• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Spinluck

Prime has been retired for years.

images

He should try tackling this Prime issue next time he's on NFLN.

bionic77

Axelady's a bro. Man, killing off Tharja/Gregor how many guys have u lost so far?
Oh yeah I forgot that. They even make a joke about it. He really looks like a lady. If I could give names I would call her Tammy.

And I think tharja and Gregor are the only ones that have died. They were never part of my group. Tharja got criticaled against my Mage (i dont think she even dod any damage) and I just let Gregor die because he seemed ordinary (stat wise).

I won't restart for such weak characters. I am pretty set for starters. Just need strong spear/lance. I just use Frederick as a meat shield at this point but there may come a point when I need two good spear units.

Draxal

Oh yeah I forgot that. They even make a joke about it. He really looks like a lady. If I could give names I would call her Tammy.

And I think tharja and Gregor are the only ones that have died. They were never part of my group. Tharja got criticaled against my Mage (i dont think she even dod any damage) and I just let Gregor die because he seemed ordinary (stat wise).

I won't restart for such weak characters. I am pretty set for starters. Just need strong spear/lance. I just use Frederick as a meat shield at this point but there may come a point when I need two good spear units.

I'd use the two pegasus knights/cavaliers as your lancers. Gregor's actually pretty good (and is Russian schtick is actually amusing) just because he has access to amazing skills and Tharja plays the broken class in the game, just have to level her up a bit. Are you making sure to abuse the pair up mechanic?

I made Virion a sniper which I assume would increase his attack range. I am not amused.
I've tried using Virion in both of my runs and ended up giving up both times. Archers just don't feel very useful in this FE, honestly. I'm sure he'd be pretty good if you really took the time to train him a lot but I just don't see the point, especially when the character is kind of annoying to begin with.

That said, have you come across a Longbow yet? They have a range of 2-3.

eznark

Banned
Oh dude, he is fucking awesome. I can run him out there and he just mows down mounted units. I paired him up with Sully early and in addition to a very funny courtship I was able to just run around the map mowing dudes down from a distance.

I don't pay attention much to my weapons. I just auto equip everyone.

Oh dude, he is fucking awesome. I can run him out there and he just mows down mounted units. I paired him up with Sully early and in addition to a very funny courtship I was able to just run around the map mowing dudes down from a distance.

I don't pay attention much to my weapons. I just auto equip everyone.
Haha, that's awesome. This is one of the things that makes FE so great, one man's trash really is another man's treasure. You can replay the game with an almost entirely different party and still feel just as powerful.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Teams with most cap room this am: CINCY $54 million under; CLEV $48 mil; MIAMI $47 mil; INDY $44.5 mil; PHIL $33.5 mi; TB $32.5 mil.

Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.

Sucks to be AZ and OAK. Bad roster and bad cap

bionic77

I'd use the two pegasus knights/cavaliers as your lancers. Gregor's actually pretty good (and is Russian schtick is actually amusing) just because he has access to amazing skills and Tharja plays the broken class in the game, just have to level her up a bit. Are you making sure to abuse the pair up mechanic?
Gregor is just my meat shield. I always hated the armored units in Fire Emblem. They are so slow.

I have two pegasus nights. One is badass the other is eh. I prefer them to caveliers as well. I might level up one of the caveliers though to supplement them but I would rather not. The game has been so axe heavy to this point that my three swordsmen are almost enough by themselves. And the Pegasus knights are more useful than the caveliers because of their usefulness against mages. I will probably just stick with the airborne and hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass late in the game.

:lol and pairing up? I don't think you can advance on hard without pairing up as much as possible. Sometimes you have to break guys up, but so far it has been really rare.

I've tried using Virion in both of my runs and ended up giving up both times. Archers just don't feel very useful in this FE, honestly. I'm sure he'd be pretty good if you really took the time to train him a lot but I just don't see the point, especially when the character is kind of annoying to begin with.

I am only on Chapter 10 but Virion is a badass.

squicken

Major moves in ATL: Falcons are releasing CB Dunta Robinson, RB Michael Turner and DE John Abraham today.

Huh, was Dunta Robinson expected to be released?

Don't think any are too big a surprise. They need to re-sign Moore, and Dunta sucks

Yeah, I kind of want try and do a "speed" run with just Chrom and Eznark.
Better make a female eznark for that S-rank relationship then.
lol

Teams with most cap room this am: CINCY $54 million under; CLEV $48 mil; MIAMI $47 mil; INDY $44.5 mil; PHIL $33.5 mi; TB $32.5 mil.

Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.

4/5 of the teams with the least room are from the NFC. I wonder if this could equate to a more balanced league next year? Also, can't wait for the Dolphins/Browns AFC Championship next season.

squicken

4/5 of the teams with the least room are from the NFC. I wonder if this could equate to a more balanced league next year? Also, can't wait for the Dolphins/Browns AFC Championship next season.

Only WAS had a winning record. NO is pretty fucked b/c of Brees' contract. AZ still has some cuts to make. They will be awful this year regardless

Draxal

I think archers come with a very bad skill set, but if you class them into other ones and back they're fine.

Second gen spoiler here
My Noire has lethality/counter/pass/galeforce/and bowfaire .... the carnage she wrecks is insane

I think archers come with a very bad skill set, but if you class them into other ones and back they're fine.

Second gen spoiler here
My Noire has lethality/counter/pass/galeforce/and bowfaire .... the carnage she wrecks is insane
Wow, that's insane. To be fair though, you could probably say that about any class. ;)

Only WAS had a winning record. NO is pretty fucked b/c of Brees' contract. AZ still has some cuts to make. They will be awful this year regardless
You're right, that probably won't be much of a factor in terms of the big picture. In Washington's case I'd say RGIII's health is going to be a much bigger issue than cap concerns anyway.

Osi Umenyoira is expected to sign with the Falcons in the next day or two as well.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Yes, as do those in the know. Stay tuned. RT @BenjaminJLehman: you really think Osi to Atlanta could happen?

Didn't Atlanta recently resign Abraham to an extension?

Talon

Don't think any are too big a surprise. They need to re-sign Moore, and Dunta sucks
Plus the team would prefer to keep Grimes around. Grimes, Samuel and McClain are fine by me.

I am a little surprised with the Abraham dump though. Contract wasn't too big, and he played well last season...until the ankle injury.

Of course, you're playing with fire with him every year.

bionic77

I bet you also miss sleeping on the coach without having your twins jumping on top of you.
Nope. Never get tired of the twins.

The only thing I wish I had more time for was working out. I would rather play with the twins or teach them something instead of watching tv or playing games. You feel like shit at my age if you are no working out and eating good regularly.

I miss regular sex too, but that is more the wife!

Speaking of regular sex, isn't Gronk your hero? What kind of Gronk fans studies and then takes tests and then goes to sleep? A real Gronk fan would have skipped the exam to fuck the teacher and the TA.

tmdorsey

Yeah, I just thought they were high on him. Maybe I'm just thinking of DCX in madden league. Sometimes it blends.

Probably. He was due like $9 mil. Way too much for his production. We will save about 4 million on the cap by releasing him.

Osi Umenyoira is expected to sign with the Falcons in the next day or two as well.

Didn't Atlanta recently resign Abraham to an extension?

Future, where you hearing this about Osi? And yes we resigned him to a year extension with an option for 2 more I believe.

Talon

Lots of Giants beat writers are quoting sources the sides are talking and there's a ton of speculation right now.
Figures Atlanta sports media would get scooped by another city's beat reporters.

Cox Media - "We make the Tribune Company look brilliant by comparison!" or "Spell check? Never heard of it!"
Yeah, I just thought they were high on him. Maybe I'm just thinking of DCX in madden league. Sometimes it blends.
I can't remember hearing Mike Smith ever complement the guy, and Mike Smith lives to complement people.

tmdorsey

Figures Atlanta sports media would get scooped by another city's beat reporters.

Cox Media - "We make the Tribune Company look brilliant by comparison!" or "Spell check? Never heard of it!"

Tell me about it. There hasn't been a peep about any talks with him down here.

Talon

Tell me about it. There hasn't been a peep about any talks with him down here.
Considering two of the three AJC writers that cover the Falcons never fucking travel with the team, I'm not surprised.

I don't blame those two for riding out the paychecks. I blame Cox Media for being a terrible organization.

I feel a little badly for Abe because he's been more productive here than anyone expected, and he took a paycut to resign with us last season. Dem's the breaks.

brentech

You feel like shit at my age if you are no working out and eating good regularly.
I'm 29 now. Totally started feeling that way. Breaking my ankle last summer really set that into motion. Gained some weight being immobile and now trying to get back in shape.
I was at my optimal weight prior to the injury, but now I'm about 10 lbs more than I'd like.
I feel so much better working out. My body just feels lighter and my head more clear.

:jnc oh, you. It will be so easy to free up cap space with restructures, especially Kolb. We'll be in a position to make moves if there are an FA's we really want. What a joke to say we have a bad roster, we have a very talented roster. Just not in the two most important positions in football. Get a QB and fix the OL and we'll be curb stomping teams with this roster.

squicken

finally a golfer that can challenge and beat tiger and make golf interesting, and he sprains his vagina. fucking rory

:jnc oh, you. It will be so easy to free up cap space with restructures, especially Kolb. We'll be in a position to make moves if there are an FA's we really want. What a joke to say we have a bad roster, we have a very talented roster. Just not in the two most important positions in football. Get a QB and fix the OL and we'll be curb stomping teams with this roster.

Your OL was bad at 4 positions, bad QB, no RBs. Your D is good, and it is wrong to say that it's a bad roster, but you are shifting schemes, and it's a big drop off from horton to bowels

finally a golfer that can challenge and beat tiger and make golf interesting, and he sprains his vagina. fucking rory

Golf isn't interesting when all the guys are good. Golf is interesting when there is one guy absolutely raping the shit out of everybody else (though even then it's not that interesting). Rory Mcilroy ain't that guy.

Top Bottom