• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Gobias

Banned
lol That movie of the year thread is so salty.

Indeed. Plus, it's not like everyone can go see movies like The Master, Amour, Holy Motors ect. when they first come out in theaters. A lot of people have to wait until they come out on blu while they can go see big blockbusters like The Avengers and TDKR in theaters.

Still, The avengers and TDKR aren't really top five worthy.

bionic77

lol my local blockbuster is closing, thought it was already closed. That means there is no old school movie rental places left. I think thats kinda sad the old version of movie renting is gone. It was neat to stroll in and browse and get a combo of older movies and new releases. But now Redbox has a terrible selection and you gotta wait for Netflix
It does suck. We need a kickass online rental service that is fast and cheap to replace the rental stores.

Godslay

Banned
It does suck. We need a kickass online rental service that is fast and cheap to replace the rental stores.

Amazon is pretty good. Nice selection, good video quality, they usually have the big new release on the same day or around the same time as they are released on BR. Not perfect but getting there.

jakncoke

Banned
Amazon is pretty good. Nice selection, good video quality, they usually have the big new release on the same day or around the same time as they are released on BR. Not perfect but getting there.

Amazon streaming or buying? Either or is pretty lacking overall.

effzee

lol That movie of the year thread is so salty.

Same as usual whenever it comes to any "list" thread. Favorite types of music, artists, and or movies have the exact same arguments and "debate".

Moviegaf which I actually love being a part of is just becoming unbearable. Group of self proclaimed experts constant going around to every movie related thread talking people down and passing their opinions like facts. Its amazing how much self promotion these guys do and then how many people follow their opinions.

In Eagles news...Chip Kelly says they haven't decided what to do with Nnamdi but that they are still breaking down film and will make a decision together with GM Howie Roseman. Says outside of film study he has met Nnamdi and he is an excellent personality/character.

Still think he will be cut. Hopefully he can salvage whatever is left of his career on some other team.

Moviegaf which I actually love being a part of is just becoming unbearable. Group of self proclaimed experts constant going around to every movie related thread talking people down and passing their opinions like facts.
Yeah.

It's like the Redskins FO telling you what moves are good moves to make in free agency.

jakncoke

Banned
Instant video rentals.

Ive checked that out. Its ok but nothing near what it should be at. I should be able to rent anything from Taxi Driver to the any foreign flick to a D level horror. Of course this wasnt the case for brick and mortal rentals. But I did have one rental store back in the day that had like 20k older titles for a dollar a night rental. Was pretty sweet, if i was like 8 at the time I would be hitting the shit out of that place.

ChanHuk

Banned
So ESPN had a segment on QB situations on Jets vs Raiders, who's in worse shape. What the fuck? Jets are obviously the one in the shitty situation because they have the savior on the bench. Carson =/= Sanchez? Sanchez is nowhere near the QB Carson is, Carson was also never accused of sexual assault at SC like Sanchez was.

Godslay

Banned
Ive checked that out. Its ok but nothing near what it should be at. I should be able to rent anything from Taxi Driver to the any foreign flick to a D level horror. Of course this wasnt the case for brick and mortal rentals. But I did have one rental store back in the day that had like 20k older titles for a dollar a night rental. Was pretty sweet, if i was like 8 at the time I would be hitting the shit out of that place.

Yeah it's not perfect, but improves all the time. Nice not to have to go to the video store as well. They do need a 0.99 rental section for older flicks, rather than 2.99.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah it's not perfect, but improves all the time. Nice not to have to go to the video store as well. They do need a 0.99 rental section for older flicks, rather than 2.99.

I wanted to watch Requiem for a Dream and ofc it not on Netflix instant watch, had to pay 1.99 on Amazon such bs. Ted was 3.99 ffs lol. I dont think I have seen anything else on Amazon.

jakncoke

Banned
We have a local place called 'family video'
Good prices and selection of both new and older movies.

lol if its the same as this one..

Family Video is the largest video rental chain in the United States, and largest overall ahead of Blockbuster.[1][2] The family-owned company is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, and has over 775 stores in 19 states and Canada with the heaviest concentration in the Midwest.[3]

jakncoke

Banned
Thought it was based out of Penn but maybe that's right. I never saw one living in Dayton or Columbus Ohio. Only till I moved a bit south of Cleveland.

I gues that's not so local then, lol

It crazy how 775 is now the largest. Is here even any others over 500? 300? 200? As for Family Video it was a decent store. They built one right next to a Little Caesars so go in try and find a decent rental(this one was a pretty small rental store) and get a ready to go at LC.

ChanHuk

Banned
I just buy blu rays cheap instead of renting.

Keffiyeh_throwing_cash.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Hobbit was my film of the year.

Not like anyone here cares! Futurevoid might agree with me maybe!

Wife is gonna actually let me drive the truck tonight!!

HEMI POWERED BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCCCHHHHHh!!

So she bought it and you're not on the insurance? Please tell me this is the case or else I'm going to have to revoke your man card.

Wes

venison crêpe
Count me in for another forum draft. Was good last year!

Browns going after Free Agents? I'm so excited I could spit.

lol my local blockbuster is closing, thought it was already closed. That means there is no old school movie rental places left. I think thats kinda sad the old version of movie renting is gone. It was neat to stroll in and browse and get a combo of older movies and new releases. But now Redbox has a terrible selection and you gotta wait for Netflix

Mine closed over a year ago, leaving no video stores in the immediate area......until, just a few days ago, I noticed on the highway a local place opened up, the name? Your Only Video Store. Perfect, though I haven't been in it to see what they've got.

jakncoke

Banned
Mine closed over a year ago, leaving no video stores in the immediate area......until, just a few days ago, I noticed on the highway a local place opened up, the name? Your Only Video Store. Perfect, though I haven't been in it to see what they've got.

I remember when I lived at my uncles, his town prob 15k had just one, some dude with about 300 dvds and he'd go to wal mart on release day to pick up a copy of the new releases. You'd know this because 3/4 the time he was too lazy to break the seal lol. He didnt even have an electronic system, used pen and paper lolll. I wonder if its still open

Godslay

Banned
I just buy blu rays cheap instead of renting.

I own maybe 3 blurays, that I got for Xmas. I really don't have much of a desire to own physical copies of movies. Games are a different subject though, as I prefer the physical copy due to holding value.

The last movie I bought was inglorious basterds. I bought it on a digital copy, since it was only 5.99. Other than that I just rent.

I own maybe 3 blurays, that I got for Xmas. I really don't have much of a desire to own physical copies of movies. Games are a different subject though, as I prefer the physical copy due to holding value.

The last movie I bought was inglorious basterds. I bought it on a digital copy, since it was only 5.99. Other than that I just rent.

I dont really care for digital versions of games and movies.I like to be able to sell things.

Oh my, so I didn't dream that up!

I must prepare my body.
New regime, hopefully we actually do get some good FAs this year. I remember my hopes last year, they were sadly crushed and then even more crushed when skins traded for number 2 pick. Dammit I hate you Holmgren!!!! ....I'm getting all emotional again :"(

brentech

I have like 30 blurays but decided to stop buying movies (other than serious movie favorites and Game of Thrones series). Have like 100 DVDs we're giving away to a local charity garage sale.

Just found we don't watch them real often and often resort to Netflix or Amazon Prime. Renting is cheap from family video if we want to watch a new release. I don't sit and watch most movies I bought a bunch of times. When I lived in Columbus I bought a shit load of DVDs at a buy/sell place since usually at the cost of a blockbuster rental.
Family video is only like 2.49 to rent blu now. 2.99 for 5 nights.

ChanHuk

Banned
Whats for dinner? Has to be fast food, general vicinity of me includes: Tacos, tacos, tacos, McDonalds, Carls Jr, Jack, and a Chinese joint.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have like 30 blurays but decided to stop buying movies (other than serious movie favorites and Game of Thrones series). Have like 100 DVDs we're giving away to a local charity garage sale.

Just found we don't watch them real often and often resort to Netflix or Amazon Prime. Renting is cheap from family video if we want to watch a new release. I don't sit and watch most movies I bought a bunch of times. When I lived in Columbus I bought a shit load of DVDs at a buy/sell place since usually at the cost of a blockbuster rental.
Family video is only like 2.49 to rent blu now. 2.99 for 5 nights.

You know, I love the quality of blu-rays but I'm lazy so I love Netflix. Don't have to get up and put a disc in or anything!

One of the reasons why I may just get a huge HDD for my PS4 and download everything.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Whats for dinner? Has to be fast food, general vicinity of me includes: Tacos, tacos, tacos, McDonalds, Carls Jr, Jack, and a Chinese joint.

I've been on a lunch kick of cheap chinese. I find that it's the same price as fast food, but made fresh and better tasting and sometimes marginally healthier.

Vyer

Generally the Netflix/iTunes/Amazon and occasional Redbox rental covers everything for me.

Also, if you want blu rays, a closing Blockbuster is a good time to stock up.

Top Bottom