• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

I wish Philly would win a SB. I think they deserve one.
I guess that makes me a bad person to some.

I'm with you on that one. I have a co-worker who's an Eagles fan and he's got to be about the nicest guy I know. He has gotten to see the Phillies win it all but the Eagles would be the ultimate for him.

bionic77

Man, gotta find my wife a birthday gift.

And damn, I love NFL sound FX. Interesting tid bits.
What is the typical sconi bday gift for his wife? I would have thought it was brat/beer/cheese/dick for more kids combo but I have been wrong before and am willing to be educated.

My wife usually got some bullshit designer handbag, sometimes jewelry, or shoes, clothes or some other crap.

jakncoke

Banned
why not?
Why does a fanbase not deserve to see their team reach the top? Not every fan is a douchebag.

There is such thing as "deserve". This isnt elementary school where little tommy deserves to get on base despite striking out more than sammy sosa ok. You earn that shit. If you so happen to have a shitty owner, then you better start praying to whomever you pray to that he slips on butter and falls on a knfie. The ways she goes, some owners were born winners, some are born losers.

There is such thing as "deserve". This isnt elementary school where little tommy deserves to get on base despite striking out more than sammy sosa ok. You earn that shit. If you so happen to have a shitty owner, then you better start praying to whomever you pray to that he slips on butter and falls on a knfie. The ways she goes, some owners were born winners, some are born losers.

Dan sure is no Art.

jakncoke

Banned
The current record for NFL for postseason drought is 2 years

Washington Redskins 1946-1970
Cardinals 1949-1973

Pirates even though MLB, going to pass them. Damn Royals on a 27 year drought thats active.

They cut out the part where he attacks a spectator. And the part where they lose that game.
He scared the shit out the people behind the glass though. lold hard at that.
297441_o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1PzZ3OgzOU

Novid

Banned
welp, the streak is over.

We have the numbers from CBS. Super Bowl XLVII did not set a viewership record, ending a three year streak that ended with last year’s Super Bowl that averaged 111.3 million viewers. Still, the average viewership for this year’s Big Game resulted in an astounding 108.41 million people who watched the contest between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers (A quick aside, your humble blogger predicted yesterday that viewership would be 108.2 million. I pat myself on the back).
CBS also requested Nielsen to delete the period when the blackout hit the Superdome in between 8:41 p.m. ET and 9:11 p.m. So overall, the fast national rating was 46.3 with a 69 share, again lower that last year’s numbers of 47.0/71.
CBS will take those numbers as nothing else can come close to an audience of over 100 million viewers. Rather impressive numbers despite being down from the last two Super Bowls. Here’s the press release.

damn. where did CBS go wrong?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
why not?
Why does a fanbase not deserve to see their team reach the top? Not every fan is a douchebag.

That's talk reserved for a point in the playoffs where your team is eliminated and you are left having to pick.....something.

I would never, ever say here in the offseason thread that I hope another team wins the Super Bowl.

Novid

Banned
Its time for a MASSIVE overhaul - Simms needs to go. Hes done. FINSHED. KAPUT. Get Fouts for a few years and Super Bowl 50.

Two, Time to go back to two main host and LaCantoria because these guys are getting there in years.

Three, somebody - anybody get new directors. this is the god forsaken super bowl. Did Nantz and Simms even go to the Superdome this season to see how the sightlines would work?

Four, By Super Bowl 50? NEW THEME SONG. PERIOD. NEW LOGO AS WELL.

Five...You better fucking hope the network over promotion was worth it.

Novid

Banned
Nantz called his best game in years. Simms drags him down from greatness. Time for Simms to go - them conussions.

Novid

Banned
when kevin durant is saying hes playing madden when hes watching the super bowl, its time for simms to go.

Top Bottom