• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Tamanon

Banned
I just got back from a country bar in Charlotte and thought of you guys when the club was line dancing to Pitbull's Bud Light song. Also, it looked weird, I don't do line dancing.

Greg

5DAiMtw.jpg
laughed at those little teeth

Thread has been damn entertaining tonight. I'm on no sleep for the last two days, and probably won't be getting any tonight. Both kids sick, coughing, fever, the works. The little one just keeps coughing until she pukes. I've washed every sheet and towel about five times. Then I think about the Superbowl and feel better.

Thank you, Joe Flacco. Fuck you too, but also thank you.

bionic77

Thread has been damn entertaining tonight. I'm on no sleep for the last two days, and probably won't be getting any tonight. Both kids sick, coughing, fever, the works. The little one just keeps coughing until she pukes. I've washed every sheet and towel about five times. Then I think about the Superbowl and feel better.

Thank you, Joe Flacco. Fuck you too, but also thank you.
Ugh.

Just went through that,

Sick kids are the worst.

jakncoke

Banned
They should just trade him something like a conditional first if he reaches certain levels of performance, but if he doesnt they get at least a 2nd and some other picks. Let him annoy some other fanbase/ownership

I'm glad the Steelers didn't draft him. Can't have a player holding your team hostage as the wind blows.

I'm really hoping Keenan Lewis continues to improve. I liked his play last year. At least one bogus interference penalty (vs. NYG) made him the most penalized DB (in yards) for part of the season. Not sure where he wound up, but I see him being the #1 when Ike hangs 'em up in a couple years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/s...-to-wait-and-see-on-darrelle-revis.html?_r=1&

Is Revis still a fan favorite? Maybe it is just the people I follow, but they seem tired of his constant contract issues, and the drama it causes
I think the best thing for the Jets to do right now is trade him, but I also thought the best thing for them to do was to fire Rex and they didn't. I would of got rid of Holmes too maybe even Cromartie, a complete rebuild was needed i think

I think the best thing for the Jets to do right now is trade him, but I also thought the best thing for them to do was to fire Rex and they didn't. I would of got rid of Holmes too maybe even Cromartie, a complete rebuild was needed i think

As much as Holmes is a diva, he's really their only playmaker. Now, if they plan on drafting a WR in the first 2 rounds who could replace him, sure, see what you can get for him. The Steelers got a 5th IIRC trading him to the Jets, so his value is not high. Teams know he's a walking train wreck.

If you trade Revis, Cromartie becomes your #1. You can't walk into the season with no legit corners.

Frankly I would trade Revis and re-stock the team. They're going to need to build through the draft and be way smarter on their FA pickups than they have been. I'm not sure Rex is known for patience. I suspect he's nearing the end and a 3-13 season (possible) would finish him off.

squicken

I'm always in favor of the big bad. If you don't plan for it, then you end up being terrible and having to waste a year getting it straight. I thought AZ last year was an obvious case of a team that was going to be bad, and should have used the year to get their cap right and go as young as possible. But they didn't, and now they still have cap issues.

Jets just need to bite bullet, get what they can in trades for their older players, clear the books, and be ready to start the rebound in 2014 with a good, young QB. Much better class next year. Use this year to get the OL of the future in place for him to play behind

Best case scenario for all of us Jets manage to win enough games that they can't get a good Qb next year, and Rex is given a extension.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've been saying for a while that the NY bfb's need to deal Revis. Shutdown corners don't win games, they are the cherry on top. Pittsburgh won Super Bowls with some questionable corners. The BFBs need a quarterback and a pass rusher more than anything else.

RBH

Teams with the most cap space heading into free agency:

Dolphins - $45.4 million
Browns - $46.3 million
Colts - $45.1 million
Buccaneers - $31.9 million
Eagles - $32.4 million
Bengals - $55.5 million

Matt Schaub is still our quarterback. I just can not get excited for the offseason.

I dont blame you. The rest of the Texans is good enough to compete for a championship, coaches excluded, but the QB spot just holds the whole team back. By the time they finally give up on him the rest of the team will need to be rebuilt.

squicken

I actually do think HOU will draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. They have to know that they made huge mistake, even if they keep saying Schoob is the guy

Maybe this year they will give Yates a real look. I dont see how he could be much worse. They need someone who can get the ball down the fieldand noodle arm isnt the guy. Not sure who they could get in the draft this year that could step in and play better within the next year or 2 though.

squicken

Maybe this year they will give Yates a real look. I dont see how he could be much worse. They need someone who can get the ball down the fieldand noodle arm isnt the guy. Not sure who they could get in the draft this year that could step in and play better within the next year or 2 though.

Yates actually has as noodly an arm as Schoob, and he's ever so slightly faster. Looked like a deer in the headlights last year aside from the one comeback win. Not an answer. He's HOU's Foles, basically, though Foles is much better

cajunator

Banned
Matt Schaub is still our quarterback. I just can not get excited for the offseason.

I was pretty sure Texans fans were overreacting with Schaub since he has had some good seasons, but then I watched the Pro-Bowl. Even throwing to the most elite WRs in the league and the defenses not allowed to tackle hard he still sucked ass.

jakncoke

Banned
Pretty much. If he had a different mindset or the one he has now, he would have been a good QB. The physical talent was there.

When your childhood and teen is treated like a prison to get ready to be a pro qb and you got no free time or time chill with friends or do normal teen stuff you're liable to snap

MechDX

I started following TJ on twitter and he is a farm living, gun toting, hardcore right wing conservative, bible thumping wacko.
He is also probably racist.
Like the EZ of NFL QB's.

I was pretty sure Texans fans were overreacting with Schaub since he has had some good seasons, but then I watched the Pro-Bowl. Even throwing to the most elite WRs in the league and the defenses not allowed to tackle hard he still sucked ass.

sigh yeah.... Such a damn rollercoaster. I, like many others, were convinced after that 2011 playoff loss to the ravens that if Schaub was there we win that game hands down. Then after the Jags and Lions games this year the wheels fell off. Matts arm is now completely dead and I think the Texans know this but wont openly say it because they were dumbass's for giving him that extension.

When your childhood and teen is treated like a prison to get ready to be a pro qb and you got no free time or time chill with friends or do normal teen stuff you're liable to snap

Yeah I remember an interview with him where he said he never had cake once as a kid, not even on his birthday. If his parents hadnt been so hardcore maybe he could have been a good QB.

Godslay

Banned

No doubt. I've seen the same thing in college. Not to the degree of Marinovich obviously, but once the parents aren't watching every move, some kids go crazy and can't handle the freedom.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah I remember an interview with him where he said he never had cake once as a kid, not even on his birthday. If his parents hadnt been so hardcore maybe he could have been a good QB.

Yeah training your kid to be a left handed thrower because it would make him a better prospect is cray. Actually from all we know from the story its a mindfuck and complete miracle he didnt kill his parents and other people in a tweak out.

KevinRo

Seeing those salary cap numbers for the Browns and Bengals makes me expect some hardships in the future from those two teams in the AFC North. The Steelers not so much.

Top Bottom