• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cdyhybrid

Yea and as the leader of the team he should have a partnership with the head coach. He should of sat down with Ried's fat ass and be like yo we can't throw the damn thing 50 times a game every game.

I don't think McNabb sucks, I just totally see no reason to actually like him. I really enjoyed the Eagles D those few years. It's a shame they never won any SB.

You're right, but I always saw Reid as a guy that the players followed unquestioningly, at least until he got near the end. Oh well.

That was the best game the Ravens played the entire year.

Niners were the better team but got beat. Deal with it Gore.

Its sports. Sometimes the other team is better on that day.

Plus the Niners were coached really poorly. They were not ready for the deep balls of Flacco and were being pushed around by a much older team for 2.5 quarters before FMT pulled the plug on the lights and hit the reset button.

Niners almost lost to Matt Ryan and pulled that game out of their asses. They also lost to the Rams (and tied with them a 2nd time) and got waxed by the Seahawks late in the season. They weren't exactly dominant this year. Both teams were fairly evenly matched, especially when you take into account how Justin Smith's injury hurt their defense (and the Ravens weren't without their share of injuries, losing Ladarius Webb for most of the year, and Ngata for the 2nd half of the SuperBowl)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Rex Ryan had Joe Flacco instead of Mark Sanchez then who knows?

Not really fair to either guy though.

lol again, Flacco played lights out, but cmon he's still Joe Flacco. He's going to be paid like he's Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, etc., but he's just not. Again though he played fairly impressive this post season, got away with a lot of those ridiculous deep ball floaters, but ball don't lie. He'll always be exactly what he is right now though, and they'll be stuck with that monster contract.

mr2xxx

Banned
Damn the Ravens victory absolutely crushed Squicken. He is questioning the football gods and posting the equivalent of "what does it all mean" type posts now.

bionic77

Niners almost lost to Matt Ryan and pulled that game out of their asses. They also lost to the Rams (and tied with them a 2nd time) and got waxed by the Seahawks late in the season. They weren't exactly dominant this year. Both teams were fairly evenly matched, especially when you take into account how Justin Smith's injury hurt their defense (and the Ravens weren't without their share of injuries, losing Ladarius Webb for most of the year, and Ngata for the 2nd half of the SuperBowl)
I didn't say the Niners were any good.

Every team sucked this year. It should have been called the garbage bowl. But as bad as the Niners were this year the Ravens were worse. They got schooled by Charlie fucking Batch and it took a Norm Turner miracle for them to beat a San Diego team that outplayed them. They were hot garbage going into the playoffs, which is exactly what you need to be to win it all these days. You guys laughed at me for this theory early on, but once again I was proven correct. I think only ez sided with me.

AAAAH! WTF is with your avatar?! You're out of the club!
I have a problem with avatar bets...

If you guys are my friends someone please tell a mod that I love Nintendo or hate trannys or whatever the fuck it will take to get me banned.

Falcons lost that game because they are soft as fuck and blew their load halfway through the 2nd quarter. Seahawks are a really good team and we just came back from the east coast playing a rough game against the Pats.

No we weren't as dominant this year and thats why I'm worried about next year.

JABEE

Dude when has our beloved coach ever not been able to help himself from videotaping something? He is a visionary and genius and was making his own reality show tapes of other teams signals and plays before reality tv even became a thing.

It makes a lot of sense that he would videotape himself taking turns raw-dogging the Hargaugh wives and then send it on to the coaches right before the Superbowl (and then email it to their parents and kids the next day).
Even as a joke this is too cruel. I saw you as a father figure in this thread. There is no payoff at the end of this joke. You deserve better than the inhuman treatment you are inflicting on yourself. Find Tebow. Find peace in this increasingly evil world.

JABEE

eR0adAT.gif
That shit was so terrible.

the "better team" plays a full game. The Niners decided to sleep walk through the first half of the FUCKING SUPER BOWL. Better teams don't do that. Gore said the same thing last year after they lost to the Giants. Fuck his salty ass.

This was my response. Sour Grapes.

Althought I just watched "America's Game: 2000 Ravens" and it reminded me of Brian Billick's speech after the team beat the Titans for their first loss in their new stadium, which was along these lines:

Billick: I've got a Sports Illustrated cover here that says "Tennessee Titans, NFL's Best Team." Maybe they are....but not today!

AAAAH! WTF is with your avatar?! You're out of the club!

Everybody loves Brady.

No I didn't. Mcnabb was the best qb in 2004 but he was far from being an elite qb for his career. Lots of qbs have had great single seasons, that doesn't make them elite qbs.

You said:
Mcnabb absolutely was an elite QB the year they made the SB. I dont see how anyone could argue that.

The argument here wasn't if he is or isn't elite (Spoiler alert: He's not), it was that you said that he was elite, which you clearly did. I bolded the parts where you mention it, I see how it might be a bit vague.

effzee

I swear to god I'm like the only person who liked Mcnabb.

How can you forget me and my undying love for McNabb!

He, we, I deserved so much better than Reid.

A hell of a defensive though. Pro bowels in the D-line, line backer core, and secondary. Really just pull a Trent Dilfer and could of had a ring or two.

Who are you and why are you so wrong about the Eagles?

The Eagles has good defenses but nothing compared to what Dilfer had. That Ravens D (or the Bucs D from their SB run) were some of the all time great defenses. The Eagles D was never at that level.

We had no run D, 1 LB (Trotter), and a great secondary. And more than the players, we had a great coordinator. Still it wasn't set up where McNabb had to just manage the game. They needed him to win. They had no WRs and refused to run the ball by design.

Brian Westbrook is pretty good, not like he's some scrub. Should of just told Andy Ried to fuck off or just audible into some more runs. He probably audible out of a lot of runs to throw the damn thing 30-50 time every game.

Duce Staley, Westbrook, and now McCoy are all good-great RBs.

But it doesn't matter if your head coach doesn't like to run the ball. Yeah McNabb could have audible out of some of the passes but the team was built to pass regardless of the talent at WR.

I would have loved for them to just once switch up the philosophy but that was Reid. And it wasn't just with McNabb. Kolb, Vick, Foles...basically whoever you put in there he was running the same offense.

Don't know if McNabb was elite but I think he had the potential over his first 6-8 seasons. It was a combination of poor design (coaching), lack of talent at WR, and then McNabb not getting better as a passer once his legs and ability/desire to scramble left.

JABEE

I thought McNabb got a bad rap in Philly then he came to Washington, fuck him.
No! The Eagles will regret trading McNabb just like they will regret firing Andy Reid!

I thank you for that jakncoke. Duce was a fan favorite in Philly.

effzee

I knew the game was lost at that point. I wonder what Vick said to McNabb after that entrance.

Curse the Cowboys and their party-festival decorum!

You knew the game was lost because they came out dancing?

What? Corny as he was that was always part of his personality. Win or lose.

I also very much appreciated how Reid, Banner, and the FO in general decided that the reason they couldn't win wasn't the lack of skill position talent and a rapidly deteriorating D but rather the "age" on the team regardless of the position, depth, and FA market and the desire to rebuild the OLINE at all costs.

Still paying for those mistakes. The moves the team made or didn't make from 2006-2012 are some of the worst in the league, especially considering how much everyone in the national media sucked Reid and Co off as some sort of model of running a franchise.

JABEE

Fuck Duce Staley. He's the reason we don't fuck with free agency anymore. Dude got paid just to sit on the side line in his stupid jumpsuit.
Don't disrespect Duce like that. He did more for your team than you can ever imagine. A true leader.

JABEE

You knew the game was lost because they came out dancing?

What? Corny as he was that was always part of his personality. Win or lose.

I also very much appreciated how Reid, Banner, and the FO in general decided that the reason they couldn't win wasn't the lack of skill position talent and a rapidly deteriorating D but rather the "age" on the team regardless of the position, depth, and FA market and the desire to rebuild the OLINE at all costs.

Still paying for those mistakes. The moves the team made or didn't make from 2006-2012 are some of the worst in the league, especially considering how much everyone in the national media sucked Reid and Co off as some sort of model of running a franchise.

No, but when you look at it after the fact it makes you shake your head.

The Eagles issues began when Jim Johnson died and they didn't replace any of the defensive talent. Let Brian Dawkins go, let Mikell go, but don't replace them. Our linebackers and safeties have sucked for close to 5 years.

effzee

Also since I wasn't posting in the SB thread last night, never got to comment on the game:

1. Beyonce good lawd that was amazing. Don't care much for her music but as a show that was fantastic. Especially for the penis.

2. Game was great. All I ask for a is close contested game and we got it. I was rooting for the Ravens but liked the comeback by the Niners.

3. Just glad its over so the Eagles can pick one of the coaches from the two staffs to be their D coordinator and continue building a dynasty!

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck Duce Staley. He's the reason we don't fuck with free agency anymore. Dude got paid just to sit on the side line in his stupid jumpsuit.

tinfoil hat much? I doubt he has anything to do with our willingness to give contracts out. Also his contract wasnt even big. 5 years 14 4 million guaranteed

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2004-03-09-staley_x.htm

lol looking at some random forum that has listed contracts

Jevon Kearse to Eagles 8 years 66 million
Peyton Manning 7 years 97 million
Al Wilson 7 years 42 million

effzee

No, but when you look at it after the fact it makes you shake your head.

Yeah but that was often. His comedy routine that was never funny. He still does that on NFLN.

But I never saw that intro dance as any indicator of the game. Our D was terrible. McNabb played terrible. Reid called the same game he has called for 10 years. It was like a combination of all that was wrong with the team. I always just found it funny that it was "proof" that McNabb had to be shipped out of town to rebuild and restart. After a 10 win during which the offense carried the team while the D sucked.

Then turn right around and hand the franchise over to Vick.

The Eagles issues began when Jim Johnson died and they didn't replace any of the defensive talent. Let Brian Dawkins go, let Mikell go, but don't replace them. Our linebackers and safeties have sucked for close to 5 years.

The issues existed before he passed away, but he was covering up the holes with his design and schemes. Terrible drafts on the defensive side plus letting veterans walk did them in. JJ passed away. Still complete lack of talent on D. Continued crazy play calling, no run game, and now almost over night a terrible D.

Bowser

Anyone that willfully sabotaged his team as he did doesn't really deserve another shot in a professional capacity.

Someone will give him a shot. It's not a surprise he was a malcontent - look at that coaching staff in Detroit. A WR needy team with a strong organizational structure will absolutely claim a talented former second round pick who'd be under contract through 2014 with a measly $550k salary

Top Bottom