• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

He is the savior to the same group of morons on the Eagles boards who think Foles really is the next big thing being held back by Chip Kelly's fascination with Vick.

The thought of trading or even cutting Foles is blasphemous. Reminds me so much of the Kolb obsession from the minute he was drafted to the day he was traded.

The Foles people make no sense to me at all. He played 7 games and looked good in 1 of them. He made terrible decisions, he forced passes into coverage constantly, his arm looked really weak, and he is painfully slow. Kolb had played 3 games and looked good in 1 or them, so there was at least some chance he might have turned out good. I really hope the Eagles just trade Foles soon so they can move on and people will stop talking about him and they can move on.

Spinluck

Besides his hubris and knack for drafting shitty more often than not, I haven't liked Polian since 2003. When we lost to that playoff game to the Pats. Instead of being encouraged to draft better to build a better playoff team; he went to the league and bitched about Pats abusing WRs. Which those cheating scumbags probably were doing, but still, fuck him.

Annnnd....

Well, that would've been a disaster, it's a good thing we flunked the season!! Shout out to Curtis Painter, Jim Caldwell, Irsay, that vile old man Bill Polian, and that drunkard 40yr old Kerry Collins for dying for Colts fans sins so Luck could save us all. He may behind on the evolution scale, that explains his decision making at times. But we'll be fine. RG3 would've been nice, but Arians offense would've ended his career.

Speaking of the Colts, they just tagged their punter:

He's a pretty good Punter, I like him, if he can control his pubic skinny dipping urges he could be with us for a while.

His Twitter isn't too bad either.

brentech

I can't believe I'm semi-defending Finley on twitter. Just trying not to call him dumb, saying it's mental mistakes based on effort (ie, doesn't care to learn the playbook) or just lacks effort (run blocking and downfield blocking where he has chosen to just stop and let the next defender tackle instead of getting between ball carrier).

Believe there was such a play against SF in playoffs. Where he clearly cut short and started walking and could have easily helped receiver get extra yards. Might be wrong game, but I know it happened.

JaMarco

Greg Olsen has restructured!!!!!!!!!

bigsgtslaughter.jpg

My god, the selflessness and humility on display from these NFL heroes really exemplifies the American spirit. It's an honor to simply be able to type the names of these brave men and women.
This joke is kinda dumb. Restructuring is nothing like an extension.

Besides his hubris and knack for drafting shitty more often than not, I haven't liked Polian since 2003. When we lost to that playoff game to the Pats. Instead of being encouraged to draft better to build a better playoff team; he went to the league and bitched about Pats abusing WRs. Which those cheating scumbags probably were doing, but still, fuck him.

Annnnd....

Well, that would've been a disaster, it's a good thing we flunked the season!! Shout out to Curtis Painter, Jim Caldwell, Irsay, that vile old man Bill Polian, and that drunkard 40yr old Kerry Collins for dying for Colts fans sins so Luck could save us all. He may behind on the evolution scale, that explains his decision making at times. But we'll be fine. RG3 would've been nice, but Arians offense would've ended his career.

Man Arians would have let RGIII get pounded into paste. It is a good thing for RGIII that he went to the Skins instead.

True. Nothing says true heroism like signing a fully guaranteed contract and getting $30,000,000 in cold hard cash.

But if he plays 4 more years and stays healthy and keeps playing at the same level, then he will get less then he maybe could have. What a great guy.

Dragon

Banned
True. Nothing says true heroism like signing a fully guaranteed contract and getting $30,000,000 in cold hard cash.

Hyperbole aside, Brady's done this multiple times to the team's benefit. I understand not wanting to laud him, he can be a real douche, but c'mon going the other way is going too far!

Hyperbole aside, Brady's done this multiple times to the team's benefit. I understand not wanting to laud him, he can be a real douche, but c'mon going the other way is going too far!

I dont think anyone was calling Brady out until the email came out, and then people started saying he was a hero and he only cared about winning. He traded some backend money for a lot of extra security. It was stupid for the media to make a big deal about this.

bionic77

you disgust me
Never tried the mcbites, but their their filet of fish is to die for (literally and figuratively because it is both awesome and incredibly bad for your health).

I have not had it in awhile, but I love the combo of fries, fish and a soda.

If I still ate at McDonalds (last time I ate there I think it was the only option at an airport) the fish is what I would order.

nateeasy

Banned
Bengals have designated DE Michael Johnson as the team’s franchise player for 2013. Johnson and the Bengals are still permitted to negotiate for a multiyear contract, either before or after he might elect to sign the offer.

:)

Dragon

Banned
And getting $60m guaranteed at the tail end of your career isn't unselfish heroism.

Well he hasn't overcome pain pills or Wrangler Jeans, but I'm glad he did it anyway.

I dont think anyone was calling Brady out until the email came out, and then people started saying he was a hero and he only cared about winning. He traded some backend money for a lot of extra security. It was stupid for the media to make a big deal about this.

They should start talking about college basketball. I hear it's March now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Never tried the mcbites, but their their filet of fish is to die for (literally and figuratively because it is both awesome and incredibly bad for your health).

If I still ate at McDonalds (last time I ate there I think it was the only option at an airport) the fish is what I would order.

Don't they trot out a double decker filet-o-fish for Lent?

brentech

I try to keep McD meals to only a few times a year.
The real factor is I'm not a big fan of fish.

bionic77

Don't they trot out a double decker filet-o-fish for Lent?
Yeah.

When I was younger I preferred getting two singles to one double. I swear I used to get filet o fish and BK whoppers for 99 cents when I was in high school. I bet they are like $3 now.

eznark

Banned
You can get two fileet-o-fish for $3 here right now. That plus multiple fish fries all over the county and man, lent is heaven!

Not conducive to the 24 hour marathon relay I am running in a month.

WedgeX

Banned
You can get two fileet-o-fish for $3 here right now. That plus multiple fish fries all over the county and man, lent is heaven!

Not conducive to the 24 hour marathon relay I am running in a month.

Oh right. Today is Friday. Looks like I won't be eating those steamed pork dumplings sitting in my fridge... d'oh.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looks like I'm going to have fast food fish for lunch, then. Who else makes a decent fish something? Or should I just go to the golden arches?

mcdowells-facade-438-091010.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't think I've ever actually seen a Culver's. They certainly don't have any down here in the desert. We do have a Freddy's Steakburgers.

Serpentor

You're gonna snake at least one more guy from us:

Screen-shot-2010-10-05-at-10.00.00-AM.png
He'd be a perfect fit if he was reasonably priced. But he's not, and there's no way in hell we are putting more money into WR with the Fitz contract, it'll have to be from the draft.
I read your whole post. Steelers fans and Colts fans ran down Arians while he was coach. I think he has been extraordinarily lucky to have coached two fo the best pocket movement QBs in the league. I just am not a fan of the fit there. It is a deep draft at OL, but you still need the QB. Kolb isn't a fit for that passing system
Ok now this makes sense and is a viewpoint I can respect. This is true, yet another reason Kolb isn't the franchise guy. However, Tom Moore has already said he is about catering to the player's strengths and not trying to shoe horn them into a system (like Whiz foolishly did). Tom Moore is the one guy Arians would actually listen to and respect. So hopefully if Kolb is the starter, they will play to his strengths and be patient and wait to run the typical Arians offense until we get the right QB. There's still a chance we get Geno but either way, we take too large a cap hit if we cut Kolb, it makes far more sense to restructure him and let it ride another season plus it doesn't hurt to have a veteran on board if you start a rookie.
Fish McBites are amazing.
I finally tried them, what sauce did you use? BBQ worked well.
I rarely get good fish and chips, but good fish at a high end restaurant (not Red Lobster) is the best. Expensive but worth it.
Halibut is amazing. Too bad it's too expensive for Fry's or Safeway to carry and the worst part of living in the town I'm in is we literally don't have a single dedicated seafood restaurant. It's so bad that people here treat Red Lobster like a special occasion as you have to drive 90 minutes to a larger city to get it. It blows my mind that they don't at least open a Red Lobster here, all there is to do is eat, drink, and go to the movies. They'd literally have a monopoly and make a killing. There are all types of rumors as to why they aren't here (we have other restaurants in the same chain like Olive Garden) from the city trying to force them to build on more expensive property than where they'd like to the population not being large enough (pretty sure this one is bull).

bionic77

Halibut is amazing. Too bad it's too expensive for Fry's or Safeway to carry and the worst part of living in the town I'm in is we literally don't have a single dedicated seafood restaurant. It's so bad that people here treat Red Lobster like a special occasion as you have to drive 90 minutes to a larger city to get it. It blows my mind that they don't at least open a Red Lobster here, all there is to do is eat, drink, and go to the movies. They'd literally have a monopoly and make a killing. There are all types of rumors as to why they aren't here (we have other restaurants in the same chain like Olive Garden) from the city trying to force them to build on more expensive property than where they'd like to the population not being large enough (pretty sure this one is bull).
Red Lobster isn't bad. It is pretty cheap and they give you a lot of food for your buck.

Your city is probably too small to support a RL and OG.

My kids like eating there. I mean don't get me wrong it is nothing on a really good seafood place, but no that I am feeding four that shit is going to get expensive. Those places would cost more than a hundred for just me and my wife. Fuuuuuuck paying for that for a family of four.

I am not a fan of Olive Garden. Besides the salad (which I like) I really don't find anything else there to be that good. The tilapia is ok, but nothing to write home about.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Red Lobster isn't bad. It is pretty cheap and they give you a lot of food for your buck.

Your city is probably too small to support a RL and OG.

My kids like eating there. I mean don't get me wrong it is nothing on a really good seafood place, but no that I am feeding four that shit is going to get expensive. Those places would cost more than a hundred for just me and my wife. Fuuuuuuck paying for that for a family of four.

I am not a fan of Olive Garden. Besides the salad (which I like) I really don't find anything else there to be that good. The tilapia is ok, but nothing to write home about.

I am not a food snob or anything, I love fast food and horrible stuff that they only feed to poors like me (compared to you and ez anyway). Culvers, McDonalds, Whataburger, it's all good.

But Olive Garden is the most bland overpriced garbage I've ever had. I don't know if I just love some flavor and spice in my food but OG's solution to every dish is to add more butter and nothing else. Bland, overpriced, and a calorie bomb? No thanks.

Red Lobster isn't too bad though. Those cheddar bay biscuits are amazing.

But Olive Garden is the most bland overpriced garbage I've ever had. I don't know if I just love some flavor and spice in my food but OG's solution to every dish is to add more butter and nothing else. Bland, overpriced, and a calorie bomb? No thanks.

Agreed. There's about a million better Italian restaurants out there even if you're going with the chain stuff like Macaroni Grill or Carrabba's. Not even putting the local places into the mix which even in Harrisburg, PA there are some exceptional places to get Italian food.

I worked at the OG as a bartender for a few years out of high school paying my way through college and I could tell you some stories.:)

Oh and cheddar bay biscuits >>>>>>> OG Breadsticks. Not even close.

My kung-fu is strong.
That made me laugh far more than it should have. :jnc

brentech

I am not a food snob or anything, I love fast food and horrible stuff that they only feed to poors like me (compared to you and ez anyway). Culvers, McDonalds, Whataburger, it's all good.

My wife likes Olive Garden, but I try to limit it to once a year. I always feel sick after eating their food.
Full disclaimer: I have Ulcerative Colitis, so I used to feel sick after eating about anything. But even on Remicade, Olive Garden still slays me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Agreed. There's about a million better Italian restaurants out there even if you're going with the chain stuff like Macaroni Grill or Carrabba's. Not even putting the local places into the mix which even in Harrisburg, PA there are some exceptional places to get Italian food.

I worked at the OG as a bartender for a few years out of high school paying my way through college and I could tell you some stories.:)

Oh and cheddar bay biscuits >>>>>>> OG Breadsticks. Not even close.

Last time I was in OG the lady in the next booth told the waiter that she had a wheat allergy and was confused why everything had bread in it. I wish I was making that up. The waiter responded "uh....well we are an Italian restaurant so we do have a lot of pasta items".

People are idiots.

well now you have to..
I'll bullet point this to keep it short:

- Olive Garden has this knack for running out of pasta, at least when I worked there. It wasn't just my OG either, it happened across several in the area. The fix to that was to send the bartender to the local supermarket and buy up as much pasta off of the shelf as possible. So a big thank you customer for paying 12-15 bucks for a plate of pasta you could have made at home - literally.

- The cooks were fucking gross. We used to have a guy in the back who sweat profusely all over the food he was cooking and the manager did nothing about it. It wasn't uncommon for them to drop food and put it right back on the plate and other wonderful issues that would turn the stomach of folks that eat out often.

- Like most kitchens in these places, a lot of the staff in the back are work release folks. Great many of them were actually pretty decent characters but we had one guy who quite literally screwed the assistant manager on a batch of unmade breadsticks on the back prep table (Myself and the manager walked in on them coming in on an early shift on a Saturday) and was taken back to prison that day in cuffs. I suppose you could say it was worth it...

- I've seen servers spit in the salads of customers they didn't like or who treated them poorly. If you've seen the movie "Waiting" - if you've worked at one of these chain places it really isn't outside the realm of reality for some of the shit that goes on there.

Top Bottom