• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

JABEE

My god watching Denis Rodman try to talk politics is making my head hurt.

It's weird seeing him hang out with North Korean leaders. The reason the United States doesn't call North Korea is because of North Korea's human rights violations. I wonder how much they are paying him to go.

His ex-wife was on Pawn Stars selling his Bulls and Pistons jerseys to get money for their children's college. Rodman is broke.

It's weird seeing him hang out with North Korean leaders. The reason the United States doesn't call North Korea is because of North Korea's human rights violations. I wonder how much they are paying him to go.

His ex-wife was on Pawn Stars selling his Bulls and Pistons jerseys to get money for their children's college. Rodman is broke.

I remember seeing him on Celebrity Rehab

Roto:
The Baltimore Sun says "there is speculation" that free agent ILB Dannell Ellerbe is seeking $25-30 million on a multi-year deal.
Ellerbe, 27, is part of a weak inside linebacker free-agent market, and he's coming off a season where he filled in admirably for the injured Ray Lewis. The Ravens are expected to turn their attention to Ellerbe now that Joe Flacco's deal is done, but beat writer Mike Preston says if Ellerbe wants that kind of cash, Baltimore should let him go. He's a fine player versus the run.
Wonder how many key players get away from the ravens

squicken

Says a lot about what Cincy thinks of Andre Smith when they have that much cap room and have shown so little hurry in signing him

squicken

Whoever can deliver the most krispy kreme donuts will get his signature.

Silly Season and all, but AJC says SJAX will be a primary target of the Falcons. He's better than Turner, especially as a receiver. But it seems like not the best move, unless Quizz has pass pro issues

Jets are a rehab unit for damaged qbs
browns%2BQBs.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of Browns qbs the one morning dudes on 92.3 was freaking out Browns didnt bet the house on Alex Smith he would of been fine with 1st + other picks. I was like you fucking kidding me? These people that qb starved they mortgaging the future on Alex Smith, then again this guy still thinks Colt McCoy can prove himself in the league lolll

Speaking of Browns qbs the one morning dudes on 92.3 was freaking out Browns didnt bet the house on Alex Smith he would of been fine with 1st + other picks. I was like you fucking kidding me? These people that qb starved they mortgaging the future on Alex Smith, then again this guy still thinks Colt McCoy can prove himself in the league lolll
Hm do you know who it was? I usually listen to ESPN 850, and I'm glad we didn't Go after smith now, that price was crazy. I'm not a Colt fan but i think we probably should of stuck with him after we missed out on RG3 I also liked Wilson, but really I just didn't want to take Weeden in the first.

Drakeon

I wish that Browns fan was GM of the Browns :(

I'm still in shock at just how much we got for Alex. I know he'd have done poorly anywhere that has a defensive head coach or doesn't have experience with developing QB's (aka Jets). But KC isn't a bad fit, given that.

jakncoke

Banned
Hm do you know who it was? I usually listen to ESPN 850, and I'm glad we didn't Go after smith now, that price was crazy. I'm not a Colt fan but i think we probably should of stuck with him after we missed out on RG3 I also liked Wilson, but really I just didn't want to take Weeden in the first.

It was booms freaking out like usual about stuff. I dont know how kiley works with him. Its always funny when he gets worked up his voice gets high pitches

Talon

Silly Season and all, but AJC says SJAX will be a primary target of the Falcons. He's better than Turner, especially as a receiver. But it seems like not the best move, unless Quizz has pass pro issues
AJC is not that reliable about rumors. They more often than not do the "this type of player just left, who has the most name recognition at that position?" game.

Quizz improved in pass protection a lot late in the season. He straight-up saved Ryan's ass at the end of that Seattle game on a blitz up the middle. He has thick thighs so he's stronger than his size. It's still something that he can improve though - he didn't do as well against San Fran.

I wouldn't be unhappy with SJax if he's under 5 mil. Guy with a great reputation in the locker room. He can get the tough yards much better than Turner can. Great receiver out of the backfield.

But I would be fine seeing Quizz and a rookie split the load.

Repeat a question I saw on Twitter: Andre Smith for 9m/yr or Jake Long for 11m/yr?
I'd go Andre Smith.

Long, while an excellent LT and locker room guy has been too injury prone as of late to be dependable.
He's also slightly older and seen more snaps.

It's one of those gambles that could pay off big or blow up in your face.

squicken

I'd really worry about SJAX. He didn't practice much the last half of the year. A lot of that is the way Fisher handles vets, but he also had some nagging injuries, which he has had the past 3 years. He's also slowed down a little bit each year. And despite his size, he's nothing special at short yardage. Now, a lot of that is the Rams awful and injured OL. But he's not going to be late-career Bettis. He's not the kind to find those small creases and bull his way in. Rams were throwing for TDs goal to go.

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...esult=&margin_min=&margin_max=&order_by=yards

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...min=&margin_max=&order_by=yards#tm_offense::7

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Queen Elizabeth is in the hospital and people are wanting to start a people's revolution as a result.

I need to stay out of the OT. I feel like I disagree with the consensus in like 75% of the threads there.

Greg

Afternoon drinking is the worst. I stopped over my brother's place for his birthday, and he gave me some of his new batch of homemade beer. So sleepy.

Watching the 30 for 30 called Broke. Man athletes so dumb with their money
What would you expect?

This is a time mostly before the internet, some didn't go to college, most had shitty/unequipped parents, and then they're millionaires virtually overnight.

Sheep to the wolves.

jakncoke

Banned
What would you expect?

This is a time mostly before the internet, some didn't go to college, most had shitty/unequipped parents, and then they're millionaires virtually overnight.

Sheep to the wolves.

I knew it, but hearing athletes talk about what they bought is crazy

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If I was an athlete I'd go crazy with money too.I'd buy an elephant with a big ass gold chain.I dont give a fuck.

Pfft and that's why you'd never be an athlete.

I'd buy myself an elephant with a gold chain but I'd then also buy my elephant a smaller elephant with a silver chain.

So he knows what it's like to be like people.

Top Bottom