the division. If that happens and they get hot and win a SB, so be it. Do you think they enjoyed watching us win? I bet it made Falcons fans sick. But those fans want to see their guys win too. I've felt the ultimate high in sports with my team. I want to see other fans able to feel it. I dont care if that makes me an improper fan or whatever. I just feel that way. Does it mean I like the falcons at all? Fuck no I hate them. But if they win it Im happy for the fans.

I don't want the Falcons to ever win a Super Bowl. I don't want their fans to have that enjoyment, at least, not until after the Panthers have won one first.

jakncoke

Banned
how many times he has to say FOOTBALL to know we are watching the damn ball!? it dont matter how good a networks GFX is and what not - simms got to get the fuck stepping and they need to reboot the pregame show for christ sakes. You cant be spending over a billion to get 111.0 million, when NBC is near death and beat you with 7million last year?

wut?

WedgeX

Banned
Go to the Pats Titus.

And here I was hoping for some silly coach to trade for him.

We had some good times, Titus, Jr.

ikshCc19c6ZJJ.jpg

Unfortunately, he was crazypants.

ilxkPzrz9fgl1.jpg

Fare thee well, Titus. Goodbye is too good a word, mang.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

No I didn't. Mcnabb was the best qb in 2004 but he was far from being an elite qb for his career. Lots of qbs have had great single seasons, that doesn't make them elite qbs.

yankee this some bullshit man. Admit your defeat this is sad.

Also finally watched Dark Knight Rises. Most unreal thing I saw in the whole movie was Hines Ward returning a fucking kickoff. Never in a million years could his bum ass manage to do anything close to that.

Dthomp

So with the NFL being a copycat league does that mean all of next season will be the god awful Chuck it and Fuck it offense? The one where you just throw the ball up and hope for PI?

yankee this some bullshit man. Admit your defeat this is sad.

Go back and read the whole conversation. Dutch was posting an exchange between us that he said happens all the time, and he had me calling Mcnabb elite. Anyone the reads these threads knows I am a big Mcnabb hater, so it seemed silly to have me say that. I should have been more specific when I said I would never say Mcnabb was elite, so I was wrong about that.

GQman2121

Banned
God these fans on the news are embarrassing with this White Stripes chant. People actually think that's a Baltimore original too, which is just SMH retarded. Again, just embarrassing for all involved. Simple and catchy always wins out though I guess.

verbum

So with the NFL being a copycat league does that mean all of next season will be the god awful Chuck it and Fuck it offense? The one where you just throw the ball up and hope for PI?

I predict flopping will increase by 100% since the refs seem to be calling all sorts of borderline penalties in the regular season.

Edit: Also think head butting/helmet to helmet on any player will be called now. The NFL's PR about head injuries isn't working well.

President Obama recently weighed in on the issue, saying, "If I had a son, I’d have to think long and hard before I let him play football."

Parallel to the court cases, a less visible battle that may have a greater effect was unfolding between the league and 32 of its current and former insurers. The dispute revolves around how much money, if any, the insurers are obligated to pay for the league’s mounting legal bills and the hundreds of millions of dollars in potential damages that might stem from the cases brought by the retired players.

Regardless of how it is resolved, the dispute could hurt teams, leagues and schools at all levels if insurers raise premiums to compensate for the increased risk of lawsuits from players and their parents who play hockey, lacrosse and other contact sports.

Dthomp

I predict flopping will increase by 100% since the refs seem to be calling all sorts of borderline penalties in the regular season.

Great I have a hard enough time watching the NBA anymore because of the flopping. Maybe it's time to take up MLB since I've had about my limit of NFL/NBA

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Go back and read the whole conversation. Dutch was posting an exchange between us that he said happens all the time, and he had me calling Mcnabb elite. Anyone the reads these threads knows I am a big Mcnabb hater, so it seemed silly to have me say that. I should have been more specific when I said I would never say Mcnabb was elite, so I was wrong about that.

Cool you hate McNabb, you still called him elite.

You can keep denying going forward that's fine. I just know the truth now when it comes to your assessments.

HylianTom

Banned
I wonder if he'll do his dance when he comes out for the show.
Yup. He'll be in his 70s, coming out to whatever Raven-y music he pleases, doing his dance before sitting down at the desk with the other four anchors on Sunday morning. He'll do that one move where he spreads his wings and thrusts his chest forward, and he'll throw his back out. It will be all that ESPN talks about for a week, and this incident will have its own "serious" theme music, similar to the serious music Fox uses when they go to commercial during an injury break.

eznark

Banned
Yup. He'll be in his 70s, coming out to whatever Raven-y music he pleases, doing his dance before sitting down at the desk with the other four anchors on Sunday morning. He'll do that one move where he spreads his wings and thrusts his chest forward, and he'll throw his back out. It will be all that ESPN talks about for a week, and this incident will have its own "serious" theme music, similar to the serious music Fox uses when they go to commercial during an injury break.

Rooting for the sniper.

Top Bottom